[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I'd be okay with this!

GhostAinaGhostAina
Reactions: 740
edited January 2018 in General Chat
I wouldn't mind if this happened. ;)
Orange Mushroom has something going on about the removal of the FM, at least in KMS..
But if GMS had this happen...What are your thoughts?

https://orangemushroom.net/2017/11/06/removal-of-the-free-market/#comment-163301

"n November 23, a patch will take place to improve the in-game trading system.

As a result of these improvements, the Free Market will be removed and all Cash items used in the Free Market will stop being sold on November 13.

The details of the trade system improvements for more smooth and convenient trading are as follows.

Trade Activity Improvement Details

1. Transaction Fee Unification

In order to prevent unusual transactions, all trades (regardless of method of trading and amount) will have a unified fee.
2. Centralized Trading Location

To reduce the inconvenience of having 2 trading markets, the Free Market will be removed.
3. Auction House Convenience Improvements

A Market Price feature will be added that allows you to search for recently completed trades in the Auction. house to see item details and prices.
A cart feature will be added that allows you to save desired items from items on sale and items in a Market Price list.
The convenience of searching, selling, and buying items in the Auction House will be improved.
4. Maximum Stored Meso Cap Expansion

To support high value item trading, the maximum amount of mesos you can hold will be expanded.
Free Market Cash Item Sale Notice

Refunds for Free Market Cash items will be detailed in a later notice.
All items that have already been bought can be used until November 23.
End of Sale Time: November 13, after the Cash Shop maintenance

Items Which Will no Longer be Sold:

All Hired Merchants
All Store Permits
Owl of Minerva
Owl of Tott
We hope to provide better game service to all MapleStory players.

Thank you."

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    The FMers that sell stuff for real money are going to take a huge blow. This is one change that Nexon got right.
    GhostAina
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited January 2018
    ^still the issue of botters in auction house but yes it's a good step. Does this mean MUH OLD MAPLE PERION WUZ DE FM again? Noobs will probably use ardent or henesys
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I find it got, alot of things are going to be cheaper.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited January 2018
    FM should have been replaced years ago
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited January 2018
    This sounds like it will be a huge improvement of finding stuff to buy instead of relying on spending real life money to use a simple and basic feature such as searching for a specific item to buy without trying to browse through hundreds of shops. Something that shouldn't have been a pay to use feature from the get go.

Why MMOs today don't just do this right off the bat is beyond me. There's another Nexon game I used to play that I also had issues with their selling system >.> Upside is they at least had a free way to search.

Searching should not be a paid feature. It should be a basic fundamental feature of any market system.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    This sounds like it will be a huge improvement of finding stuff to buy instead of relying on spending real life money to use a simple and basic feature such as searching for a specific item to buy without trying to browse through hundreds of shops. Something that shouldn't have been a pay to use feature from the get go.

Why MMOs today don't just do this right off the bat is beyond me. There's another Nexon game I used to play that I also had issues with their selling system >.> Upside is they at least had a free way to search.

Searching should not be a paid feature. It should be a basic fundamental feature of any market system.

Owl of Minerva hasn't costed NX in years. It costs 10k meso at major potion shops.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited January 2018
    The FMers that sell stuff for real money are going to take a huge blow. This is one change that Nexon got right.

Unless Nexon will surprise us (as they usually do) and decide that we won't have it (or some important stuff that KMS got)
    It's already happened before not once nor twice, that Nexon didn't follow KMS 100%.

Let's just hope that they'll follow them all the way this time.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited January 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Owl of Minerva hasn't costed NX in years. It costs 10k meso at major potion shops.

Oh it hasn't. Still 10k mesos per search isn't optimal either considering most MMOs allow you to search for free. I only play reboot so I wouldn't know. But good to know I guess. How hard is it to get 10k on servers without the reboot meso drop boost and you not spending any nx or selling stuff in the FM anyways if you are say level 200.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited January 2018
    It's 10k mesos...you can get that in seconds.
    I'd be pretty damn ok with this change. Not seeing people selling sht for 100b or a/w sht for 250b and all that crazy numbers pulled out from their a$$es would be nice. I hope they remove it. I know they will still be adv. the gold plated items thru megas and stuff but usually i ignore chat so...yeah. Gonna be gud.
    Let the AH grow a bit. It has so much potential.
    Sometimes i wonder what the economy would be w/o botters. It is true that becose of them the meso has devalued A LOT in time. But in the same time, can you imagine a server w/o bots at all? The innos/css/epots/prots and pretty much every elite boss item would literally sky rocket cuz there would be 100 times less items that they are right now. I'm not saying it's a good thing but it is a little beneficial for f2p players.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited January 2018
    Two way this is going to play out when it comes (there is no if it IS coming) first wave will be everyone running around trying to sell crap with S>(item) @@x23 in chat bubbles and in game rooms for stupid amounts of mesos or rmt and second wave AH is going to blow up with super common items priced at 499mil- 9bil like half the items in there now but with that we will be getting low ballers :D and thats what counts people that will go below standard price to make a sale!

So really look forward to this when it rolls out!
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited January 2018

not really.. this will only increase the amount of players who selling stuff in hackers websites (with maple market) and the amount of item smegas spam in our chat.

this change fit KMS because 30b mesos cap works there, almost no bots so mesos rate to maple points is super good.. In GMS 30b mesos cap way too low..

if all the comments above me thinks they will see end game gear in Auction House... think again.. normal trade is still a thing and AH will be full with 1bil potion each.