[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cadena and Illium Level 200 Rewards Event question

AlukashAlukash
Reactions: 200
edited December 2017 in General Chat
it says that the illium that you need to get to 200 needs to be created after 12:00 AM on December 20, 2017 (UTC) does that mean if i get the illium i make on the pre creation event on the 14th it wont count?

Comments

• KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited December 2017
    No it will the pre created one wont actually exist it will just be a place holder kind of like saving a name.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Another event where we have barely any time to do it... only the people who go hardcore can finish nice..
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited December 2017
    Let's just hope for a whole lot of 2x's. 2x lag that is.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2017
    Oh geez.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27225/updated-cadena-and-illium-level-200-rewards-event
    "Tier 1 - Create an Illium character after 12:00 AM on December 14, 2017 (UTC) and reach Lv. 200 before 12:00 AM on January 10, 2018 (UTC). "
    "Tier 2 – Reach Lv. 200 with both a Cadena and an Illium character before 12:00 AM on January 10, 2018 (UTC). "

Where did you get this (needs to be created after 12:00 AM on December 20, 2017 (UTC) info?
    What I have ^^^ way up there is from legit homepage. Pretty sure everyone can just create it on 14th.
    (maybe they pulled a ninja-edit?)

I already got my Cadena to 200, but since permament pet is in question (not to forget 3x UPOT scrolls), I guess I'm going to do this... again. -sigh- (lvl 200 illium grind that is)
    I dunno... is it hardcore? Use gold pots, good training spots, 2x cards and you will be fine.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Jacaru wrote: »
    Oh geez.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27225/updated-cadena-and-illium-level-200-rewards-event
    "Tier 1 - Create an Illium character after 12:00 AM on December 14, 2017 (UTC) and reach Lv. 200 before 12:00 AM on January 10, 2018 (UTC). "
    "Tier 2 – Reach Lv. 200 with both a Cadena and an Illium character before 12:00 AM on January 10, 2018 (UTC). "

Where did you get this (needs to be created after 12:00 AM on December 20, 2017 (UTC) info?
    What I have ^^^ way up there is from legit homepage. Pretty sure everyone can just create it on 14th.

I already got my Cadena to 200, but since permament pet is in question (not to forget 3x UPOT scrolls), I guess I'm going to do this... again. -sigh- (lvl 200 illium grind that is)
    I dunno... is it hardcore? Use gold pots, good training spots, 2x cards and you will be fine.

Not a ninja-edit at all. A documented edit. First line in that page you linked:
    [Updated December 12] Corrected the creation date for Illium character.

Also, you don't have to make another Cadena. The one you have already made, counts.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Also, you don't have to make another Cadena. The one you have already made, counts.

Yea, I meant Illium... :*
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2017
    Think of the pre creation event as a way of reserving your Illium's name without needing to create then delete a dummy character.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    So to clarify, illium will not be playable until the 20th?
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    edited December 2017
    If it won't be playable, how the fek does this make sense?
    "Tier 1 - Create an Illium character after 12:00 AM on December 14, 2017 (UTC) and reach Lv. 200 before 12:00 AM on January 10, 2018 (UTC). If you make it, you’ll be rewarded with:"
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    If it won't be playable, how the fek does this make sense?
    "Tier 1 - Create an Illium character after 12:00 AM on December 14, 2017 (UTC) and reach Lv. 200 before 12:00 AM on January 10, 2018 (UTC). If you make it, you’ll be rewarded with:"

Illium pre-creation event is Dec. 14, you can start playing the Illium class on Dec. 20. Seems pretty start forward.
    Another event where we have barely any time to do it... only the people who go hardcore can finish nice..

With a perm pet and 3 100% upot scolls, don't think this is suppose to be "oh, everyone deserves free valuable stuff" event. Even though I don't plan on participating, since I had a hard enough time getting one character up to 200, personally don't see anything wrong with the requirements for the rewards given.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    You all do realize you're only getting 1 unique scroll, right?

" You may only receive one set of rewards from this event, depending on which tier you complete (rewards will be based on the highest tier completed)."
    YinYangX
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Oh geez.

