[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sharing a Little Memory

CaoMeiPeiCaoMeiPei
Reactions: 310
edited December 2017 in Rants and Raves
Instead of writing another sob story to add to the statistic, I've decided to use my time to share a memory of each of my friends who I've met upon coming back to MS. Before I begin, I wanted to say that I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you guys personally. A fateful event occurred to me on Christmas and I struggled hard to fight for my account. In the end, I couldn't get it back. Anyways! If you know who's writing this, I hope you don't die of embarrassment!

Thank you Hannah for noticing me. I met you that day in Henesys. It was the first time that I've come back to MS after taking a long hiatus. You were the weird one who gave my character a random smile while wearing your derp Pink Bean outfit. I was surprised to find out that you were a Beast Tamer too! We're too rare out there haha! Although we've only known each other for a couple weeks, you were very kind to me. You even gave me a chair to sit on in which I called pudding! I'm sad that the last thing we ever go to do together was to work on my Pink Bean prequests, but I'm glad you gave up your time to help me. You better have had good kBBQ that day!

I also owe my thanks to Close Combat bird who is a Normal and Flying type. You were nice enough to explain to me the boss mechanics behind PB. I hope you had a nice dinner that day. Nah! You definitely did. I'm positive that she kicked your butt out of the kitchen to make something special. Treat your fiance well. (:

As for Ayy Ayy Ron, you're a really cool guy. I'll definitely visit Thailand one day like you suggested! I'm sad that we won't be sharing more laughs bagging on our friends who die in-game to the most random things. And yes, definitely get that HB neb for your friend.

And of course, how could I forget about Icy who spelled "Paladin" wrong in his name and cursed his life because a name change costed 15 dollars. Sorry bro, you is a paladain.

I didn't forget about you Banana Boat Rider Jayrim. You get too much air time on that thing. You know what it is. (;

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    what happened to your account? did nexon ban you or were you hacked?
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited December 2017
    You could always make a new account just to let them know what happened, chances are that they won't see this. (That is if you want to even do that)
    CaoMeiPei
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    did you also get banned?
    CaoMeiPei
  • CaoMeiPeiCaoMeiPei
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2017
    what happened to your account? did nexon ban you or were you hacked?

I was banned because their system detected that I used "Terminal". I didn't even know what Terminal was until I Google'd it. Long story short, I told them that I didn't use any third-party software and their response was that they had overwhelming evidence that I did. To be honest, I don't care anymore. All my conversation with the help desk was equivalent to talking to a FAQ copy and paste bot. I've already accepted the fact that Nexon doesn't want to listen to what I have to say. I take great offense that they've tried to throw onto me their fake sympathies, but any blind person can see that there's no sincerity in their voice.

You could always make a new account just to let them know what happened, chances are that they won't see this. (That is if you want to even do that)

I'll probably make a new account to contact them. I think I'll find my peace by doing that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Catooolooo wrote: »
    did you also get banned?

Yeah, I got banned. Posted reason above to DarkPassenger's question.
    DarkonslayerXD
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017
    sorry to see this is happening to another person.

at this point I just assume the auto ban bot just makes up a reason for banning.
    CaoMeiPeiDarkonslayerXD
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Can't say much details but in the Q n A, it showed who we're dealing with. You can grasp an idea of their character by watching the Q n A. Arwoo seems to be the one that's most interested in helping the community, from what I saw in the youtube video.

Can't say if they talked about the bans, I'd have to rewatch it.
    CaoMeiPei
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Can't say much details but in the Q n A, it showed who we're dealing with. You can grasp an idea of their character by watching the Q n A. Arwoo seems to be the one that's most interested in helping the community, from what I saw in the youtube video.

They didn't.
    They did bring a member of the Investigation Team to the panel, but if anyone asked him anything, it got cut in the editing.
    CaoMeiPei
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited December 2017

The whole Q and A video was "Yeah we've heard this and we're totally working on it :'))))" Which is basically never.

But it seriously sucks knowing that the nexon ban bot is going crazy again. But nexon doesn't listen to it's legitimate players. They've already unbanned a few hackers already so I don't suspect them to do anything for non hackers :')). I've been banned for a month plus. And we've only gotten the half baked answer from the December memo. Here's hoping everyone that got banned by their ban bot are released because since the Nova update many people have gotten banned.
    CaoMeiPei
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017

the thing is, it wouldnt get mentioned, the QnA was done on the 17th of november or something, before the new ban issues started but a little after the kanna bans were sorted.

it was the QnA ZeroByDivide was invited to.

The "Customer Service" (more like Customer Disservice) has pretty much threatened me to stop sending tickets about the issue or they will ban me from the ticket system, which shows just how much they care.
    CaoMeiPei
  • DarkonslayerXDDarkonslayerXD
    Reactions: 620
    edited January 2018
    I feel the same way.. I don't remember all my old guildies names and the system detected me. I can't even..