[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

afterlands: joel gold pieces quest not appearing

crawford1138crawford1138
Reactions: 315
edited April 2018 in Bug Reporting
after waiting for a day the quest (i found out it was a daily) for getting the gold pieces from joel it is not appearing

Comments

• RengovRengov
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    I've been doing the afterlands questchain and then I came across this, joel stopped giving me the quest for golden nuggets and now I can't break down the castle wall.

Character name: Lefteris50

Level: 194

Character job: Zero

World name: Scania

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/hkvcf4
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Joel's daily quests ought to reset at the daily server reset (12:00 AM UTC). He should also become healthy again if you go around the Afterland worlds once.

If they don't reset by the reset, then there's a bug.
  • RengovRengov
    edited December 2017
    Even after the reset he seems the same. :(
  • xLawLietxxLawLietx
    edited December 2017
    good question is the following was with my regular store selling in the market and the maintenance came and I got dc but now I enter and are not my items that I had in the regular store to someone else has passed and how do I solve it?
  • xLawLietxxLawLietx
    edited December 2017
    I have the following problem they disappeared my items that I had in store gave me dc for maintenance and now my items do not appear
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Rengov wrote: »
    Even after the reset he seems the same. :(

That's odd. I have heard of one other person experiencing an issue like this, but I was unable to reproduce myself.
    Does traveling around the Afterlands change Joel's appearance from sickly to healthy, by any chance?
    xLawLietx wrote: »
    good question is the following was with my regular store selling in the market and the maintenance came and I got dc but now I enter and are not my items that I had in the regular store to someone else has passed and how do I solve it?

This is not the thread to post your issue, however this is usually caused by the server going down before the state is fully saved. There's not really a clean way around this, since it's caused by the actual data being dropped. Nexon has recently taken to explicitly warning users in-game to log off up to 30-minutes (for safety reasons) prior to the maintenance to ensure this doesn't happen.
    You can try contacting support however there's no guarantee you can get your items back.
  • RengovRengov
    edited December 2017
    Joels appearance stays the same after traveling the Afterlands.
  • RengovRengov
    edited December 2017
    So.. When is this going to be resolved? I'm still unable to finish the quest.
  • iMemoryeiMemorye
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited February 2018
    I must have destroyed the wall before starting the cast iron quest.

I already tried the work around from reddit( daytime/completing Joel's quest but not turning it in) but that still does not work. Any ideas???
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2018
    Moving this up, work in progress.

Update: Merged to threads with the same issue. Rest seems to be separate issues.
  • ThonySadManThonySadMan
    Reactions: 200
    Hello everyone. I have the same problem with joel and I do not get the gold stones anymore and I need to finish the quest. Some help?
  • phanotomionphanotomion
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2018
    Have the same problem, but he is healthy...
  • crawford1138crawford1138
    edited April 2018
    it's midnight right now and the daily timer still hasn't reset very frustrating (funny that the zakum daily timer is working wtf).
    edited May 2018
    tried to do it after the maintenance and still doesnt work can i get a debug please? my character is in the reboot server.
    edited May 2018
    i got a similar problem in the reboot server only that the daily timer does not reset now i can't break the wall and i am stuck. i heard that devs can help you if you request for a debug
  • jazzieeejazzieee
    Reactions: 100
    I am also running into the same issue and I don't play on the Reboot server. I waited a couple days after the server reset on the 3rd but am still unable to complete the mission
    edited May 2018
    lol i hope they fix this soon (something tells they won't unless you yell loud enough)
    edited May 2018
    even after the maintenance it still doesn't work oh btw i still kept the keys after all that still hoping they will still fix it(11 out of 12 of them)
    edited May 2018
    even after new maintenance it is still not working. wizet plz!
    edited May 2018
    still doesn't work