[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reconsider the In-game name Cooldown

Comments

• lalala12345lalala12345
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2017
    Some of us probably won't even see our ign that we deleted, because the ign botters will snipe our IGN.
  • RaindewRaindew
    Reactions: 1,030
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Interesting how theyre making a bigger thing out of the name cooldown than the non kms map meso nerf. badgering and badgering when it's been said there's no excuse for it really makes the player base look bad as well.

the meso nerf for those maps affect mostly Reboot players, im not really trying to be bias but this IGN update is probably a more bigger topic because In-game names are the START of your gaming experience and like most people have said here, we read about future kms updates thanks to max of oblog we saw cadena then we even saw a 2nd class. This also has a big effect on reboot players as well.

everyone in this game is at that overage, we're not 12 years old anymore, people probably dont want to remake
    their ign into something childish such as OMGitzMaxy, after the name wipe, thousands of names were released, not only english words but other language words as well a lot of people like anime and people save anime related igns or even igns such as their own made up name like Riosuke but that doesnt mean he/she is the only person thinking about saving the ign Riosuke, there are thousands of players in GMS and lots of people have similar minds, ill tell you honestly that there was 1 time that i wanted to make up a name to make myself sound cool and it was actually TAKEN which surprised me and i even searched in ranks and it was an actual up to date character. There is nothing wrong with saving your future characters name and this cool down just killed 3 of the events so far, Cadena, illium and Free ign name change coupons.

Plus if u already had a name played for your class, how discouraging does it feel that you cant actually play with the name you saved?
    This isn't really punishing Real Money Traders but more so punishing your gaming community.
    Also would like to mention that there are some players out there who probably make mules like I do with igns like Racus01, Racus02, etc.
    and when new classes come out, Racus41 and Racus42 cannot be made, which really kills your whole account because you had all your mules set up as the same name, and who's to say a troll wont try to take Racus41 and so forth?

for all those people waiting 24 hours on their igns when deleting them, here's an update about the cool down:
    When you delete your ign, you need to wait 24 hours for it to be deleted off your account systematically then another set of time, from what i have heard: it can take from a week to 30 days for the ign to be available again.. LOL (this is also based on one KMS player who waited over 30 days and STILL did not get his ign he had saved)
    Some of us probably won't even see our ign that we deleted, because the ign botters will snipe our IGN.

This here is also a problem, lets say a handful of us saved unique igns from the wipe such as the ign "Proper" or maybe even "Digimon", now those are very great igns like "Rain" but they're still well known, even if someone were to use Riosuke, these are unique 1 worded igns and tbh there are a lot of no lifers who want to make people angry and suffer, who's to say they won't try to do some king of ign botting and steal Riosuke within the 30days? Bots don't need to sleep but we do and because its so randomized, we'll never know if our igns were stolen or still available
    Sherri
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    You'd think that if there was an unintended change, you'd remove it and then figure out if it's a feature that should be implemented. Not figuring out if it's worth keeping while it's still in the game.

This issue has been dealt with completely backwards.

Regardless, I understand that it hasn't been long since the patch went live, and as such I'll give the benefit of the doubt that action will be taken.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    What’s the probability if it’s an original name that someone has taken it?

People have their own names for their characters that are new as well. It has nothing to do with botters taking names.

And how has this ruined ilium, it’s not even out yet. I would say this is fair play, maybe not at a random time after the 24 hours but it is good to prevent hoarding names.
  • lalala12345lalala12345
    edited December 2017

People have their own names for their characters that are new as well. It has nothing to do with botters taking names.

And how has this ruined ilium, it’s not even out yet. I would say this is fair play, maybe not at a random time after the 24 hours but it is good to prevent hoarding names.

I hear IGN Botters use the dictionary, so you never know.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017

I hear IGN Botters use the dictionary, so you never know.

