[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Illium's Gameplay

GM_HartesiaGM_Hartesia
Reactions: 300
Member, Moderator
edited December 2017 in General Chat
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to use Illium's flight ability?.

Comments

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2017
    i don't get why at level 165 i try to train at tot star force map (have way more star force than i need) and mobs there killing me easily.. like i have 20k hp and each mob hit do 5-6k damage to my hp bar... this class doesn't have any type of magic guard? seriously wtf its obvious that mages have low def.. but he must have some kind of magic guard like other classes.. literally unplayable.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    July wrote: »
    i don't get why at level 165 i try to train at tot star force map (have way more star force than i need) and mobs there killing me easily.. like i have 20k hp and each mob hit do 5-6k damage to my hp bar... this class doesn't have any type of magic guard? seriously wtf its obvious that mages have low def.. but he must have some kind of magic guard like other classes.. literally unplayable.

illium has the passive stacks that block 85% damage but you have to keep attacking to always have the stacks up, otherwise youll take the full damage
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2017
    July wrote: »

illium has the passive stacks that block 85% damage but you have to keep attacking to always have the stacks up, otherwise youll take the full damage

with kishing in map, and taking me 2-3 hits to kill mobs, i couldn't really stack the lucent.. making this "magic guard" useless.

i just moved 3k power elixir, spent 1k maple points on pet auto hp skill and got it to 200.. but illium magic guard is really awful.
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited December 2017
    Unless you use the "Sticky keys" method or button mash your way to victory or use other methods it's pretty garbage. Doesn't help that if you can't do such things it's recommended just SP resetting and never putting points into "Aegis of Light" so you can at least keep max Lucent Brand stacks.

I've personally reached the point where I'm considering doing that when the NX transfer event begins just so I can face tank the world with pet auto HP. It's become tiresome trying to keep up Lucent stacks while potting every few hits at 170+, especially with there being "dead zone frames" where you can't use a potion so it just makes it worse.
    DarkPassengerNeonTwilightLadysioIvangold
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    DarkZetta wrote: »
    Unless you use the "Sticky keys" method or button mash your way to victory or use other methods it's pretty garbage. Doesn't help that if you can't do such things it's recommended just SP resetting and never putting points into "Aegis of Light" so you can at least keep max Lucent Brand stacks.

I've personally reached the point where I'm considering doing that when the NX transfer event begins just so I can face tank the world with pet auto HP. It's become tiresome trying to keep up Lucent stacks while potting every few hits at 170+, especially with there being "dead zone frames" where you can't use a potion so it just makes it worse.

Face tanking is the best tanking XD seriously thanks to these maple points and the free pet i bought a 1k mp auto skill and hp (but do to illiums stacks and 15 tick heal i managed to tough it out till i broke and bought the hp skill) and gota say the class feels much MUCH better also rip fingers class is way to spammy on the button mashing...still fun thow!
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    as much as i would like to comment, illiums flight ability crashes me when i try to use javelin while flying. i normally move the crystal around while i fly so that way i can adjust it where it can hit multiple platforms or can chain javelin into bosses (mostly elite bosses) who are on a higher platform. i also have tried putting the crystal in a middle platform and use javelin why flying to hit mobs on the top platform so it chains downwards towards the crystal. when i do that though it crashes me ;-; so i just stick with my first two methods. (though what would probably make illium more interesting is if he could use longinus during his flight o.o)
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2017
    Better solution: Mule this garbage pile of a class and/or play something else.
    Traveler5577
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Too many flaws. For one, their teleport is super clunky and there is a chance that you may actually disconnect upon flying and landing on a platform too quickly. Second, the fact that when you use skills, you pretty much can't even use potions, resulting in many deaths cause of that. Speaking of deaths, Illium has got to be one of the most squishiest classes I played. The gimmick behind the stack to gain magic guard just sucks.
    July
  • HardMagnusHardMagnus
    Reactions: 410
    edited January 2018
    I've not had that much of an issue keeping at least 1 stack on to reduce damage. My luminous pots more than my illium. Just ensuring that you're always using the sphere attack and positioning yourself correctly you can reduce damage hits. Also ensure both your bots are up since the one on the crystals has a pull effect on it. My only big complaint is I still get dc'd when using my flight ability.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited January 2018
    interesting to hear he has some tanking stacking skills. so 85% is protection against hits, thats not bad for a mage like him. my probelm is how the heck do u hit harder after lvl 60? mine is at thrid job.. sighs.... i kinda just gave up on mine and want to rework on the other new nova class. her chain attacks looks fun for awhile.
    Lilyflower