[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Suggestion]Clean out Marvel Machine for next time

KinglanceKinglance
Reactions: 555
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As we all know Marvel Machine is a method to get all those amazing items (perm tele rock and frenzy totem) and now with all these new equipment and items that were introduced some of the items in the marvel machine are not as valued as they used to be. This is my suggestion to remove some items but keep the infamous Marvel RNG in place:

Remove the Terminus weapons: No one uses these equips as they do not give out any set bonus with them. The RA set is better together and along with the much more powerful arcana weapons these are not even a stepping stone to end game. As an alternative why not swap them out for the arcana equips (not the weapons) that would encourage more people to wear them if they got them through this.

Remove the VIP Equips: They're not even ascetically appealing, cash shop covers are used.

Add NODESTONES: After the drop rate change nodestone farming has become a more harder to do. Adding a x10 or x50 reward would be nice considering the amount needed to max node stills and boost nodes.

Remove the non battle-roid androids: Yes I know that seems unnecessary however no one ever wants to hover over a non battle-roid coupon in the machine, the other androids fail in comparison to them. You can even drop the chance to get them, at least then a person can be jumping out of their chair when they see a coupon on screen.

DarkPassengerAzureNargascholar624

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    Nice nice
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    Kinglance wrote: »
    As we all know Marvel Machine is a method to get all those amazing items (perm tele rock and frenzy totem) and now with all these new equipment and items that were introduced some of the items in the marvel machine are not as valued as they used to be. This is my suggestion to remove some items but keep the infamous Marvel RNG in place:

Remove the Terminus weapons: No one uses these equips as they do not give out any set bonus with them. The RA set is better together and along with the much more powerful arcana weapons these are not even a stepping stone to end game. As an alternative why not swap them out for the arcana equips (not the weapons) that would encourage more people to wear them if they got them through this.

Remove the VIP Equips: They're not even ascetically appealing, cash shop covers are used.

Add NODESTONES: After the drop rate change nodestone farming has become a more harder to do. Adding a x10 or x50 reward would be nice considering the amount needed to max node stills and boost nodes.

Remove the non battle-roid androids: Yes I know that seems unnecessary however no one ever wants to hover over a non battle-roid coupon in the machine, the other androids fail in comparison to them. You can even drop the chance to get them, at least then a person can be jumping out of their chair when they see a coupon on screen.

I do agree on most things, but the Terminous could stay even though Fafnir clearly beats them. A major item you could they could also consider removing would be the Sengoku Equips. Arcane Umbra in the machine would kind of defeat the purpose of having Lucid.

• KinglanceKinglance
    edited January 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

I do agree on most things, but the Terminous could stay even though Fafnir clearly beats them. A major item you could they could also consider removing would be the Sengoku Equips. Arcane Umbra in the machine would kind of defeat the purpose of having Lucid.

I have no idea why they would keep in terminus weapons. I think they should take them out and put fafnir weapons over there, the middle slot has much more than the other 2
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    The Terminous Defender is the considered the best shield in the game. The other equipment are useless except for anviling since they do have a nice rainbow look.
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

I have no idea why they would keep in terminus weapons. I think they should take them out and put fafnir weapons over there, the middle slot has much more than the other 2

The Terminus Defender is the considered the best shield in the game. They are good for anviling since they do have a nice rainbow look. Terminus weapons also have a better attack speed than Fafnirs which is why some Xenons use it as well as Demon Avengers. If Terminus were removed from Marvel, there will no other way of obtaining them.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2018
    What does everyone think of the other slightly more common items currently in the marvel machine?
    • Exp cards
    • surprise style boxes
    • inventory slot coupons
    • Evolution scrolls
    • Tinker's Black Shoulder
    • Royal Hair Coupons
    • Gachapon Tickets
    edited January 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the other slightly more common items currently in the marvel machine?
      Edited with details - DarkPassenger's
    • Exp cards - Neutral, It's useful for those wanting to race to 250, but for an event like marvel, it wouldnt warrant the 5 dollar spin.
    • surprise style boxes- Depends on the quantity, 1 box wouldnt be enough for the price of a spin comparing to their average price.
    • inventory slot coupons- not needed, Nexon gives these out regularly, a dime a dozen.
    • Evolution scrolls- never used them, so my opinion wouldnt count
    • Tinker's Black Shoulder- I hear good things
    • Royal Hair Coupons - Depends on the rotation during the event
    • Gachapon Tickets - depends on item list and amount given, 1 isnt enough comparing to their average price

My personal opinion.

