[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Illium disconnects randomly upon flight

ninestrokesninestrokes
Reactions: 565
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
Brief bug summary: Maplestory occasionally disconnects to server selection page when Illium takes flight. This happens more frequently when flight is activated in quick succession.

More details: During my gameplay of Illium, I got at least 15 disconnects until I decided to test out the cause of these disconnects. The game disconnects a second or two right after activating the flight skill and it happens even more frequently right after activating the flight skill in connection to the end of one.

During the time I decided to stop using flight and just use Illium's teleport (skill without jump and movement directions) I got 0 disconnects.

Steps to reproduce: Play Illium for a short period of time while using his flight skill (forgot the name). Activate it in quick succession of another. It might not happen the first time, but play through Illium for 10 minutes and you'll notice it.

Character name: AltairPylon

Character level: 76

Character job: Illium

World name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: December 20, 2017

Comments

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2017
    This same exact problem is happening on my illium, and many I'm associated with in games with dozens of complaints on my chat channels.
  • xWhiteNLxxWhiteNLx
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    Same here, its sad that the main mobility skill disconnect you from the game.

Character name: xWhiteIllium

Character level: 120

Character job: Illium

World name: Bellocan

Date and time of the incident: December 20, 2017
  • YusunohaYusunoha
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    I've a feeling the DC's might really be related to Illium's flight ability. I think the server might see the skill as a hack when you try to fly around. Atleast it's only happening to me when I fly around.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2017
    Are you able to recall if you were using any other skills or had anything active while flying when the crashed occurred?
  • YusunohaYusunoha
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    I think it may be the combination of gaining experience and flying that may cause the disconnect. The game may see you're gaining experience (when one of the mechs is killing a monster) while you're flying (using the crystalline wings skill) and thinks you may be hacking, and DC's you.

If I use crystalline wings by itself, nothing happens. I tried both in a city, and in a mobmap, and just flying around doesn't DC me. But if I summon the mechs in a mobmap, and I fly around, soon after I'll start DC'ing. It doesn't happen immediatly, and there isn't a set amount of time after I get DC, but it happens, just randomly.

If I just normally teleport in a mobmap with the mechs, I don't get DC'ed, it's purely the combination of mechs+flying that DC's me.
  • xWhiteNLxxWhiteNLx
    edited December 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Are you able to recall if you were using any other skills or had anything active while flying when the crashed occurred?

Its really sad that your users are your QA... (and we all know this case isn't the first time)
    Sometimes I wonder whats worse: your developers or the fact that you don't have QA.

Please, stop asking from users to check your bugs.
  • ninestrokesninestrokes
    Reactions: 565
    edited December 2017
    It happens randomly with or without skills in tandem. The most DCs I had was when I was training at Gold Beach - I was using battle skills along with flight to get from platform to platform. That said, I have also DCd while I was at the Crystal Academy trying to fly from classroom to classroom without any skills activated (other than Ex). The common theme is definitely flight because right before I get disconnected, that last second is always of my flying.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited December 2017
    I'm having these issues as well. One thing I noted is this only happens to me when I fly upwards not when flying left or right.
    Invulgo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »

It happened to me twice during the tutorial (so, no skills available beyond 1st job). I didn't even have Ex summoned.
    People on the Discord are saying this is an issue in KMS as well. And if they haven't figured it out after six months...
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    SAD!
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    I'm having these issues as well. One thing I noted is this only happens to me when I fly upwards not when flying left or right.

Yes that happens to me also. I got disconnected to World Selection 10 times yesterday when flying fast around, and when flying upwards sometimes I get instant DC. I will try to record it later and upload it.

Update

In this video I am trying to trigger it.

Link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=HlRirn1z2t0&feature=youtu.be

[video]

Then I get a random DC when flying

I wan't able to trigger it when flying upwards

Update 2

Second video:

I am just flying around BAM dc

Bug type: Class and skill related

Brief bug summary: When flying around fast on Illum I get disconnected from the server.

More details:

I ran a speedtest on my connection

fDOraTZ.png

Steps to reproduce: Fly around on Illum really fast in a large map.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Illuica

Character level: 171

Character job: Illum

World name: Mardia

Date and time of the incident: 15:30 GTM + 1

ninestrokes
  • RedNorkRedNork
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2018
    I thought it might be that Illium could have too many things going on at once, and that my computer just couldn't handle it for some reason and disconnected me :P. But it's definitely the flight. I go without for a few minutes with no connection issues, then the moment I used it on accident as I fell, the mobs start running in place (like it always does when connection becomes spotty. My sister and I have named this mob lag :P). But seriously, this is making it quite difficult to play and getting my Illium to 200 is looking more and more impossible as it continues...
  • HakaishinHakaishin
    edited January 2018
    So, I'm playing my Illium for some days now. Checked on Reddit if other people experience the same issue, they do. That's why I decided to post it here, so a mod might see it and gets this to the right people so they can fix it.

Using Crystalline Wings as Illium makes you dc sometimes. It happens to me when I have Ex or Machina out and fly around. Sometimes it doesn't, but the more I use it, the more it happens. It kicks me out of the server completly (back the server select).

Same problems with Wings of Glory. I sometimes randomly DC upon activating it or just flying around too fast.

Is it some kind of problem with the anti-cheat system? That's what I think at least. I can't tell how many rune buffs I lost because of this. Activated a 2x exp coupon earlier, flew around, dc'ed... and gave up logging back in, because it frustrated me.

Hope you guys read and fix this really bad bug!
  • HakaishinHakaishin
    edited January 2018
    Push

We need a fix for this.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    This has been a bug that has yet to be fixed in Kms. It’s such a shame that a class’s potential gets ruined by how clunky and buggy it is.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    It seems like just using it constantly can disconnect you. This hasn’t been fixed in Kms, so that is a problem.
  • HakaishinHakaishin
    edited January 2018
    I can't tell how many times I dced used Wings of Glory today. I stopped counting, got mad, and thought about abandoning the class. -sigh-