[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna's Ether Pulse in Spirit Savior Bug Fix

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited December 2017 in Announcements
Hi Maplers,

As those of you who play Kanna may know, the class is able to teleport towards the direction that is pressed using the arrow keys, or to a random location by simply using Ether Pulse. Currently, both variations of Ether Pulse can be used on maps that disable certain mobility skills. After this week's maintenance, the ability to teleport to a random location using Ether Pulse will be disabled on these maps. Please note that Kannas will still be able to use their Ether Pulse using their directional keys.

Using Ether Pulse to teleport to a random location was most notably used in the Spirit Savior map, but this change will also be applied to other maps that disable certain mobility skills. The fix being applied in the upcoming 12/21 maintenance will be addressing the overall consistency of disabling intended mobility skills across various maps.

Thank you,

MapleStory Team

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Will Kanna finally be able to teleport on Commerci solo voyages?
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/3291/kanna-cant-teleport-on-commerci-solo-voyage
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Can you increase Kanna's teleport speed, they have a very hard time to do Spirit Saviour otherwise.

Other option is making it possible to use flash jump in Spiirit Saviour on mages.
  • VenrousVenrous
    Reactions: 605
    edited December 2017
    Could you stop nerfing the kannas? Ether Pulse is at least twice times slower than other teleports mages and this change will make it even harder.
    I can also notice that you are very quick with implementing bad changes while we are still waiting for Haku Buff revamp since october.
    LoveforlifeSlayerJMageOfBattlesGarrotSherri
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited December 2017
    Yonax wrote: »
    Can you increase Kanna's teleport speed, they have a very hard time to do Spirit Saviour otherwise.

Other option is making it possible to use flash jump in Spiirit Saviour on mages.

I hoped that they let Kanna's use ether pulse in mid-air as well.

The slow teleport mechanics of Ether pulse, Kanna's uncompensated Haku nerf, and GMS's naturally slower internet speeds make that content worse for Kannas.
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2017
    Ether pulse doesn't even work in Spirit saviors, also why do you insist on continuing to nerfing my class? Do you want us kanna mains to quit altogether? We have been waiting for a haku buff balance since you nerfed it to hell... you guys still haven't done anything about it. Btw kanna is ranked 2nd last in terms of class with highest dps, even JETTS ARE BETTER THAN US
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017
    Wait? Ether pulse actually worked in spirit savior? Last time I tried it was almost unusable and I got wrecked because I couldn't teleport around to actually evade the corrupted spirit. Now it sounds like the skill will be even worse?

Here I was hoping this announcement was that I could properly use the skill.
    Guess we're only supposed to be spawn rate mules now...
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    rip kanna
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Just delete Kanna already and give a coupon for current Kannas to become another mage LuL
    VenrousPirateIzzyLoveforlifeMageOfBattles
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited December 2017
    Ether Pulse is already incredibly slow, and afaik I thought the random teleport was already disabled in Spirit Savior? It seems rather unfair since the other regions allow the random teleporting function.
    Sherri
  • RoflMayoRoflMayo
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2017
    Though many people are complaining, Ether Pulse's random teleport use in Spirit Savior from my experience was 30/70. At times it would save me, and at times it would doom me by putting me right into the toxic spirit's path. For all of you Kannas who are complaining about Spirit Savior, I've been able to consistently get +10k without the random teleport as of recent. Yes Ether Pulse is a very poor skill in Spirit Savior compared to other classes, however Arwoo is commenting that he's changing the maps to what they should be, don't be babies like the recent Reboot meso thing.
  • LoveforlifeLoveforlife
    Reactions: 350
    edited December 2017
    Can you do something nice for kanas like decease the dam cool downs 325 seconds into something reasonable. That be great even the Bishop doesn't even have that long of a cool down.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    Jeez! the amount of hate the guy gets for fixing a legit bug is nut's, kanna has had that crappy slow teleport sense the day she was released i find it a nice balance being she has the largest freaking teleport range in the entire game to date hell pre nerf lumi teleport had nothing on her vert range able to go from top to bottom of MP3 map with no hassle.

And its only going to take away the random teleport from maps where you are NOT supposed to be able to use anything like that come on people stop being this way this is not even a nerf! its a fix.
  • Holas2Holas2
    Reactions: 860
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Relax guys, this is just an excuse for them to hiding their evil purposes, cuz we all know random teleport DOES NOT work in Spirit Savior map.
    Tell the truth, plz don't lie
  • AngelicaxoxoAngelicaxoxo
    Reactions: 560
    edited December 2017
    No, this is a good nerf. To be honest, as a Kanna main, I can understand why Nexon did it. Not bad. Keep it up because it is very fair.
  • NoWayWeiNoWayWei
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Tell me more about kana's ether pulse after they do something about luminous teleport skill please, thank you.
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    What's being nerfed here? I thought random teleport has always been banned on Spirit Savior.

NoWayWei wrote: »
    Tell me more about kana's ether pulse after they do something about luminous teleport skill please, thank you.

Get into equilibrium mode and that's a problem partially solved.
  • GarrotGarrot
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2017
    hate you. another nerf on kanna.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Rennn wrote: »
    What's being nerfed here? I thought random teleport has always been banned on Spirit Savior.

Certain maps restrict mobility skills, and the random function of Ether Pulse was not affected by these restrictions on those maps. Now, it is. Ether Pulse still works exactly the same as it did on normal maps, and no change has been made to the directional teleport of Ether Pulse. The only difference is on those maps with restricted mobility.

Since I neither main a Kanna nor have one at a level capable of doing Spirit Savior, I can't tell you how reproducible this bug was personally, though I do understand what the fix entails.
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2017
    Why can't they just remove the delay on ether pulse we legit have been asking this for ages, the delay is causing problems in ss
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Ether Pulse is already incredibly slow, and afaik I thought the random teleport was already disabled in Spirit Savior? It seems rather unfair since the other regions allow the random teleporting function.

This is why I find it unfair.
    Only our region of MapleStory has the nerve to do this!
    Yet they 'fix' this issue but pay no attention to fixing Haku's Blessing?!