[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did anyone else get "NGS hack detected" banned

CatoooloooCatooolooo
Reactions: 5,625
edited November 2017 in General Chat
Just wondering as I have managed to trip the autoban system and got perm-banned, maybe about 20 minutes after logging in and getting stuff from the CS to get on my Cadena.
SuigetsuMesosSherricarmenpop22

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Many people on reboot got banned by ngs detected for no reason
  • ShyOreoShyOreo
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2017
    I got perma ban and a lots of friends i know are getting perma ban on Bera.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2017
    Hm. That's strange. My Cadena is 64 as of now and I alternated pretty frequently between my main and my Cadena with no issues.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Might want to submit a ticket in the meantime.
    Suigetsucarmenpop22
  • SuigetsuSuigetsu
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2017
    I also got banned for absolutely no reason... I was able to log in fine not too long ago and im very sure i wasnt violating any rules
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Wait, what? Should I be worried? Should I maybe not log in today?
  • CharmanderCharmander
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2017
    I was also perm banned after finishing the Nova patch, launching the game, and choosing my server...
  • CharmanderCharmander
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2017
    I was also perm banned after finishing the Nova patch, launching the game, and choosing my server...
  • RebootWorldRebootWorld
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2017
    This happened to me. I got kicked out for "hack detected" reason, error code 0 or something like that. This happened after being in game for about 5 minutes. I was in town, and when I try to log back in, it says I'm perm banned.
    Today I got a response to my ticket and the GM literally said I hacked and that it was a serious violation of the code of conduct and told me to avoid sending any more tickets...
    I'm so done with this game. So done
  • MesosMesos
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2017
    @Arwoo
    edited November 2017
    It's like the Kanna banwave, except this time NO ONE is safe!
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2017
    It's like the Kanna banwave, except this time NO ONE is safe!

yep, just received the regular canned response any of the CS team gives for ban waves
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2017
    For now, I highly advise those who have been banned to submit a ticket. I also highly advise not to run any third party programs even if it doesn't coincide with MapleStory. Our team is currently reviewing and looking into these bans.
  • EnvoEnvo
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    For now, I highly advise those who have been banned to submit a ticket. I also highly advise not to run any third party programs even if it doesn't coincide with MapleStory. Our team is currently reviewing and looking into these bans.

Arwoo, thanks - it's encouraging to see that the bans are being looked into. If at all possible, would you please suggest to the reviewing teams to more rigorously inspect each case? It seems a lot of very legitimate Reboot players have been banned, with an enormous amount of support for their cause. I think it is clear that the number of bans that have been occurring for the past 24-48 hours cannot ALL be deserved, right? There has to be something else at play here - there needs to be a more careful inspection, by the GMs, of player accounts banned in the last 24 hours.

• SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited November 2017
    Does this only affect Reboot, or should we be wary of playing in other worlds as well?
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2017
    If you don't use third party programs such as auto hotkey, macro programs, or botting tools, then you have nothing to worry about.
    darikJulycarmenpop22
    edited November 2017

Glad to see it's being looked at. I think I'll keep from logging on until they're done. Can never be to careful.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited November 2017
    Sent a ticket in but was told the same copy and paste message that they found "suspicious activity" during the time i was banned. Even though I was doing the same exact thing I was doing earlier in the day which was meso farming around 2-5:30 PM EST. Tried to meso farm again around 9-10 PM EST. But kept getting NGS Hack detected even though I was running the same exact programs as I do normally. Seen many people on the reddit get unbanned for whatever reason even though they had the same ban message that I did.
  • RebootWorldRebootWorld
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2017
    If you don't use third party programs such as auto hotkey, macro programs, or botting tools, then you have nothing to worry about.

So this is it. This got me banned. Right after I got kicked out of the game for "hacking", I checked my process list and decided to close autohotkey, which I use to lock my mouse cursor when I'm away, btw. This is really sad, I mean, I think a perm ban for this case was way too harsh in my opinion. We are talking about AHK here, not some advanced botting program...
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2017
    I hope the bans get undone, clearly the system is out of sorts again.

guess I'll be on my N Switch till this BS gets sorted.
  • dowiedowie
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2017

I'm sure all those kannas had nothing to worry about either
    SherriLotusBlackCatoooloooRennnxXx_xxHunteRxx_xXXcarmenpop22