[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did anyone else get "NGS hack detected" banned

Comments

• CharmanderCharmander
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2017
    SlicedTime wrote: »
    Does this only affect Reboot, or should we be wary of playing in other worlds as well?

I main an I/L on Scania, it's not just Reboot.
  • MoonfellMoonfell
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2017
    Received the same thing while afking in leafre on my kaiser. Would be very much appreciated if we could get an explanation for what has been happening with these.
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    dowie wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    If you don't use third party programs such as auto hotkey, macro programs, or botting tools, then you have nothing to worry about.

I'm sure all those kannas had nothing to worry about either

That's okay. They've got 3 whole hours worth of 2x exp for their trouble!

CatoooloooSherricarmenpop22
  • TykkuTykku
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2017
    If you don't use third party programs such as auto hotkey, macro programs, or botting tools, then you have nothing to worry about.

Maybe if your controller support had some functionality people wouldn't have to use key reassignment software.
  • DexterinioDexterinio
    Reactions: 360
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I was banned while meso farming.
    I had AHK on because I played CS:GO few minutes before.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017

Are you sure? It'd be nice to play today but I'm still worried. Gonna wait and see after the next maintenance, just to be extra safe.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017

Are you sure? It'd be nice to play today but I'm still worried. Gonna wait and see after the next maintenance, just to be extra safe.

It's just a damage control response, I dont use any of those things and still got banned for no reason.

If I were you I'd just wait it out.
  • imZeeeimZeee
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2017
    Already responded in a few Reddit Threads. Just reiterating that I received an autoban on my Main and Kanna Mule accounts for simply logging in after patch day.
    edited December 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

It's just a damage control response, I dont use any of those things and still got banned for no reason.

If I were you I'd just wait it out.

Ok, I will. Don't wanna risk my account being lost forever.
  • UltimaxexonUltimaxexon
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    I was also hit with the auto ban like 2 week ago(NGS hack detected) and I lost my main 250 xenon in windia and all I did was checking fm and crash and got slap with perm ban
  • SkogulSkogul
    edited December 2017
    Arwoo: Can we get a confirmation on the following programs and if they are triggering anything:
    Logitech Gaming Software
    Razer Synapse

Telling us not to run any other programs is a bit vague and it seems a lot of people were hit by just running Chrome and Discord. People could have all kinds of things running in the backround, from Spotify and MSI Afterburner.

I'm sure the team isn't up for suggestions, but wouldn't it make more sense to simply block people from opening the game if they had a certain program running rather than autobanning them outright and trying to fix collateral damage later?

We're now nearly 48 hours into the events and I'd still rather not risk my account by playing in case one of the above mentioned programs triggers a ban. I have missed out on countless coins and will miss out on 2x and more if this is not resolved before we go into the weekend today.

Yesterday I had to login or I would have lost reward points that were about to expire. I killed every single process on my computer except Steam and made sure I was in an out in less than 3 minutes. I forgot to pick up my auctions as well so will need to do the same today so the items won't disappear. I can tell you that I was holding my breathe the whole time.

It's more than a little silly that this level of fear is there for simply logging into the game.
    Sherricarmenpop22
  • DexterinioDexterinio
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    @Arwoo
    Skogul wrote: »
    Arwoo: Can we get a confirmation on the following programs and if they are triggering anything:
    Logitech Gaming Software
    Razer Synapse

Telling us not to run any other programs is a bit vague and it seems a lot of people were hit by just running Chrome and Discord. People could have all kinds of things running in the backround, from Spotify and MSI Afterburner.

I'm sure the team isn't up for suggestions, but wouldn't it make more sense to simply block people from opening the game if they had a certain program running rather than autobanning them outright and trying to fix collateral damage later?

We're now nearly 48 hours into the events and I'd still rather not risk my account by even trying to login in case one of the above mentioned programs triggers a ban. I have missed out on countless coins and will miss out on 2x and more if this is not resolved before we go into the weekend today.

