[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Boss Matchmaking

AlphandaAlphanda
Reactions: 200
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I honestly don't know why we need another person to queue up for bosses to go do them. I don't have a permanent hyper teleport rock, I don't have friends who are on 24/7 to just party with me to get there, I'm just a casual player trying to do daily's. It's 2x event I pop all my buffs to do my bosses, and yet I can't get a match for Horntail for 20 minutes+. Literally no one even uses parties for about 90% of the bosses anyways and if there's no one else in queue you just spend a ridiculous amount of time waiting to do the next thing. Maybe it was practical to have parties back when it took a whole year just to get second job, but people are one shotting chaos bosses these days it's irrelevant. With all these maintenances and down times plus my own schedule, I can't even do bosses anymore because I have to wait for someone else. It's irrelevant and just annoying to use. Nexon please get rid of it I still can't figure out why we even have it.

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    I want boss queuing to be changed so that a random cannot hijack the leader of an already assembled party. Assembled parties should enter the boss as is while partyless players would be mixed in with other partyless players.
  • PepiPepi
    Reactions: 600
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    In Reboot, as the player population is higher, those queue times are very short, almost instantly. Especially for Zakum, Horntail and HIlla.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

I think the idea behind this is to encourage party play.

Reboot players: Does the boss matching system effect you guys differently?

The problem in my experience is that the queue system doesn't actually encourage party play since with many bosses soloing is preferable. I'd say there are two main reasons for that, both of which have to do with party play itself.
    1. Party play has an EXP penalty, thus making bossing in a party less suitable for leveling.
    2. Loot is not properly instanced, thus making bossing with randoms risky if you are looking for loot. As far as I know, only tokens (such as coins and equipment shards) and maybe soul shards are properly instanced.