[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Not possible to purchase NX

EXdestEXdest
Reactions: 1,375
edited December 2017 in Account Billing Support
CHARGE LIMIT EXCEEDED
You have reached the NX Credit purchase limit for your account. Your limit will reset on 12/21/2017.
NX Prepaid is unlimited and can still be added to your account. (Code:50422)

Any reason for that I cannot purchase NX through credit paypal? Intended to buy 100k + 35K option, but I guess it ain't gonna happen. It says I reached my limit but did I ever purchase NX during the event? Nah.

Comments

• ToymakerToymaker
    Reactions: 1,530
    edited December 2017
    You can buy karma koin $100 from paypal gift cards if you look it up. Paypal (actually paypal-gifts) is a reseller of gift cards and karma koin is on their list too.
    After your payment is cleared, they will send a code to your paypal e-mail within 24-48 hours. Just google "karma koin paypal".
    That's how I was able to get around that weird Charge Limit Exceeded a while back.

Just make sure the SSL certificate is from paypal inc themselves.
  • kthxkthx
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2017
    Why would buy NX credit man limited stuff you can buy with NX credit, their are websites like pcgamesupply and offgamers that you can buy Karma Koin cards. They're not scam sites, Fact I'm pretty sure they're not a violation of the ToS for MapleStory.

However them sites might take a bit to send you your codes that's due to being a new customer so to prevent fraud they normally have to make sure the information on the PayPal or on the credit card matches... Also I think you can pay without a PayPal account however you will just provide PayPal your credit card information.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    Some people live in remote rural areas where the nearest stores are 30mins to Hours away. So Karma Coin Cards are not feasible and if you do find a retailer that suppose to sell Karma Coin Cards, chances are they don't because not enough people will buy them. So this message is locking out people who have no other choice, but to use credit.

There are websites selling gaming gift cards illegally, Karma Coin Cards being one of them. Nexon should on their main website make electronic Karma Cards available. Once purchased, you can enter the code sent via email on the claim card screen, just like a physical card.

Nexon should update into having E-Karma Cards purchasable, as e-cards are the future. They would maximize convenience and ease of life for all their customers.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2018
    RyoMan wrote: »
    There are websites selling gaming gift cards illegally, Karma Coin Cards being one of them. Nexon should on their main website make electronic Karma Cards available. Once purchased, you can enter the code sent via email on the claim card screen, just like a physical card.

PCGameSupply is not an illegal website. It is a third-party website, but not an unofficial one. Essentially, they're an online store that specializes in gift cards and game cards, not entirely different from driving down to a nearby CVS and purchasing a physical card.
    If it were illegal, thousands of people across multiple game networks would be thrown for a loop, myself included considering I recently spoiled myself with some NX for the Eva boxes. Nexon has not made any official statement on the subject (that I know of), however the site itself is fairly reliable and there is no indication of sketchy behavior.

The same applies to Offgamers, as far as I can tell, however I have no personal experience with that particular site.

As for why Nexon limits the amount of NX you can charge via credit, there has been no official explanation. One viable reason mentioned in the past on both Maplestory and Riders of Icarus forums is fraud prevention (stopping people from charging exorbitant amounts of money, then falsely claiming to their bank that the card was stolen), and by the same token, identity theft protection (stopping someone who has actually stolen the card from charging an exorbitant amount in one go).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    There actually has been official endorsement of both PCGameSupply and Offgamers: https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/210902286-NX-Purchasing-Error-Communication-Error
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2018
    That is Huge News, cause I was a little worried lol

Now I can purchase NX worry free!
  • VinblanceVinblance
    Reactions: 100
    "This payment method is currently not available. You will be able to charge again on 09/19/2019.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. (Code:50422)"

I bought red cube the day before yesterday.
    Also, I used to purchase NX credits before I bought those, and all of sudden they banned me from purchasing NX credit for a month.
    I really don't get what is going on, please unban this