All in all, the items are outdated or even obsolete in some cases.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    $_$ :) wellcome to gamble in maple :) $_$

either you "win" or "lose"
    thats what keeps marvel alive lots trash and few broken godly exlusive $ items

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    DarkPassenger, you need to remember that items can be claimed from the Marvel Vault up to 2 years (or 3?) from when they were won, and by any character on the account. So things like 2x or Royal Hair coupons will eventually be used.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited January 2018
    stuff they really.. really! have to remove are: Respawn Pass, Safety gem (both can buy from npc with mesos), spell trace, Scissors of Karma.... crystal heart, and maybe reduce the amount of android coupons like "TOP school"
  • KinglanceKinglance
    edited January 2018
    • Exp cards
    • surprise style boxes
    • inventory slot coupons
    • Evolution scrolls
    • Tinker's Black Shoulder
    • Royal Hair Coupons
    • Gachapon Tickets

All of those are honestly fine for me. I would only take out that single gachapon ticket prize, thats like the ultimate slap in the face imo.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2018
    One thing I forgot on the list...nebulites. Right now, only A grade nebulites are offered as prizes in the machine.

Would you like higher grades available or just pull nebulites entirely from the machine?
    What if nebulite fusion tickets were added as potential prizes?
    edited January 2018
    One thing I forgot on the list...nebulites. Right now, only A grade nebulites are offered as prizes in the machine.

Would you like higher grades available or just pull nebulites entirely from the machine?

A nebs are good, higher grade also considering the other legendary tier items in the prize list. if the tickets came in a pack of say 3, also good.
  • KinglanceKinglance
    edited January 2018

A nebs are good, higher grade also considering the other legendary tier items in the prize list. if the tickets came in a pack of say 3, also good.

I agree on the neb fusion tickets being in only winning packs of 3. I would say add those legendary nebs but get rid of the skill nebs. With the addition of crafting skill nodes you can get all those skills from nebs and at a much better level as well. Any person with skill nebs puts them on a different equip rather than their DPS equips so skill nebs aren't really that great now.
    edited January 2018
    you can always fuse or sell the skill nebs, some aren't worth using like DHB but some are used when you don't have the space in node slots.
  • KinglanceKinglance
    edited January 2018
    you can always fuse or sell the skill nebs, some aren't worth using like DHB but some are used when you don't have the space in node slots.

You can fuse/sell the skill ones or just the % ones that go for much higher value. Unlike nebs skill nodes give much higher stat effects when maxed out and unlike nebs you can just switch them off and on when ever you want. When you put on a neb its stuck there or you can remove it and lose it.
    edited January 2018

You can fuse/sell the skill ones or just the % ones that go for much higher value. Unlike nebs skill nodes give much higher stat effects when maxed out and unlike nebs you can just switch them off and on when ever you want. When you put on a neb its stuck there or you can remove it and lose it.

This instance you mentioned getting rid of the skill nebs, so I'll stick to that and not the % ones. Skill nebs aren't that bad to get because fusing them with a ticket, they can become better nebs. Or you can sell them as I said to merchants that fuse nebs themselves, as a middleman. Or you can use them if you dont have the V matrix slots. That's what Im trying to say, Im not getting into specifics of value just what can be done with them, or if theyre good or not.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Terminus equips are still relevant for some classes. I believe that the terminus whip is better than fafnir but worse than arcane umbra. Plus the terminus shield is BiS for one-handed warriors.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

Higher grade than A?

Oh yes, I can see it now. "Due to popular demand, we're releasing (S) nebulites into the game. Exclusively in Marvel!"
    Estimated cost to get a good one: $1000.

Ugh. S in brackets got interpreted as “strikeout” and I can’t edit my post.

• KinglanceKinglance
    edited January 2018
    Oh an idea popped up about those inventory coupons. Instead of having those 4 slot coupons why not have the full slot variants instead. There would be a prize for etc full slot, equip full shot, etc. Any thoughts on that?
    Sïmplÿ