[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[BUG]Cane got hit-sound that interfere with Skills

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: sfx,gameplay

Brief bug summary: Phantom's cane normal attack got a hit sound that interferes with skill sounds and thus creating double or even triple sounds in the nova update

More details: phantoms cane normal attack got a hit sound effect ( it came from JMS that's the only other version where phantom's cane got a hit sound) When phantoms use normal attack with a cane there's shouldn't be any hit sound effect, but this update (nova) added one and it interfers with skill sounds effect because they weren't designed with a normal weapon hit sound in-mind; phantom's cane doesn't have a hit sound (it's silent) in kms.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make a phantom
2. Use a normal non-skill regular attack and hear the cane make a hit-sound effect ( canes normal attacks aren't supposed to have a hit-sound effect they are supposed to be silent )

Phantom basic cane attacks aren't supposed to have a hit-sound effect :
(this is the bugged version where canes got a hit-sound; this is GMS)

it's supposed to be like this, silent:
(this is how it's supposed to sound like; or rather not make a sound at all it's supposed to be silent )
the cane didn't have a hit sound effect in gms up until the nova patch.

(this is THMS which is identical to KMS)
Here's how the cane is supposed to sound like or rather not make any sounds at all ( normal hits are silent but skills have sounds ) :

(this is GMS, the cane sound effect came from JMS ,which is the only other version that had this before the nova patch hit GMS and thus gms got it as well)
Here's how the cane sounds like after the nova update in GMS:

The cane hit sound effect interferes with the skills sound effects, it adds an unnecessary additional sound when using skills.

Skills that the cane hit-sound effect interferes with are:
1. Double Entendre
2. Calling Card
3. Mille Cartes
4. Blason
5. Rapier Wit (this skill is really annoying to use because; you effectively get 4 different sound effects; 2 comes from the skill itself and another 2 regular basic attack hit-sounds, which are really irritating)
6. Penombre
7. Carte Rose Finale

Canes basic attacks should not have any hit-sounds; they were designed to be silent as seen in KMS.
(canes hit sound-effect should be removed, as to not effectively make a loophole for any future bugs; because this is not present in kms; some future updates could cause a major issue with this little difference; it's also very irritating to hear multiple unnecessary sounds that interferes with the original skill sounds)

Character name: Ushër

Character level: 217

Character job: Phantom

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: The V190 Nova Game update, November 28th, 2017

YinYangX

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I'm really not sure what you're talking about... my Phantom has always had the sound effect when using a normal attack. Have you finally taken the SFX off mute or something...? :D
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Mira wrote: »
    I'm really not sure what you're talking about... my Phantom has always had the sound effect when using a normal attack. Have you finally taken the SFX off mute or something...? :D

phantoms never had a sound effect when you just use normal attack
    this is a bug, i always play with sound effects on.

ps. the second video has the correct silent sound or no sound for the normal attack ( both videos have sfx on and music off )

pps. i have played phantom for years i know my phantom as good as i know the back of my hand.

i just turned off the music to make the sound clearer.

the first video is after the nova update: phantoms got a hit sound when using normal attack

the second video is how the cane suppoed to be when using a normal attack silent

the hit sound comes from jms as that is the only version of maple story that had this ( no gms has it and i dislike it it interferes with skill sounds, because the cane is meant to be silent )

here's how double entendre sounds like normally: ( skip to 4:44 )

here's how it sounds like with the cane hit sound bug:
    ( notice how the hit sounds interferes with the skill sound itself, the can hit sound used to be silent up untill the v.190 nova update )

TL;DR: Phantom cane weapon normal attack hit sound is supposed to be silent, there shoulden't be any sound when just pressing normal attack while not hitting anything.

Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    *Edit: Added 2 new videos to further demonstrate the problem.
    (they are in the thread itself not in the comment above me )
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2017
    Wow, great job for making such a heavily detailed report. Thank you!
    I'll get this forwarded along with the other related Nova patch bugs.
    PhantomMasterThiefYinYangXbumbertyr
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I know that this was on the Known Issues after the Nova update, but please don't forget about this. :)
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    This is also still not fixed, again it's the 1st of march 2018 already.
    please try to fix it, the cane hit sound interrupts other skills SFX/Sound Effects.

*Edit this issue have already been in the game for 4 months.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    This is still not fixed as of the : Star Squad 13 Update.
    5th April , 2018
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    This bug is still not fixed as of June 20th, ARK Update (2018).

please fix it the cane hit-sound interferes with many of phantom' skill sounds thus resulting in x2 the sound.
    (skill sound+cane hit sound on almost all of phantom' skills)

in KMS : Phantom' Cane hit-sounds are silent (they have no hit-sound).
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    this bug is still not fixed as of july 4th, 2018
    the cane hit-sounds are supposed to be silent because they interfere with the skill sounds making double or even triple sounds, which are annoying.