[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Winter Event Frustration

LolimeLolime
Reactions: 200
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Rants and Raves
I'm not enjoying this event in the slightest.
1. Dragon Pops
2. Nova Login Boxes
3. Bingo.

Dragon Pops:
The dragon pops should not have been a thing, much less be attainable via going afk in town. There's no point to having monsters drop "points" if the points just become 1/10th or 1/2 of a nova box (plus some added exp, but it's not very evident). Why not just increase box drop rate and increase the daily cap to 100 or 150? In my entire time training my Cadena I never capped at 60 boxes, and I felt very frustrated because I needed to somehow get 1200 coins, when I was clocking in about 50 a day (Pre bingo).

Nova Login Boxes:
Oh man where do I begin with this one: the first 30 minute box is completely fine, two runes is completely reasonable and attainable. My main issues comes with the next three: Pollo & Frito, E-Boss, and Inferno Wolf. Before I get into these, I must say that I find the three hour login requirement completely pointless, and time consuming; I'm literally writing this in the time that I'm waiting for my next box. Now then: let me be clear, having no influence on completing these requirements is the most frustrating thing about these events: the reason that no one has issues with doing daily boss runs is because they can control it: they can control when they go in, they can control if they want to bring people with them, they can control if they even want to go in at all. You can't have a requirement for an event that spawns at complete random, much less do that every single day. (excluding e-boss, but I'll get to that). The first time this event came up a few years back, I gave up a few days in because it felt like too much work to finish all 96 points; if you want to have a day to day event great, but you have to make it easy to finish: 300 monsters near your level? no problem. Clear a boss or two? no problem. Just make it simple enough that I can complete it within an hour, because we all have lives outside of this game. Now, the E-Boss requirement is special, because thankfully, you gave out super megaphones for the three hour box, and there are a few angels who mega when a map is dark, or an e-boss has spawned, making this a little less frustrating, however that doesn't mean it gets a pass: 40 elite monsters just to spawn a single e-boss, that you need on a daily basis. It's nothing short of annoying.

Bingo:
Let me be clear: RnG is not fun. I am not a fan of being teased of 5-6 potential bingos only to get nothing. Typically I would avoid events like these because it makes me livid whenever I play, however it is the only thing that (potentially) gives a lot of coins. The first time this minigame was introduced, I only played 5 rounds before I gave up on it entirely, knowing that I was just playing to lose. Adding a second bingo board doesn't do much: yes, it makes games go by a bit quicker, and there are a few lucky ones who have gotten double bingos, but that doesn't make it fun. Having no influence on a game isn't fun! Bingo is meant as a blow off steam, relaxing game, that gives you a small high when you are close to a bingo, but when everyone is there to win, and you are only trying to get coins like everyone else, it's simply just not fun to lose round after round. Yes it feels great if you're lucky enough to be in the top 5, and 30 coins is a good reward for being lucky: but that's all it comes down to; luck. You're rewarding players who have done literally nothing different from every other one of the 99 players around them, and for what? "they got lucky". Lottos are gratifying because you chose your numbers, and should you be lucky enough to win, then you feel amazing because YOU picked those numbers, it's not given to you, numbers are drawn, and boom! Jackpot because you sat there.

This entire event is just time consuming for the sake of being time consuming, RnG heavy, and simply put: unfun.

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    I personally just don't do the Nova boxes, I just don't want to put in the time. I actually don't mind the nova coin boxes or dragon pops. 160 coins per day is really nice. Especially because you can get most of them by afk-ing, but you can speed up the process by grinding, which you'll be doing to get the nova boxes, so I thought it worked well together. It's also a good excuse to get me to train for a little bit per day. But I was able to cap boxes while I trained my Cadena just fine.

What I don't understand is why bingo is suddenly frustrating and worth complaining about when it's in Maplestory. It's literally a game dependent on chance, or luck. There's no downside to playing, seeing as you get participation coins. Having a second bingo board is also pretty nice to have.

There is no difference between Bingo in Maple, and bingo in real life. We've had the bingo event several times now, I don't understand why it's suddenly an issue now. With the 160 coins you get per day, anything else is just a nice boost, you should be able to get everything you want from the event shop otherwise.
    ninestrokes
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2017
    I wish the Nova Coin Boxes went into our inventory, honestly. I would gladly prefer being able to stack them.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    I wish the Nova Coin Boxes went into our inventory, honestly. I would gladly prefer being able to stack them.

ikr its so pain to not be able prep for days when you cant be activ as much ;(
    also drop rate of them f4