[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Festival Nova Box Drop rate?

PigabaPigaba
Reactions: 1,105
edited January 2018 in General Chat
Is it just me or is the drop rate for festival nova box even worse than regular nova box?
I used to be able to get all 60 boxes in 40-50 min grinding.
Now I grind for over 1hr with 2x drop coupon, and only get 72 festival box.
Wish they bring back coin box drop rate from override T_T

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2018
    It's not just you; the drop rates for festival nova boxes are just plain atrocious. Worse still, the boxes are the only way of earning Nova coins right now.
    Everyone's feedback and observations are being forwarded onward suggesting a slight bump in the drop rate.
    PigabaYinYangX
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited January 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    It's not just you; the drop rates for festival nova boxes are just plain atrocious. Worse still, the boxes are the only way of earning Nova coins right now.
    Everyone's feedback and observations are being forwarded onward suggesting a slight bump in the drop rate.

Thank u
  • ninestrokesninestrokes
    Reactions: 565
    edited January 2018
    If it would help by adding my feedback, I did the entire Kritias prequests + a Kritias invasion + commerci PQ + solo commerci runs and I got less than 80 boxes. Kritias is known for being a very tedious bring me FedEx/kill x number of mobs too so this should put it into perspective as to how bad the drop rates are.
    scholar624
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

I sincerely hope it's more than a "slight" bump.
    Adding 15%, like they did for Reboot meso, is nowhere near enough.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I levelled my Illium from 175-187 and got ~150 boxes. Yeah...
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2018
    Based on today's maintenance notes, you should now see a noticeable increase in festival box drops.
    YinYangX
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited January 2018
    Sounds good, though I did think the Nova box drop rate was a tad low when leveling my other characters and now we need 4x more boxes. :|
    Might have helped if there was no cap on boxes collected, only used.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Never forget
    dropnerf.png
    DarkPassengerPeep
  • ArgentArgent
    edited January 2018
    Still took 90+ minutes for my Kanna to get 250 boxes with 98% drop + DHS + Big Spider.

That's a fair bit longer than I want to spend, especially for a character with some drop gear. 250 boxes is going to be quite hard on players without it.
    DarkPassenger
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited January 2018
    yea I did notice a better drop rate today
    Invulgo
  • DesolantsDesolants
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2018
    But I feel like it's still pretty hard to get the coins. Especially with my characters that don't have the range for their levels; I get around 20 coins from doing Commerci and don't have range to kill other mobs around my level.
  • ArgentArgent
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, it's still too low. Replaced my spider with a 1 hour 2x drop coupon and still didn't get all the boxes in an hour, only 195. Only got 11 nodes out of the session too. That speaks more of the awful base drop rate though.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Based on today's maintenance notes, you should now see a noticeable increase in festival box drops.

"Should" is nice, but the power of suggestion is not enough.
    It took me 12k kills to get 250 coins today, as opposed to 16k yesterday (before the maintenance).
    But I also had HS on today, while yesterday I only used it part of the time.
    So, I can't really feel much of an improvement. Not even sure there was any.

I'll take their word that the drop rate is now the same as the previous boxes'. However, as Argent said, that one was low as well, and only tolerable because we needed just 60 boxes. Now that we need four times as many, this rate is too harsh.

Please buff it significantly more.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2018
    I've passed on that the current rate is still too low :)
    InvulgoArgentKingofrunesLolaBunnyYinYangXPeepscholar624
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Desolants wrote: »
    But I feel like it's still pretty hard to get the coins. Especially with my characters that don't have the range for their levels; I get around 20 coins from doing Commerci and don't have range to kill other mobs around my level.

Maybe I'm just really ignorant/spent too much time on the game, but I'm f2p and I find it hard believe that you can't kill mobs -20 your lvl. o.o
    If you don't mind, what's your lvl, range, and mob you're trying to kill?
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2018
    I don't see why they can't bring the event item drop rates up to what they used to be before the silly drop rate changes. It's an event for crying out loud. It's temporary and people shouldn't have to spend hours farming boxes...
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited January 2018
    I didn't even know the festival boxes were a thing. I haven't gotten a single nova coin in a week now. Nothing.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited January 2018
    I agree that the Festival Nova Box drop rate is still much too low. Even if the drop rate is now on par with the regular Nova Boxes, it still takes one and a half to two hours to get 60 with a Mutant Pig familiar and Holy Symbol (I'm a Bishop so the 30% drop rate increase applies to me). Now I have to get at least 175 of these if I want to make enough coins to match my previous haul when I feel too lazy to get all 250 Winter Photo Cards in addition to the Dragon Pops and boxes. I feel the Festival Nova Box drop rate should be about equal to the Winter Photo Cards.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    is additional drop rate even being applied? It's an event item afterall.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I can say that the change isn't very noticeable, it always take me 1h~1h30 to get my 250 boxes.