Spotify aswell.
    edited December 2017
    Logitech Gaming Software
    Razer Synapse

We're now nearly 48 hours into the events and I'd still rather not risk my account by even trying to login in case one of the above mentioned programs triggers a ban. I have missed out on countless coins and will miss out on 2x and more if this is not resolved before we go into the weekend today.

Yeah, blocking rather then banning would be ideal. Much less mess to deal with.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I use Steam to play MapleStory so it shouldn't cause any issues.
    Of course, I don't know for sure and I'll be pretty angry if it does get me banned when again, I use it to play the game.
  • SkogulSkogul
    edited December 2017
    It should also be noted that Maplestory should not be trying to run a monopoly on people's computers. I'm not sure how deep the detection program goes, but simply having stuff installed that is not running while Maplestory is should not trigger a ban (if that's the case here).

As mentioned on the Reddit post, some people have various programs installed for school and work. Things like AHK are legal in other games to do specific functions that those Devs have deemed OK. Most people using a controller in any of the games they play from PC will likely be using some kind of software to play.

This doesn't even begin to touch on kids that use a family computer and don't have the technical know-how or permission to kill idle processes their family members may use regularly.

Surely you can see how this can get out of hand quickly? I appreciate everything being done to rid of us hackers, but honest players should never be permanently banned in the process.
  • DexterinioDexterinio
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    It should also be noted that Maplestory should not be trying to run a monopoly on people's computers. I'm not sure how deep the detection program goes, but simply having stuff installed that is not running while Maplestory is should not trigger a ban (if that's the case here).

As mentioned on the Reddit post, some people have various programs installed for school and work. Things like AHK are legal in other games to do specific functions that those Devs have deemed OK. Most people using a controller in any of the games they play from PC will likely be using some kind of software to play.

This doesn't even begin to touch on kids that use a family computer and don't have the technical know-how or permission to kill idle processes their family members may use regularly.

Surely you can see how this can get out of hand quickly? I appreciate everything being done to rid of us hackers, but honest players should never be permanently banned in the process.

Pretty sure it's illegal to scan your PC's programs even who aren't even running.
    That's pretty much breaking into the privacy.
    Any I agree with you, autobans shouldn't be able to perm ban at all.
    CatoooloooSherricarmenpop22
  • Jiffy_jiffsterJiffy_jiffster
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    i read the Code of Conduct for the game very closely if you did any of this and i believe we have ppl who do key macros here you are at fault. btw most keyboards have macro programs built into them for gaming i know my razor keyboard does. (But i DO NOT use it for online games) the games Anti Hacks can detect clicks per Mil sec for keys and easy way to get busted.
    Cheating:

You will not exploit errors in design or features which are not documented and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage.
    You will not modify the software made available to you, either as part of a game or an interactive service, to change the service. This includes, without limitation, creating cheats and/or hacks or using third-party software to access files we make available to you.
    You will not reverse engineer, packet sniff, decompile or disassemble all or any portion of our games or interactive services.
    You will not engage in using macros (e.g., "macroing"), auto-looting or robot play (i.e., "botting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence.
    You will not use "packet sniffing," scripting and/or macroing software for any purpose whatsoever, or otherwise monitor the data streams generated by our games and interactive services.
  • ShyOreoShyOreo
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2017
    I can prove that I only have opera browser and the game install on my computer the rest is just windows 7
  • Jiffy_jiffsterJiffy_jiffster
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    THERE IS NOTHING in code of conduct that says you cant have any thrid party program running as long as it does not interfere with maplestory so yes you can have discord spoitfy or anything as long as it does not affect maplestory. guys it would help if took the time and read the Terms Of Service before you start HUGE rant about what you can and can not use.
  • SkogulSkogul
    edited December 2017
    THERE IS NOTHING in code of conduct that says you cant have any thrid party program running as long as it does not interfere with maplestory so yes you can have discord spoitfy or anything as long as it does not affect maplestory.

All of this is irrelevant if the autoban system is running rampant indiscriminately.

Anyways, Arwoo addressed autobans on the Livestream just now and said there should be an official response today about the issue. I really hope so, as I'd like to play for the rest of the weekend without fearing for my account.
    Sherricarmenpop22