[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I know thief is squishy but this is nuts!

KrimlockKrimlock
Reactions: 1,840
edited December 2017 in General Chat
I have a 190+ cadena my hp is roughly 34k, i went to go fight a elite boss and caue they boss (and almost everyone of them) have a multi hit skill i just got 1 shoted granted i did kill it but it just made me go WOW then like an idiot i went to fight madman ra...64k dmg on touch! and im on normal servers!

So my question should i max HP % hyper stats and use the kaiser link skill or just go back to hammerdin?

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2017
    A lot of classes get easily 1 shot by those elites that do multiple hits, i played a dw and i also got that problem ,even with kaiser or shade, elites in general are very strong so dont worry about it , but in general thieves are squishy ye,idk about cadena though.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    Welcome to Cadena death squad XD. I died and lost...4? 2x coupons courtesy of lack of buff freezers. I also lost at least one Rune buff.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Elite Bosses deal %damage in most cases.
    Modokin and CQ57 are the worst in this regard; ranged attacks work far better on them.

Touch damage is never %damage unless you're fighting the flying mobs in Arcane River. If you raise your defense enough by leveling up/enhancing gear, you should be able to tank Ranmaru's touch damage easily.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Madman ranmaru has one hit ko touch damage my phantom 212 in reboot dies one hit ko
  • darikdarik
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Modokin and CQ57 are the worst in this regard; ranged attacks work far better on them.

Touch damage is never %damage unless you're fighting the flying mobs in Arcane River. If you raise your defense enough by leveling up/enhancing gear, you should be able to tank Ranmaru's touch damage easily.

Madman raanmaru 1 shots even eith good gear, i have a db with 900k range with ra set some gollux and such and it still gets 1 shot if it hits me.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    She has a pretty high evasion rate but still is squishy like a pillow.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    darik wrote: »

Madman raanmaru 1 shots even eith good gear, i have a db with 900k range with ra set some gollux and such and it still gets 1 shot if it hits me.

I feel like Madman Ranmaru doesn't move enough for this to actually be a problem. Most of the fight he's charging up his attack.
  • darikdarik
    edited December 2017

I feel like Madman Ranmaru doesn't move enough for this to actually be a problem. Most of the fight he's charging up his attack.

Yeah sure but my point is to state the squishyness of thieves which can be seen when fighting madman ranmaru, im not saying that the boss is hard or anything , just proving that thieves are in general squishy
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited December 2017

Sad part is cadena is all about moving by dashing in and out of mobs she is by far the most mobile active class to date T_T and i really really like her play style reminds me of BaMs always on the move! But yeah i guess ill raise hp and def gear even if im fully geared in cRA gear and gollux and all of it 10stars + madman ra is just to much man for me lol XD thank you all!
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Krimlock wrote: »

Sad part is cadena is all about moving by dashing in and out of mobs she is by far the most mobile active class to date T_T and i really really like her play style reminds me of BaMs always on the move! But yeah i guess ill raise hp and def gear even if im fully geared in cRA gear and gollux and all of it 10stars + madman ra is just to much man for me lol XD thank you all!

I know right? Probably why I'm enjoying playing as her so much and why my hands aren't dead from playing as her either lol
    I main a BaM and it's really fun imo.. though at least BaM can take a ton of hits. ;-;