[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

hp recovery and skill potential for da needs boost

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
plz change how +HP recovery and skill potential lines interact with demon avenger's demonic frenzy. demonic frenzy is still a 5th job skill that is too dangerous to use in end game bossing content since it caps your healing at 1% per attack. I would like to suggest that +HP recovery and skill potential can increase the end healing result of the resricted healed amount.

I have always been a bit sour as a demon avenger that rolling our main potential lines, we only have hp% to go after. but if +HP recovery and skill potential lines increased the amount we heal under demonic frenzy, it would give us a proper secondary stat to aim for.

I mean all other classes get their %main stat and then get a 2nd chance of getting more of their main stat through all stat%, this change would bring us demon avengers back in line to be fair with the other classes potential roll chance.
CapacchiSelvNNA

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    plz change how +HP recovery and skill potential lines interact with demon avenger's demonic frenzy. demonic frenzy is still a 5th job skill that is too dangerous to use in end game bossing content since it caps your healing at 1% per attack. I would like to suggest that +HP recovery and skill potential can increase the end healing result of the resricted healed amount.

I have always been a bit sour as a demon avenger that rolling our main potential lines, we only have hp% to go after. but if +HP recovery and skill potential lines increased the amount we heal under demonic frenzy, it would give us a proper secondary stat to aim for.

I mean all other classes get their %main stat and then get a 2nd chance of getting more of their main stat through all stat%, this change would bring us demon avengers back in line to be fair with the other classes potential roll chance.

I believe they might be changing how the skill uses hp, at cast it'll be % but then itll be a fixed amount per second. (unless that's xenon with mana overload) nevertheless, it's similar. and there should be something that makes it more useful at tougher bosses
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017
    Demon Avengers have gotten the short end of the straw for a while (not that other classes don't get it as well). Sometimes i suspect it is because of those KMS DPM charts that place DAs at the top. Yeah, at 5000 hp max with 5 instances of nether shield and all our buffs we might somehow reach the top, but realistically 5th job is a joke to me. Maybe if the anti afk mobs were gone it'd be okay for training but otherwise I'll pass.

Not seen anything about DAs on orangemushroom in a while.
  • CapacchiCapacchi
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    You cannot believe the many All Stat blocks I rolled during that last DMT, so I feel your pain regarding what else to aim for when we re-roll our potential lines. What would have been 27% or 30% for other classes ended up being 21% or 24%HP because of that 9% or 6% All Stat block, haha. We also don't have the LVL 151+ potentials on our legendary gear (can't get 13/10/7 on HP% at legendary for 160 equips), so when rolling for lines we're not the luckiest (has to be straight HP, can't rely on All Stat and we don't have the correct tiers on high level items).

Even with that innate 200% potion mastery, I still take 3-4 power elixirs to fully heal which isn't very beneficial in boss fights with potion lock cool downs, so I mostly have to rely on Overload Exceed for healing, but all of that is nothing compared to the strain of Frenzy and the dangers of end-game bossing with it. So, I have to rely on rng and that 20% bypass triggers so that I can spam those shields or use our hyper skill, Forbidden Contract, off cd. Living life on the edge. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2017
    Demonic frenzy isnt to bad to maintain. I only have 1.6m range though so i cant talk for harder bosses like magnus and stuff though. If i just spam sheilds a bit if i dip to low after forbidden contract runs out ill heal back up to a pretty safe amount. What i really want is the range on the skill to be increased. For how risky it is to use at times the range on the skill is pathetic. You cant hit gollux with it. When mobbing it only covers a tiny chunk of a platform. You cant hit very much of horntail with it. I did a suicide run on lotus just cause i wanted to see the fight and you cant hit him either with it. This is supposed to be our strongest skill that you need to carefully watch out for or it will end up killing you, yet you can barley hit most mobs with it!
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited December 2017
    i would rather they lower the damage % demonic frenzy gives and make it a skill that is a must use always up skill instead of a situational skill that seems its most use is with old boss content that u can crush anyways. summon mastema although cute is a joke the damage added while she is summoned is negligible and the damage reduction shield is only cast up to 2 times per summon. making her fairly mediocre next to useless, it would of been sooooooooooo much better if mastema was a toggle and u can keep her out permanent. and demonic blast just doesn;t even fit the equation of how a da is suppose to be played, and warrior's 2nd 5th job the shield is meh. so leaves our 5th job experience kinda crippled.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited December 2017
    There are some bosses that DAs can't fully function Demonic Frenzy and I definitely agree with that. When I usually do Hard Magnus, what I would do is Nether Shield my way to victory after each cooldown. Note that Life Sap heals your HP back with about each attack, when your using Nether Shield. I would say Demonic Frenzy is much useful in Dream Breaker, and bosses only, based on my experience. As for Hell Gollux, I would only use Demonic Frenzy on the last stage, while using Bat Swarms and Nether Shield to occupy other mobs below. As for the Impenetrable Skin, for Hard Magnus, I would use it when the boss is like about 25% HP left and then I activate it. I sometimes use it for Normal Lotus (i still couldn't beat it cuz apparently I need more damage.). I'm holding 3mil range clean, 250% boss and 88% pdr. Of course, it takes practice. However, I somewhat have no objections.
  • CapacchiCapacchi
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Demonic frenzy isnt to bad to maintain. I only have 1.6m range though so i cant talk for harder bosses like magnus and stuff though. If i just spam sheilds a bit if i dip to low after forbidden contract runs out ill heal back up to a pretty safe amount. What i really want is the range on the skill to be increased. For how risky it is to use at times the range on the skill is pathetic. You cant hit gollux with it. When mobbing it only covers a tiny chunk of a platform. You cant hit very much of horntail with it. I did a suicide run on lotus just cause i wanted to see the fight and you cant hit him either with it. This is supposed to be our strongest skill that you need to carefully watch out for or it will end up killing you, yet you can barley hit most mobs with it!

OP and I were talking about its usage on end-game bossing for the first part. We do have to spam shields to keep it up, but on bosses who zip out of existance like CVell or Damien, your shields could disappear. Then on bosses like Lotus and Magnus where there's debris (Magnus also has the draining HP outside of the blue barrier), the challenge there is mostly not getting killed by falling debris or attacks (where usually you just worry about 1HKOs now it's everything). For Lotus, I just use it on entry because the laser may be at a 90-angle upon entry sometimes, so like to have to have it up as an extra pre-caution since on Frenzy you can take -30% dmg but your HP should be full to tank the 1HKOs. So, use FC then turn on frenzy and enter so the laser doesn't kill you upon entry.

Also, yes Frenzy works on Gollux. It doesn't work on first phase (jaw), on second phase (eyes) you can be far enough to the side to spam Execution and use Nether Shields to keep the mobs at the bottom in check and DPS the eyes as well, but on the last phase (gem) it works up there.

So, far Frenzy has been helpful on most DR bosses. When you get strong enough you could basically sit on Chaos Crimson Queen with it, and it makes Chaos Pink Bean (which can be cancer to some folks because of the multiple bodies and two types of DR) a breeze because it hits through that too and Ark's magical snakes that cucks weapon classes? Laughable because Frenzy kills those snakes too.
  • uzumakialiuzumakiali
    Reactions: 640
    edited February 2018
    after playing Demon Avenger as my main for almost 5 years all i can say about these new 5th job skill is that 2 out of 3 are just jokes the only good skill is demon frenzy which is really hard to use i mean it doesnt even reahc to about 70% of bosses so that makes it almost useless too for low range and poor players like me 5th job skills could be really a savior but with this kind of updates its just really hard they even made the hp reduction from 4k to 6k lol pls change the range so it can hit a little more bosses