[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to use Illium's flight ability?

BifflinBifflin
Reactions: 600
edited December 2017 in General Chat
I'm using the Crystalline Wings skill while in air, but it only seems to work 1/4 the time. It will usually just immediately cancel out and I will briefly hover in the air before falling back down. When it does work, it's super cool! But I just wish it worked all the time. Any suggestions that might make it more reliable or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• CeominCeomin
    Reactions: 735
    edited December 2017
    From how i've been using it, holding the skill down seems to do the trick.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    WARNING: Maple's hack detection and Illium's Glory since as soon you activate Glory Wing mode upon finishing 3rd job, you crash. It is like Maple crashes you everytime your Kaiser transforms or your Luminous enter Equilibrium state.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2017
    July wrote: »
    i don't get why at level 165 i try to train at tot star force map (have way more star force than i need) and mobs there killing me easily.. like i have 20k hp and each mob hit do 5-6k damage to my hp bar... this class doesn't have any type of magic guard? seriously wtf its obvious that mages have low def.. but he must have some kind of magic guard like other classes.. literally unplayable.

Sounds like me playing Cadena without hyperbody or legion HP.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    July wrote: »
    i don't get why at level 165 i try to train at tot star force map (have way more star force than i need) and mobs there killing me easily.. like i have 20k hp and each mob hit do 5-6k damage to my hp bar... this class doesn't have any type of magic guard? seriously wtf its obvious that mages have low def.. but he must have some kind of magic guard like other classes.. literally unplayable.

It has a massive magic guard called marks 85% dmg reduction!!! the core mechanic to this class is spamming 2 skills constantly and both can be activated at the same time, javelin& radiant orb(radiant orb gives 1 mark per cast you can have 9 marks at a time and you loose 1 mark per dmg you take) so spam radiant orb to live think of it like playing a mage in WoW A.B.C. always be casting!
  • Godofall75Godofall75
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2017
    Speaking of illium is there another way to get the starting primary weapons. I accidentally transferred my current wep on my illium
  • NeonTwilightNeonTwilight
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2017
    Ladysio wrote: »
    It has a massive magic guard called marks 85% dmg reduction!!! the core mechanic to this class is spamming 2 skills constantly and both can be activated at the same time, javelin& radiant orb(radiant orb gives 1 mark per cast you can have 9 marks at a time and you loose 1 mark per dmg you take) so spam radiant orb to live think of it like playing a mage in WoW A.B.C. always be casting!

Is it one javelin to one orb or press javelin once then spam orb?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Orb first then javelin as javelin links to orb, but orb doesn’t link (fluidity) to javelin

As for the flying skill, you jump and press the skill and hold it. If you press it on the ground, you’ll just teleport