[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Raise Mesos Cap To 100B

Comments

• Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited December 2017
    Cadena91 wrote: »
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »
    Er, why exactly are you buying a Fafnir weapon for 20b when the average cost of a clean weapon is typically ranging from 5m-20m (often on the lower-end of that scale)? I won't question your decision or anything, but Fafnirs are not typically worth twice the meso cap.

Also, please do not accuse others of scamming on the forums. Report them in-game or file a ticket.

Ok... I can only stand so much. Do you expect players to kill endgame bosses with clean fafnir gear?

Do you expect people to roll $1k just in cubes(main/bpot) to get 2-3 lines of %attack on average(main/bpot)?

Then when that's all over, and they play this game enough to get the next upgrade of arcane shade are you expecting that player who spent $1000 to sell this item for 10b and call it a day?

Are you freaking serious right now?

10B should be way more valuable then it is right now, we can thank botters for that, in KMS the 30B meso increase is more then enough, because mesos there are just that much more valubale.

GMS 1 Billion Mesos = 1.3/1.4 Maple Points/NX/USD
    KMS 1 Billion Mesos = 66.3/66.4 Maple Points/NX/USD

do you see my point? ( sigh if we only didn't have any or as much botters, though it's not an easy task to kill them off, but when 1 Billion in game currency is worth jackshit, that's when you know you got a problem with your in game currency.

because doing trades for over 100 or even 300 of Billions can result in scams, and items are priced way too high ( which is just nuts for new players )
    for ex: 17 Stared Arcane Umbra gear in kms is worth like 7.3/7.5 Billion of mesos.

in gms arcane umbra gear is worth more then 250 Billion mesos or maybe even more, i know that players in gms just sell items for usd, so it's nearly impossible to buy end game gear with a reasonable amount of mesos.

Mesos should become way way way more valuable in GMS then they currently are, because that hurts everyone

You took the words right out of my mouth, but the question is, how do we do that? how do we get rid of all those hackers? frankly, I gave up training.

We need some active GM who can actually ban these botters who spam in Leafre, Henesys, FM, etc.

Yes, but Nexon might not have enough GM's, it cost a lot of money as well, things are not as easy as you think they are.
  • HubbertoHubberto
    Reactions: 1,455
    edited December 2017
    To be honest it will not happen but if you actually managed to wipe botters and have meso worth rise consequently, as well as (now I'm laughing) adopt an anti-RMT policy, the amount of money spent on NX would increase drastically enough to pay dozens of GMs in my opinion. If a player has a 100-200b worth item (or even better, an item such as frenzy totem, which costs the equivalent of 800-1000b here), it's much more likely for people to go for a money trade (guess how this money will be later spent to rebuild that meso? hint: the answer is not "NX cash"). That is all money that will go out of the ingame currency cycle. But if the meso worth increases to, say, 1:50 rates (now it's 1:500), and items cost "just" 1/10th of the current, a person with frenzy would be much more comfortable with trading for mesos that they will actually be able to spend. If the buyer really wants to spend real life money for it, buy NX, revert to MP and trade it in for mesos.

The solution is indeed having a couple game masters patrolling the game at least on a daily basis. That's not even much work to do. Just hire a couple people among the population (through an accurate selection) and allow them to do the GM task while regularly playing, pay in small pocket + amount of NX, not so hard in my opinion.

P.S. Luna server thanks this migration a bunch, all this botting issue managed to screw up our server so severely just one year (even less) in, in a way that our hackers never managed to within 10 times as long. Even if anything happened, there is so much meso floating that it's impossible for economy to assest in reasonable times.

/offtopic
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited December 2017
    Hubberto wrote: »
    To be honest it will not happen but if you actually managed to wipe botters and have meso worth rise consequently, as well as (now I'm laughing) adopt an anti-RMT policy, the amount of money spent on NX would increase drastically enough to pay dozens of GMs in my opinion. If a player has a 100-200b worth item (or even better, an item such as frenzy totem, which costs the equivalent of 800-1000b here), it's much more likely for people to go for a money trade (guess how this money will be later spent to rebuild that meso? hint: the answer is not "NX cash"). That is all money that will go out of the ingame currency cycle. But if the meso worth increases to, say, 1:50 rates (now it's 1:500), and items cost "just" 1/10th of the current, a person with frenzy would be much more comfortable with trading for mesos that they will actually be able to spend. If the buyer really wants to spend real life money for it, buy NX, revert to MP and trade it in for mesos.

