[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guilds

SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
Reactions: 985
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Howdy.

I know Nexon NEVER really listen to us but I'm still gonna try and say it anyway, I got nothing to lose anyway (I hope so).

Changes for guilds.

1. Guild messages
Hncs0dt.png

2. Let the leader/jr masters the ability to Mute people who are not jr masters, (this one is very important).

3. Let the leader the ability to prevent Jr Masters from expelling people so that they'd stay as Jr Masters but won't be able to expell people at all, 1 of my Jr Masters in my new guild has expelled everyone (107 people), I made him a Jr Master because he's an old friend of mine who I know for years and I trusted him, (this one is very important as well).
Gomenasaicheezburger85
  1. Should Nexon make these changes right away?10 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (5 votes)
    2. No
       50% (5 votes)

Comments

• GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2017
    Not bad at all, I like your ideas!
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Ok I agree with guild messages, but I don't think the other suggestions are really necessary. First Jr masters can just pm you if its important enough to need the chat clear, and second just don't make people jr.s without knowing what they'll do. There's no reason to make them Jr. if you don't want them to have the permissions of a Jr.
    MageOfBattles
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited December 2017
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Ok I agree with guild messages, but I don't think the other suggestions are really necessary. First Jr masters can just pm you if its important enough to need the chat clear, and second just don't make people jr.s without knowing what they'll do. There's no reason to make them Jr. if you don't want them to have the permissions of a Jr.

Nah, he has a point, people can change their mind anytime, we're all human beings, we get mad, and some people even like to revenge, we have our own pride, so I definitely agree with him.

It's funny that the only person who agreed with you is the one who hate Gomenasai, so he just Liked what you said not because it makes sense but because he's always trying to piss off Gomenasai, lmao.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017

Nah, he has a point, people can change their mind anytime, we're all human beings, we get mad, and some people even like to revenge, we have our own pride, so I definitely agree with him.

It's funny that the only person who agreed with you is the one who hate Gomenasai, so he just Liked what you said not because it makes sense but because he's always trying to piss off Gomenasai, lmao.

I am tired of you basing my actions off of hate. I'm entitled to my opinion. I respect Gomenasai, and even you, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with either your ideas or suggestions. If you still have an issue with me, PM me, but leave it out of the threads.

I like the idea of returning the guild message/notice, but the other two changes already have easy solutions that take care of the issues the OP mentioned. If you have to mute someone in your guild, you may as well just kick them, or whisper them a warning. Muting would take more work to implement than it's worth, especially with as many alternatives as there are to the issue muting would "fix".

As for the Jr's, we already have a clear option for that: don't make them a junior. If you can't trust them, then you shouldn't have made them a Jr in the first place. Even if said person is vengeful, simply because people have faults, doesn't make the system itself faulty. If you make it clear that Jr's have to ask you to kick someone, then you should be fine, and if they break that rule, kick them.

Overall, these issues happen so rarely that it's not worth even "fixing" if you can even say it's something that needs to be fixed. Even disregarding that, these issues are so easily preventable in the first place that changes aren't necessary.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    May i suggest posting in this thread instead. it has more information in it,a video showing the guild messages and the kms guild board.
    KMS Guild Board and messages
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    edited December 2017

I am tired of you basing my actions off of hate. I'm entitled to my opinion. I respect Gomenasai, and even you, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with either your ideas or suggestions. If you still have an issue with me, PM me, but leave it out of the threads.

I like the idea of returning the guild message/notice, but the other two changes already have easy solutions that take care of the issues the OP mentioned. If you have to mute someone in your guild, you may as well just kick them, or whisper them a warning. Muting would take more work to implement than it's worth, especially with as many alternatives as there are to the issue muting would "fix".

As for the Jr's, we already have a clear option for that: don't make them a junior. If you can't trust them, then you shouldn't have made them a Jr in the first place. Even if said person is vengeful, simply because people have faults, doesn't make the system itself faulty. If you make it clear that Jr's have to ask you to kick someone, then you should be fine, and if they break that rule, kick them.

Overall, these issues happen so rarely that it's not worth even "fixing" if you can even say it's something that needs to be fixed. Even disregarding that, these issues are so easily preventable in the first place that changes aren't necessary.

Cheez is totally right, people can always change their mind, even friends, lovers, might become your new haters and enemies.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017

Cheez is totally right, people can always change their mind, even friends, lovers, might become your new haters and enemies.

But why does that qualify as a reason for these changes? Mean people aren't new, people have dealt with it in the past, I don't see why you're incapable of dealing with it now. It's as I said, these issues are easily preventable, nor are they a large enough of an issue to implement a mute feature, and a new type of Jr. rank, which essentially exists within the ranks prior to the Jr. rank.
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    edited December 2017

But why does that qualify as a reason for these changes? Mean people aren't new, people have dealt with it in the past, I don't see why you're incapable of dealing with it now. It's as I said, these issues are easily preventable, nor are they a large enough of an issue to implement a mute feature, and a new type of Jr. rank, which essentially exists within the ranks prior to the Jr. rank.

Wrong, even your best friend can betray you, definitely disagree with you.
    Have you ever heard about "drama"? I guess you didn't.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

Yes, but if you make a friend into a "jr who can't kick" they will moan and **** and raise all sorts of drama because "don't you trust me?"
    Same reasons that made you make them a jr in the first place.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited December 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Yes, but if you make a friend into a "jr who can't kick" they will moan and **** and raise all sorts of drama because "don't you trust me?"
    Same reasons that made you make them a jr in the first place.

I actually like the idea of being able to mute people.