[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Frenzy Totem (Monolith) bug report

Uganda_BlasterUganda_Blaster
Reactions: 210
edited January 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: The skill Monolith from the item Frenzy Totem

Brief bug summary: The effects of Frenzy Totem remain on the map even if the caster were to leave after casting Monolith

More details: The bug is that when the caster leaves the map after casting the Monolith skill, the effects of the Frenzy Totem (Monolith skill) would remain on the map. If you are not familiar with it already, the on screen totem does actually disappear when the caster of the Monolith skill leaves; however, in Global MapleStory, the effects of the totem would remain on the map for the full 10 minute duration.

Judging from how the server that first introduced this item handles it. It appears that it was never an intended feature for the effect to stay when the caster leaves. The effect of the Frenzy Totem will leave with the caster after they depart from the map. I have made a video of usage with the Frenzy Totem (Monolith skill) inside Taiwan MapleStory to show everyone for demonstration.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Cast the Frenzy Totem skill Monolith
  2. Leave the map
  3. Re-enter map and you will see that the Monolith has disappeared but the effects of the skill remain on the map.

Character name: KingCostco

Character level: 103

Character job: Dual Blade

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: January 13th, 2018 9:30 PST

Comments

• EloquenceEloquence
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    While we're at it, I'd like to report a bug that Frenzy Totem is available in Gachapon in TMS, but not in GMS. This means that there are a huge number of Frenzy Totems available in TMS for everyone to get one, while GMS must wait for special events (Marvel and Philosopher Books) that have less than 0.1% chance to give the item. Also, as you can see above, the effects of Frenzy Totem is much stronger in TMS where the spawn density is the full map and respawn rate is less than 1 second.

Therefore, we should also have Frenzy Totem in Gachapon on GMS as well as the improved spawn density and respawn rate, since apparently items are supposed to be exactly the same across different servers as the poster here has indicated.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    Eloquence wrote: »
    While we're at it, I'd like to report a bug that Frenzy Totem is available in Gachapon in TMS, but not in GMS. This means that there are a huge number of Frenzy Totems available in TMS for everyone to get one, while GMS must wait for special events (Marvel and Philosopher Books) that have less than 0.1% chance to give the item. Also, as you can see above, the effects of Frenzy Totem is much stronger in TMS where the spawn density is the full map and respawn rate is less than 1 second.

Therefore, we should also have Frenzy Totem in Gachapon on GMS as well as the improved spawn density and respawn rate, since apparently items are supposed to be exactly the same across different servers as the poster here has indicated.

I would doubt this is a bug.
    Shippou
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited January 2018
    Eloquence wrote: »

I actually looked at a TMS stream awhile ago and the streamer was browsing the fm. To my amazement were stores selling guardians and divinity rings all around for a few billion mesos. The difference in availability is staggering.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited January 2018
  • Uganda_BlasterUganda_Blaster
    edited January 2018
    pepe wrote: »

And your point? Don't have to be an active member of the forums to report an actual bug... Is there no credibility when I put the effort in demonstrating how the Totem functions on the server it came from? A bug is a bug, I'm just here to bring it to light for the developers.
    DarkPassenger
    edited January 2018

And your point? Don't have to be an active member of the forums to report an actual bug... Is there no credibility when I put the effort in demonstrating how the Totem functions on the server it came from? A bug is a bug, I'm just here to bring it to light for the developers.

You're correct about this.

My advice is to follow the bug report format.
    Uganda_Blaster
    edited January 2018

You're correct about this.

My advice is to follow the bug report format.

Noted and edited, thanks for the advice!
  • OneOne
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited January 2018

the reason might be because it seems like you're posting on a separate account to avoid backlash since this is a bug that some people wouldn't mind keeping. not that there's anything wrong with that either
    edited January 2018
    One wrote: »

the reason might be because it seems like you're posting on a separate account to avoid backlash since this is a bug that some people wouldn't mind keeping. not that there's anything wrong with that either

The account doesn’t matter as long as the bug posted is credible and legit. There’s people with no post history running for VFM. He may be active on the discord and not forums.
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    nexon won't nerf the money totem my dude
    edited January 2018
    zz2020 wrote: »

it's not a nerf, basically, the totem effect stays after the user leaves the map. It's a potential exploit. It'd be like kishin shoukan remeaining in effect after a kanna leaves the map. is what he's saying.
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

it's not a nerf, basically, the totem effect stays after the user leaves the map. It's a potential exploit. It'd be like kishin shoukan remeaining in effect after a kanna leaves the map. is what he's saying.

this change would make the item worse (for people that totem to train mules on the same account, or totem friends, or sell totem service). my point's still the same.
    edited January 2018

this change would make the item worse (for people that totem to train mules on the same account, or totem friends, or sell totem service). my point's still the same.

Well, he did the right thing reporting it. An exploit is an exploit.
    edited January 2018
    One wrote: »

Off topic but how do you have a custom picture?

• ZomgNitZomgNit
    Reactions: 1,266
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    You know Kishin works the same exact way right? The effect always lasts for the full duration.

Kishin is just shorter, but you can still leave the map and the effect will stay for the full 3 minutes.

It's always worked that way.
    edited January 2018
    ZomgNit wrote: »
    You know Kishin works the same exact way right? The effect always lasts for the full duration.

Kishin is just shorter, but you can still leave the map and the effect will stay for the full 3 minutes.

From what I notice, when Kanna leave map while kishin is active, the actual kishin summons expire regardless of their time left. The effects of kishin only stay because of the effect while it was active. I'm assuming, OP is saying Monolith stays even when the user is out of the map, as in the skill doesnt expire when the user leaves.
  • ZomgNitZomgNit
    Reactions: 1,266
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

From what I notice, when Kanna leave map while kishin is active, the actual kishin summons expire regardless of their time left. The effects of kishin only stay because of the effect while it was active. I'm assuming, OP is saying Monolith stays even when the user is out of the map, as in the skill doesnt expire when the user leaves.

The monolith disappears, the effect stays. Same thing with Kishin, the summons disappear but the effect stays.

They both work exactly the same, they just have different summon durations. The effect always lasts for the full length of the summon duration, regardless of whether or not the caster leaves the map.
    edited January 2018

Has it crossed your mind that maybe Kishin has been glitched as well? This would make it harder for hackers that use just 1 Kanna bot to rotate maps as well.
  • LShadow3LShadow3
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

Has it crossed your mind that maybe Kishin has been glitched as well? This would make it harder for hackers that use just 1 Kanna bot to rotate maps as well.

Has it crossed your mind to look for JMS confirmation instead of just mindlessly speculating?
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited January 2018
    I think you guys never knew about this. When Nexon has fixed Kishin glitch being to keep effect in map permanently until a maintenance, also nerfed kishin then released Frenzy Totem. Too many ppl complained then Kishin is partially back. Nexon has also said the Kishin or Frenzy, when being used then leaving map, the effect stay for another buff duration skill.

This is not a bug, it's intended. I will need to google where I saw this x.x