[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

About the "Better Maple" thing...

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited October 2016 in General Chat
I personally don't think the GMS team should take credit for the changes that were coming from KMS and list those ones separately. It just doesn't feel right and makes it harder to tell which ones were actually influenced by GMS players.

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Agreed same thought I came across when reading the Better Maple post today.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited October 2016
    Also they should not try taking credit for things from other versions of maple either.
    Kitties
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    well i mean people always wanna feel they done something or accomplished something so they will either take credit or at least put there name on it. it been done for century's in song writing, writing and almost everything. what this shows you is we all need to humble our self's and give credit when its due. ;D
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    What if they asked KMS if they could make those changes, KMS added those changes to their version, and then GMS had to wait for that update?

I could totally see that being the case.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Does it matter?
    The "we" in "We've been working hard" means "Nexon", not just "Nexon America".
    If KMS players have been asking for the same things we have, and Nexon Korea finally implemented that stuff, and Nexon America chose to bring it over (unlike some other KMS features *cough*Auction House*cough*), then I'm happy and I don't particularly care who "takes credit".
    SwordStakerJettLuvsU
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

What if they asked KMS if they could make those changes, KMS added those changes to their version, and then GMS had to wait for that update?

I could totally see that being the case.
    but does asking someone to use their work and their ideas for your operation make it yours is the question. if they ask for it then all the thanks goes to kms for letting them use their ideas and programming. but most of the stuff in kms they get first then us so its going to come to us regardless.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016

You might be surprised by how closely we (and other regions) work with Nexon Korea, and how many of the changes have come as a result of our collective feedback. While we don't get everything that KMS gets, and we don't always get it right away, it isn't like we have no impact on the game.
    - Source
    bumbertyrCatoooloooIvangold
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    MegaScience

You might be surprised by how closely we (and other regions) work with Nexon Korea, and how many of the changes have come as a result of our collective feedback. While we don't get everything that KMS gets, and we don't always get it right away, it isn't like we have no impact on the game.
    - Source
    thax for posting what i did but like i said we get it regardless so yea you guys just need to work harder and bring more ideas to the tables and actually get those ideas done then it becomes yours. ;D
    Lilyflower
  • DariusJQuellanDariusJQuellan
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

MegaScience

- Source
    thax for posting what i did but like i said we get it regardless so yea you guys just need to work harder and bring more ideas to the tables and actually get those ideas done then it becomes yours. ;D
    ..... I'm ashamed that you're allowed to waste so many people's time by quibbling in a post.
    JettLuvsU
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016
    "KThxiBaiNao"
    You might be surprised by how closely we (and other regions) work with Nexon Korea,
    not at all since america its just a branch from korea being the main place
    and how many of the changes have come as a result of our collective feedback.
    thats a lie i havent found yet any proof of korea saying "thanks to gms feedback they implemented something"or anywhere else
    While we don't get everything that KMS gets
    i wonder why~
    and we don't always get it right away
    now THAT would amuse me being honest
    it isn't like we have no impact on the game.
    uh maybe just a litle{i hope}
  • UzumeUzume
    edited October 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

thats a lie i havent found yet any proof of korea saying "thanks to gms feedback they implemented something"or anywhere else
    Because they aren't going to go out of their way to thank another region for their suggestions, that's just.. weird. They're just going to do it. Some of the things in game right now could have very well been a suggestion by GMS implemented by KMS, they just won't tell you that because there's no point in doing so.

It's like thanking your hand for tying your shoe, who does that?
    PrideSwordStakerJettLuvsU
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

Because they aren't going to go out of their way to thank another region for their suggestions, that's just.. weird. They're just going to do it. Some of the things in game right now could have very well been a suggestion by GMS implemented by KMS, they just won't tell you that because there's no point in doing so.

It's like thanking your hand for tying your shoe, who does that?
    i see you didnt get what i said i was alking about gms players not the staff but i guess staff suggestions count as well also theres a lot of poeple that talk to themselves in a mirror for example people with low self-esteem thats just an example
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

"KThxiBaiNao"
    You might be surprised by how closely we (and other regions) work with Nexon Korea,
    i wonder why~
    Actually, GMS received both the Hair and Face saver (And the best version of the system to boot) and Damage skin saver before KMS ever implemented those things (and before all other services iirc) which were from player feedback, so that's not wrong, Also the Soul system originated in JMS but there was never a post from KMS saying "Thanks for this cool system, we've watched you use it over the years and decided to improve it and release it to all services"
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

"KThxiBaiNao"
    i wonder why~
    i clap to you and you right there are my hero ;D
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited October 2016
    I just want them to separate the parts that were directly influenced by us (cause there are definitely a few specific ones, emphasis on few though)
  • UzumeUzume
    edited October 2016
    Does it really, really matter in the long run? We got some good changes, that should be the focus.
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Does it really, really matter in the long run? We got some good changes, that should be the focus.
    well we wanna kno if people are actually working or if their just taking updates and posting it lol
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    MegaScience

- Source
    LUL. Nexon America's revenue is 4% of the entire organization, with China being the largest region.
    https://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/pdf/20160512_2.pdf

Also anyone see the patch notes where they literally copied word to word especially the bit "We've been working hard to improve MapleStory, and have made the following changes:" When all they needed to do was copy-paste past updates.
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

Uzume
    Uzume said:

well we wanna kno if people are actually working or if their just taking updates and posting it lol
    Literally the dumbest thing I have read ever. You think that you can just cop paste code and that's all it takes? Please. Taking updates? It's the same damn company. Who cares?!
    DariusJQuellan
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

Uzume
    Uzume said:

you realize the coders and managers for GMS are in korea right?