Makes the probability even lower with all the possible combinations of words
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I like how there is still no news about this. Big chance it will happen to more and more people this way. Still trying to get my names back about every hour still no luck its been almost 48 hours now.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    Sumi wrote: »
    I like how there is still no news about this. Big chance it will happen to more and more people this way. Still trying to get my names back about every hour still no luck its been almost 48 hours now.

Same...I really want my IGN back T^T I really hope nexon will shed some light for us...
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    same i lost 2 cause of this i really want them back =( just keep trying daily so far... But an update on the matter would be nice.
  • lalala12345lalala12345
    edited December 2017
    yea me too, i been trying at every hour or so... my patience is wearing thin.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
  • KelpTheGreatKelpTheGreat
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited December 2017
    Raindew wrote: »
    its just so frustrating to make a new character now, we basically just have to think of an ign on the spot and it just never works out. Especially to a lot of us who had igns stored for future classes

This doesn't make any sense. If you have names stored for future classes, then why don't you use those names when you create the character, instead of thinking of one on the spot? And why would a name change cooldown time prevent you from naming a brand-new character what you want to in the first place? Think up a name, give it to the character, leave the character named that. There's no need to change your characters names at all.
  • RaindewRaindew
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Raindew wrote: »
    its just so frustrating to make a new character now, we basically just have to think of an ign on the spot and it just never works out. Especially to a lot of us who had igns stored for future classes

This doesn't make any sense. If you have names stored for future classes, then why don't you use those names when you create the character, instead of thinking of one on the spot? And why would a name change cooldown time prevent you from naming a brand-new character what you want to in the first place? Think up a name, give it to the character, leave the character named that. There's no need to change your characters names at all.

what are you even trying to say... do you know what this thread is about? LOL
  • ChristmasChristmas
    Reactions: 1,130
    edited December 2017
    It's being REVERTED. Arwoo said in stream (start at 18 mins)
    iBear
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    People don't always save "rare" names either. For example, I use the other servers to save Daxi<#>, so I can get my 250's in number order. With this update I've been unable to name my next 250 Daxi<#>, I believe I have more claim to Daxi6 (for example) then anyone else and I don't think I should have to compete with other people for the name I've already saved. :(

I don't know the exact order I'll be getting the next 35 250's in.
  • iBeariBear
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Christmas wrote: »
    It's being REVERTED. Arwoo said in stream (start at 18 mins)

By any chance did they reveal when it will be reverted? I think many of us are constantly checking to see if it works but results are the same =/
    It will ease our minds if they give us a date in which the process will be done.
  • SpiritSpirit
    Reactions: 1,365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    What we really need is a system that let's us have duplicates of names yet have a way to tell the duplicates apart. Making it where anyone can have any name even if someone else has it already will get rid of any monetary value to people. I've never understood how no action is taken against those who reserve lots of good names only for the purpose of selling them for 100-200 dollars each. Many people cashed out big time when the last name wipe happened. It's a problem.

Don't get me started on all of the good names on perma-banned hacker accounts. Those names are all forever wasted until we get another name wipe.
  • MissalovesMissaloves
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited December 2017
    This is very sad because 2 days have passed and I still dont recover my IGN that I saved and this isnt still resolved, we will have a 2exp event this Saturday and we will not be able to enjoy it with the ING we want it.

Oh guys ignore this comment I already got my IGN :v go to get yours.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited December 2017
    I think the name cooldown has been reverted, or maybe I just got extremely lucky. I got back both of the IGNs I deleted just now, the first one I deleted 36 hours ago, and the second one I deleted 27 hours ago.
    Taehyung
  • RaindewRaindew
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Toreishi wrote: »
    I think the name cooldown has been reverted, or maybe I just got extremely lucky. I got back both of the IGNs I deleted just now, the first one I deleted 36 hours ago, and the second one I deleted 27 hours ago.

nah its reverted, you can try w/ a dummy ign to make sure before using ur actual ign to change it into a cadena!!

we won the battle guys :D