Doesn't that all cost NX or something?
    I'm probably wrong since I haven't been up to date on all that happened recently in Maple.
    Still figuring out the Legion. xD
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Oh geez.

I'm probably wrong since I haven't been up to date on all that happened recently in Maple.

Gold Mpe pots are bought with monster park coins, you can get a 2x's card from the rp shop, or if you did breakthrough you have some maple points to use on 2 x's coupons.
  • thekenturahthekenturah
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited December 2017
    Regarding that perm pet. I'm wondering if that includes Reboot since we don't usually get perm pets? And can we claim that pet on any character on t hat account? If so this event would be worth it just for that :p
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Oh geez.

I wonder how people don't know how legion works o.o although I can agree it's pretty vague in some ways (mostly how the damage = coin works) but as for setting up the legion it works about the same as the character card system though without the set bonuses. Rather the synergy board is like you making your own set and how you want it to be (and the characters have their own class bonuses like xenon at 140 gives 20 str/dex/luk when placed on the board and if placed on attack adds 3 attack to your character). Also if you make multiple characters (aka 2 xenons) their class bonus doesn't stack but you can still place the blocks on the legion (so basically you can't have 40 str/dex/luk but you can have 6 attack if you place both on attack) (also they can't be touching each other so since max blocks for attack is 15 you only get 15 attack no matter how many blocks you place on top of one another so i suggest you don't overlap blocks)

Other than that, all you need to worry about is getting your character levels up because in order to level up your legion (talk to dame appropriation to level up with correct coins) you need to meet certain criteria to get to (heroic 3 _29 characters on the board_ i think you need like 6500 levels total and like 960 coins o.o thats about 42 level 154 characters )
    P.S. Getting legendary 5 (all 40 characters on the board) is probably gonna make you go insane (probably just about the same as collecting enough AF for lvl 20 and hunting for peridots without any drop gear or coupons >.<) because it requires you to have 40 lvl 250 characters and 2400 coins...
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2017
    how in the heckin heck do people even level so fast. I havent even started my cadena yet but i already know i cant reach 200 in like 2 weeks. I dont have the attention span to grind for longer than 8 minutes
    thekenturah
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    In reboot have friends&guild or two pc setup with kenshin or bishop grind like no tomorrow with legion exp buffs and current event buffs.
    Arlong wrote: »
    how in the heckin heck do people even level so fast. I havent even started my cadena yet but i already know i cant reach 200 in like 2 weeks. I dont have the attention span to grind for longer than 8 minutes

In Regular servers well...cash shop/auction house
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    edited December 2017
    Cadena has some solid aoe mobbing abilities. + some decent movement set with said abilities. With no kish/bish and only 1.5x winter exp + burning fields, i got her to 200 in 4 days or so. Ofc you do have to put some time into it. You ain't gonna do shait with less than 3-4 hours/day of grinding.
  • darkangel01darkangel01
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    it not fair should give people more time to complete to level 200 Cadena because her defense is miss up I used to kill level 10 monster and take less damage then she did it require so much potion I use so much potion that my money almost run out I am at level 168 now no one do party quest with me it so slow for me now since I can't kill monster that is the same level as me or higher to much damage I went to omega sector it take 3000 damage if it attack and touch how I am going to level up wtf even if it 2x couple it still the same the equipment that I equip is like level 150 not the weapon it 140. I am not in reboot.
    edited December 2017
    it not fair should give people more time to complete to level 200 Cadena because her defense is miss up I used to kill level 10 monster and take less damage then she did it require so much potion I use so much potion that my money almost run out I am at level 168 now no one do party quest with me it so slow for me now since I can't kill monster that is the same level as me or higher to much damage I went to omega sector it take 3000 damage if it attack and touch how I am going to level up wtf even if it 2x couple it still the same the equipment that I equip is like level 150 not the weapon it 140. I am not in reboot.

Your first mistake was trying to party quest. Cadena is squishy, but it's manageable. Yeah you probably shouldn't train in some star force maps (Although that's what I did 145~160). But I can only say so much because I don't know what your gear situation is.