[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please Implement XignCode3 Anti Hack

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I heard that it's an amazingly robust Anti Hack software for games, and KMS Uses it!
*KMS Dosn't have any Hackers/Botters/Meso Sellers Issues.
  1. Should GMS get XignCode3?7 votes
    1. Yes
       57% (4 votes)
    2. no
       43% (3 votes)

Comments

• SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2017
    I recall it being implemented on EMS, and I heard rumors about potential code injection issues with the software. However, I don't remember seeing too many hackers after its implementation.

Edit: After some Googling, it looks like there are various methods to evade or circumvent XignCode3. It also seems to be overly strict with what processes you are running, as well as snoop around some data that it probably shouldn't be snooping around, both of which will mostly affect legit players.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    SlicedTime wrote: »
    I recall it being implemented on EMS, and I heard rumors about potential code injection issues with the software. However, I don't remember seeing too many hackers after its implementation.

Edit: After some Googling, it looks like there are various methods to evade or circumvent XignCode3. It also seems to be overly strict with what processes you are running, as well as snoop around some data that it probably shouldn't be snooping around, both of which will mostly affect legit players.

According to some players in the forums, the system they have now “ an upgraded version” of before, is now strict with what processes you’re running (which got them falsely banned). And according to the memo, they have tweaked their anti hack a bit, they just didn’t say what or how
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    the thing is, if KMS detects anything on start up it will just close the game and give you a messege that it detected suspect software running, it wont cause you to get banned.
  • KweoKweo
    Reactions: 1,035
    edited December 2017
    I think you are incorrectly correlating that XignCode3 reduces/prevents hackers, spammers, and bots because they're rarer/nonexistant in KMS.

Some of the biggest reasons I think this is incorrect is because this kind of antihack has been broken before, and KMS has more limited account creation unlike GMS. KMS requires a state ID and or a phone number to register which greatly limits botting, whereas GMS only real security measure is a captcha and a generous limitation on the number of accounts you can make.

Basically in GMS if you're up to no good and get banned, you don't have to worry because you can just make a new account later. The same can't be said about KMS.

SlicedTimeCatooolooo
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Kweo wrote: »
    I think you are incorrectly correlating that XignCode3 reduces/prevents hackers, spammers, and bots because they're rarer/nonexistant in KMS.

Some of the biggest reasons I think this is incorrect is because this kind of antihack has been broken before, and KMS has more limited account creation unlike GMS. KMS requires a state ID and or a phone number to register which greatly limits botting, whereas GMS only real security measure is a captcha and a generous limitation on the number of accounts you can make.

Basically in GMS if you're up to no good and get banned, you don't have to worry because you can just make a new account later. The same can't be said about KMS.

this is rather interesting because should any kms player get banned, they will know the ssn of the person being banned, meaning that individual can no longer create another account with the ssn.

although, it depends if kms even verifies the validity of the ssn because illegal immigrants use fake ssn to get jobs in the united states, which employers dont check out.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2017
    Let us also remind ourselves that if the solution isn't perfect, we shouldn't simply abandon it. If this anti-hack system limits botting capabilities more than now or at least causes more nuisance to them then we should consider it.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017
    Kweo wrote: »

this is rather interesting because should any kms player get banned, they will know the ssn of the person being banned, meaning that individual can no longer create another account with the ssn.

although, it depends if kms even verifies the validity of the ssn because illegal immigrants use fake ssn to get jobs in the united states, which employers dont check out.
    they have a whole verification process, you couldnt log in to any nexon game before you got verified.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    they have a whole verification process, you couldnt log in to any nexon game before you got verified.

It's not as complicated as you make it out to be, they get a text messsage sent to their phone, enter the code, and done.
    almost the same for us. we just need to veify our email adresses after registering.

but, also don't think that KMS doesn't have any hackers/botters/etc, just because of korean laws. they actually maintain their anti hacking/botting software, and have monthly hackers/botters list on their website, that get banned, a Shame List if you will. so i'm not saying that if we would get this anti bot software, all the hackers/botters/etc, would magically dissappear, but it sure would make their lives a lot harder, and some would probably quit.

Nexon America, should try harder to eliminate the "Hackers Pest" that is still pluguing GMS, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get any software to help that along the way.

if we get this anti hackers software, or if we don't i hope nexon would still figure out a way to get rid of all the: Hackers,Botters,Meso Sellers,Account Sellers,And the rest of them.
    Here's to a Hackerless/Botless GMS!
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

It's not as complicated as you make it out to be, they get a text messsage sent to their phone, enter the code, and done.
    almost the same for us. we just need to veify our email adresses after registering.

but, also don't think that KMS doesn't have any hackers/botters/etc, just because of korean laws. they actually maintain their anti hacking/botting software, and have monthly hackers/botters list on their website, that get banned, a Shame List if you will. so i'm not saying that if we would get this anti bot software, all the hackers/botters/etc, would magically dissappear, but it sure would make their lives a lot harder, and some would probably quit.

Nexon America, should try harder to eliminate the "Hackers Pest" that is still pluguing GMS, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get any software to help that along the way.

if we get this anti hackers software, or if we don't i hope nexon would still figure out a way to get rid of all the: Hackers,Botters,Meso Sellers,Account Sellers,And the rest of them.
    Here's to a Hackerless/Botless GMS!

I know KMS has hackers and botters but they do have way less of them, their ban lists are a fraction of what GMS has.

also it is or at least was as complicated as i am making out to be because before you had to give a valid KSSN, submit recods or a KSSN through mail or phone verification. they removed KSSN cause of new laws but Ipin is a form of verification that requires a KSSN and korean phone to get, and verification by phone requires you to be using a korean phone service, which requires you have a KSSN.

some players have actually been upset by the removal of the KSSN option as, since it's removal there have been slightly more meso farmers (in both KMS and MS2) than before.

I'm all for removing botters and stuff, as long as they dont ban innocent players.
  • KweoKweo
    Reactions: 1,035
    edited December 2017

Nexon America does maintain their anti-hack. The last ban wave was evidence that they are doing new things and changing things (for better or worse). However hackers have already got around this within days, as usual. I have no reason to believe that this other antihack would be any different.

A Shame List may discourage some players from cheating ,but not bot operators who run bot operations. The names they use for bots are often gibberish anyways and they don't really care about bans. GMS did have these lists that shame people in the past but they chose not to do it anymore (partly because of the above, most of the names were just gibberish and meaningless).