The solution is indeed having a couple game masters patrolling the game at least on a daily basis. That's not even much work to do. Just hire a couple people among the population (through an accurate selection) and allow them to do the GM task while regularly playing, pay in small pocket + amount of NX, not so hard in my opinion.

P.S. Luna server thanks this migration a bunch, all this botting issue managed to screw up our server so severely just one year (even less) in, in a way that our hackers never managed to within 10 times as long. Even if anything happened, there is so much meso floating that it's impossible for economy to assest in reasonable times.

/offtopic

But they must patrolling without their GM accounts, becuase those hackers/botters has that thing called Auto Change Ch or whatever, whenever a GM hit their map, their change ch right away or relogging.

They patrolling with a normal account, write down all the ign's of the hackers and then perm ban them.

And I think we should focus on the botters which spams their mesos sale sites, since this is how they advertise their mesos sale, but if they fail on that, botting and getting mesos would be pointless.
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2017
    What really gets me going is that fact that if you look at your inventory's meso display vs. your storage, you notice that the storage has room for an extra digit. I thought it was 99bil for storage until I tested. Nope. Still 9,999,999,999 :(
  • AzwraithAzwraith
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2017
    we dont need a new cap dude, prices are already high enough to inflate them even more. 40m each clean slate / 100m each epic pot. If the cap raises to 100m then be prepared to buy clean slats 320m e/a or 400m e/a clean slate or epic pots. Increasing the amount of mesos isnt gonna resolve the problem. As many of other players says prices in KMS are totally different than GMS. A youtuber got his umbra weapon for 10b + nx cash items. This is unimaginable right now these days in GMS what we have to do it is to low the prices here in GMS if not then prices are going even higher cause meso worths nothing in GMS, from 1:150 NX trades prices are 1k:500m this is unacceptable and unplayable D:
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Azwraith wrote: »
    we dont need a new cap dude, prices are already high enough to inflate them even more. 40m each clean slate / 100m each epic pot. If the cap raises to 100m then be prepared to buy clean slats 320m e/a or 400m e/a clean slate or epic pots. Increasing the amount of mesos isnt gonna resolve the problem. As many of other players says prices in KMS are totally different than GMS. A youtuber got his umbra weapon for 10b + nx cash items. This is unimaginable right now these days in GMS what we have to do it is to low the prices here in GMS if not then prices are going even higher cause meso worths nothing in GMS, from 1:150 NX trades prices are 1k:500m this is unacceptable and unplayable D:

I mean we *do* need a higher cap because our mesos are so inflated, *but* if we get a higher cap the mesos would keep inflating even more.

in a perfect world the botters/meso sellers, would just disapper.

i guess the best we can do, is hope for when the FM is removed and the AH Improved, the botters/meso sellers would slowly start to dwindle down

and the economy would start to stabilize again or *Deiflate*

I hope that a day would come when in GMS, 10 Billion Mesos would be worth and Arm and a Leg !
    and 100 Billion would be = to todays 100 Trillion

• JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited December 2017
    If Nexon chooses not to tighten up the hacking in the game which is the main reason the inflation has happened. Then yes we do need a mesos cap increase. Keeping the cap the same will deflate anything at all. In order to deflate all the mesos prices in the game right now so that the mesos are a reasonable price then Nexon needs to tighten up the games security like KMS has done as well as create bigger mesos sinks and/or wipe a lot of mesos out the game. That is the only way to fix the current economy and the fact Nexon chooses not to tighten up gaming security then a mesos cap increase is needed. If not that at least allow the storage to hold more mesos so you don't have to hold them on each of your toons instead.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited December 2017
    WyldeRyder wrote: »
    What really gets me going is that fact that if you look at your inventory's meso display vs. your storage, you notice that the storage has room for an extra digit. I thought it was 99bil for storage until I tested. Nope. Still 9,999,999,999 :(

Yeah, it's like that because it meant to be 99,999,999 and not 9,999,999.

Don't need a new mesos cap? what planet do you live on?

I mean we *do* need a higher cap because our mesos are so inflated, *but* if we get a higher cap the mesos would keep inflating even more.

in a perfect world the botters/meso sellers, would just disapper.

i guess the best we can do, is hope for when the FM is removed and the AH Improved, the botters/meso sellers would slowly start to dwindle down

and the economy would start to stabilize again or *Deiflate*

I hope that a day would come when in GMS, 10 Billion Mesos would be worth and Arm and a Leg !
    and 100 Billion would be = to todays 100 Trillion

Yeah, you're absolutely right, I have no idea why Nexon don't take action now, I mean just log on normal accounts (not GM account) and look around, there are so many hackers (write down their ign's and ban them with the GM account).

