[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Someone explain this.

MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
Reactions: 850
edited December 2017 in Rants and Raves
So when Cadena comes out, jack **** piddly events, except a kinda stupid breakthrough event that is near impossible for average players to achieve. When Ilium comes out (Why the **** are their releases staggered anyway) Burning, step up, all the works. How is this even remotely well thought out.
SherriLaliDragon

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    MoeruHohei wrote: »
    So when Cadena comes out, jack **** piddly events, except a kinda stupid breakthrough event that is near impossible for average players to achieve. When Ilium comes out (Why the **** are their releases staggered anyway) Burning, step up, all the works. How is this even remotely well thought out.

you probably wont be able to burn the ilium or cadena
    Lilyflower
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I know right? I've been playing MS nonstop and my Cadena is level 160 now.. leveling is starting to slow down now..
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    I know right? I've been playing MS nonstop and my Cadena is level 160 now.. leveling is starting to slow down now..

mine is 158 waiting til the legion shop resets, I use 5 potions, 1 time to 49% then train the 51% with the legion buff the potion gives, then use another one and so on. basically cut training time.
    LilyflowerSherri
    edited December 2017
    Level 200 is a joke, only takes half a day. If you can't do that, then you're obviously wasting too much time on this game.

cool beans

only half a day he says, who has the time to spend half a day on this game, oh apparently you do, instead f spending time with family and friends like you tell everyone to do. Now thats the joke, hypocrisy.
    SherriMoeruHoheiMageOfBattlesdarikbootlickerLilyflower
  • MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
    Reactions: 850
    edited December 2017
    Level 200 is a joke, only takes half a day. If you can't do that, then you're obviously wasting too much time on this game.
    "Is a joke and takes half a day" So basically, you're pre-funded, have someone to HS and Kanna you, and maybe frenzy etc you, while also spending NX on 1 day 2x exp tickets, on top of that other EXP boosting sources. If that's the case, I think the one who spends to much time on the game is you.
    edited December 2017

cool beans

only half a day he says, who has the time to spend half a day on this game, oh apparently you do, instead f spending time with family and friends like you tell everyone to do. Now thats the joke, hypocrisy.
    MoeruHohei wrote: »
    "Is a joke and takes half a day" So basically, you're pre-funded, have someone to HS and Kanna you, and maybe frenzy etc you, while also spending NX on 1 day 2x exp tickets, on top of that other EXP boosting sources. If that's the case, I think the one who spends to much time on the game is you.

Never said I took half a day, it took me 5 days since Scania is garbage.
    I have free time now. Looks who's jealous, still wasting time on this game.
    Man, what a bunch of jokers.

So whered you come up with half a day, if it didnt take you half a day?
    MoeruHoheibootlickerLilyflower
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited December 2017
    My troll senses are tingling.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    I'm honestly confused about this thread. Why are you complaining about event rewards? Yeah I'll agree that there's usually too many events this time of year, and it's hard to keep up, but no one's forcing you to do them. Even if you don't get to 200, you'll still be able to get some nice rewards.
    ninestrokes
  • LaliDragonLaliDragon
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2017
    I am really upset, since trying to get to the 200 breakthrough event, I bought the quest and exp coupons so I could make it for this event I really wanted to do. But the constant lag and disconnections getting in the way, taking my other buffs away etc dragged me out... I finally hit 193, great I am almost there I was finishing up and THEN they decide to do maintenance on the LAST day LAST FEW HOURS you have ?!??!??! NEXON YOU PREVENTED ME, yourself not me, from making the 200 achievement... WHY would you decide to do that on the last day to players!??!? You made me waste time and money and took away my hours!.....You jipt the hours given for this event..

...Seriously....it's not right or fair after putting so much time/effort/money/sanity into it. Especially when you have a severe medical condition (head injury) that you basically have to fight through (aka screw yourself over even more) just to be able to participate in normal maple play.... my tears and pain all for not.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Lmao why do we have to get them to 200, 180 would be fine for me but 200 geez.
    Considering that the 190-200 fields lag like hell.
    DarkPassenger
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited December 2017
    LaliDragon wrote: »
    ... and THEN they decide to do maintenance on the LAST day LAST FEW HOURS you have ?!??!??! NEXON YOU PREVENTED ME, yourself not me, from making the 200 achievement... WHY would you decide to do that on the last day to players!??!? You made me waste time and money and took away my hours!.....You jipt the hours given for this event..

This right here is what irks me - and the reasoning - because the events are on UTC [UK] time - so the new day started at 4 pm PST [NX's time zone] - here's a question why didn't they wait until the new day when their EU players are likely to be sleeping? So that all would have had a chance to finish the event.

I'm agitated that they had it longer than expected only to turn around and have another down time the next morning - why didn't they just put the two together and get it all done in one go?

I'm beginning to wonder how much time I really should bother with maple again.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    DSpellGuy wrote: »
    LaliDragon wrote: »
    ... and THEN they decide to do maintenance on the LAST day LAST FEW HOURS you have ?!??!??! NEXON YOU PREVENTED ME, yourself not me, from making the 200 achievement... WHY would you decide to do that on the last day to players!??!? You made me waste time and money and took away my hours!.....You jipt the hours given for this event..

This right here is what irks me - and the reasoning - because the events are on UTC [UK] time - so the new day started at 4 pm PST [NX's time zone] - here's a question why didn't they wait until the new day when their EU players are likely to be sleeping? So that all would have had a chance to finish the event.

I'm agitated that they had it longer than expected only to turn around and have another down time the next morning - why didn't they just put the two together and get it all done in one go?

I'm beginning to wonder how much time I really should bother with maple again.

Well, the unscheduled maint was because a lot of players couldn't get into the game, and the other was because players couldn't get into the game because of a stupid windows update. So it's not all Nexon's fault.
  • polerpoler
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2017
    still I find it pretty annoying that they didn't extend the event with all these maintenance. I mean that would cost more work and might be very hard but still the maintenance are just favoring the other regions EXCEPT the EUROPE server. in all other regions it is during the night/morning/noon but in Europe it is during the afternoon/evening when most people have TIME.