[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hack detected

MrwulfeMrwulfe
Reactions: 200
edited December 2017 in Tech Support
Hello, I was playing Maplestory and was doing Monster Park when I got blocked saying hack detected. Considering I dont even know where to get maplestory hacks or my history can show I don't use it and its brand new for me I am wondering why this came about. I had steam they are billions and origins open at the time. I did have Diablo 2 with a character item creatorr for screwing around and maybe that got caught up for maplestory?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Was it the GMPolice dialog, the "cannot access the game" dialog, or a ban message?

The GMPolice dialog appears in-game while you're playing and is basic flying detection; it will kick you if your client and the server aren't synced (I.E. you're lagging significantly and the server can't keep up). This message might suggest that you should slow down with your attacking, maybe reset your internet or free up some bandwidth.
    "Cannot access the game" dialog boxes appear after the game crashes (I.E. when you're booted back to your desktop). These are mostly error reports which can indicate issues (excessive lag, maybe a program not working well with the game) if you get them repeatedly. One of your programs maybe be conflicting with the game if you get this message, but this doesn't typically result in a ban.
    A ban message is a blue dialog box that appears at the world selection screen and will state the general reason for your ban. This will appear if you have been actually banned and this is the one you should pay attention too.

If I'm guessing correctly, you experienced the second issue. You might want to close out of unnecessary programs to be sure.
  • MrwulfeMrwulfe
    edited December 2017
    I did do that and it says account is blocked when I went to relog. My friend got the message you are talking about.
  • Shad0wstarShad0wstar
    edited January 2018
    Same for me. I played when I was young, and hardly went on (only sparsely) there was a time when I couldn't log in, it was evident it was hacked. They managed to recover it only for me to log in and see my character to be NAKED. Everything gone. So of course I never cared to play again until some years later only to have a notice of it PERMA BANNED for "hacking" when it obviously wasn't me. It pisses me off. It was my first gaming account, and shows that Nexon does not stand with players who get victimized. I give them very thorough explanations and ask questions (that isn't answered).

I don't even know what the hell my character may look like now after the person went full retarded apeshit on it to have them tell me " it was found to be involved in a serious violation of our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct." How **** stupid would it be to hack on your own account and risk it getting banned? Nexon fricken dares to accuse me, what a company. They pay no heed to ip address either as they didn't tell me a single piece of **** that went on with my account . My old email that I stopped using as I started using my college email to find old notices that it is shut down.

I am repeatedly asking, and they don't care at all. Played maple 2007/08, maybe even earlier when we had amethyst eyes, I don't remember, and it was before they had the 2mil player banner. No compensation either. Just when I thought Nexon was getting better, this is disappointing. Good luck getting it back.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited January 2018
    If you were truly banned good luck getting your account back. Ban Appeals start tomorrow on Tuesday and run until Thursday. But you're likely to be talking to a bot that tells you that you were "in serious violation of our ToS/CoC" teeheee xddd. Nexon is a company with terrible customer service and a very poor way at handling player issues. It's good to know that they're autobanning bot is doing it's "job." You would think Nexon would have learned that a bot should NOT be able to permanently ban players from the Kanna fiasco during October-early November. But nah, they didn't. The bot stayed quiet for about a few weeks then before the nova patch and AFTER the Nova patch hit, people were getting banned left and right. But clearly SavageAce/Dennis clearly thought that the bans were the right course of action! But yet their incompetent GMs through livechat unbanned an actual hacker who gave them a fake story!
  • Shad0wstarShad0wstar
    edited January 2018
    At this point they can be accused and sued for slander. And I hope they do.