Henesys is being spammed 24/7, like there's literally no GM's around and nobody even care.
    Joint wrote: »
    If Nexon chooses not to tighten up the hacking in the game which is the main reason the inflation has happened. Then yes we do need a mesos cap increase. Keeping the cap the same will deflate anything at all. In order to deflate all the mesos prices in the game right now so that the mesos are a reasonable price then Nexon needs to tighten up the games security like KMS has done as well as create bigger mesos sinks and/or wipe a lot of mesos out the game. That is the only way to fix the current economy and the fact Nexon chooses not to tighten up gaming security then a mesos cap increase is needed. If not that at least allow the storage to hold more mesos so you don't have to hold them on each of your toons instead.

Yeah, but I rather that they'd do both things that you just said, get rid of at least 95% of hackers and raise the mesos cap
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2017
    It's not the mesos cap that's the problem...
    See if Nexon NA really rised the cap to 100b, what would happen to new players?
    Yep, they start always with 0 mesos.
    Poor people would quit, wich would result in a situation where your stuff doesn't sell anymore (because us poor newbs literally use all our mesos on your stuff), and prices will drop.
    At that point, people with loads of mesos would try to control the AH market (wich is technically possible already anyways, but on smaller scale), and that's not what most people want to happen.

If you have too many mesos, turn it into maple points. You can make a super insane equipment with legendary pot and bonus pot with mesos that are less than the cap.
    If you mean to sell your godly equipment, you have to settle down with cap or exchange face-to-face for items equal of value. Is that so hard to do?
    edited December 2017
    Jacaru wrote: »
    It's not the mesos cap that's the problem...
    See if Nexon NA really rised the cap to 100b, what would happen to new players?
    Yep, they start always with 0 mesos.
    Poor people would quit, wich would result in a situation where your stuff doesn't sell anymore (because us poor newbs literally use all our mesos on your stuff), and prices will drop.
    At that point, people with loads of mesos would try to control the AH market (wich is technically possible already anyways, but on smaller scale), and that's not what most people want to happen.

If you have too many mesos, turn it into maple points. You can make a super insane equipment with legendary pot and bonus pot with mesos that are less than the cap.
    If you mean to sell your godly equipment, you have to settle down with cap or exchange face-to-face for items equal of value. Is that so hard to do?

Are you joking, right?

There is no different if it's 10b or 100b for new players, because they'd start with 0 mesos anyway, but it still affect them because if mesos raise up to 100b then it might drop the prices of equips in the game.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    when we hold more, things cost more.
    Lilyflower
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    edited December 2017
    I would have to disagree. Currently, a lot of items cost more than 10b anyways. What current merches are doing is setting the price to 9,999,999,999 and making sure that they have any quantity of meso other than 0. This makes it impossible to buy the item for the cap price, and makes the merch serve its purpose only as a display case for the item in question. The trade must be done multiple times, and opens possibilities for scamming.
    edited December 2017

Yes, Nexon should really do it very soon.
    I would have to disagree. Currently, a lot of items cost more than 10b anyways. What current merches are doing is setting the price to 9,999,999,999 and making sure that they have any quantity of meso other than 0. This makes it impossible to buy the item for the cap price, and makes the merch serve its purpose only as a display case for the item in question. The trade must be done multiple times, and opens possibilities for scamming.

If someone will want to buy a certain item for 30b, instead of taking a risk and pay the seller 10b first, and then 10b and then another 10b, if mesos cap were 100b, we'd have no troubles at all.
    WyldeRyder
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    edited December 2017
    If someone will want to buy a certain item for 30b, instead of taking a risk and pay the seller 10b first, and then 10b and then another 10b, if mesos cap were 100b, we'd have no troubles at all.

That's what I'm saying. I too would like to see the meso cap raised. There are people arguing that it would inflate mesos even further (which it might a bit due to simplicity). However, I doubt that it would make much of a difference: as I said, some items cost more than 10bil anyways.
    So, yes, raising the meso cap would definitely make buying easier and more secure (instead of just many trades, or trading cash items). Trading cash items is also a bad road to go down, since it's less secure for the seller of the item. There's no guarantee that people would ever want to buy those cash items, and on top of that, each item would have to optimally be somewhere not to far under the 10bil mark. Otherwise, the seller of the >10bil item is back to square one: selling the cash items now for >10bil.

By the way, IRL in business, the term is liquidity. Mesos aren't as *liquid* as they should be right now
    And the >10bil items: even less so :V
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017

Yes, Nexon should really do it very soon.

100b would create an even bigger depression, theres already inflation beyond repair.