[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion: Auction house phone App

MrDavidMrDavid
Reactions: 300
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
For many of us maplers, the auction house is a major part of our funding and gameplay experience.
The problem is that it's not always possible to log into maple story in order to renew your selling list or to search for that awsome deal that you have been waiting for (due to school, uni, work, etc.) and that fact lowers the quality of ms, atleast for me.
what I offer (if it's possible to do it) is to make a phone app of the auction house where everyone could log in from anywhere and check the ah, and also to get notifications when one of your items were sold while you weren't playing.
Like I said I'm not an app developer and I don't know if an app like that is even possible, but I think that if it is then many maplers would love it.
  1. would you want such an app?11 votes
    1. yes
       91% (10 votes)
    2. no
       9% (1 vote)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    It can work in just that way, to check what is being sold and what items have sold, but anything more probably not. Only thing, it would require someone to be constantly updating the app in real time. So depending on transaction rates, it could potentially be too much updating to refresh the app and the items being sold.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    At least to see what's in stock and having a less laggy search bar would be a great start. But there's a ton of companion type app that could be used for Maple.
    edited January 2018
    surprised they dont even have a forum app yet
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    There's a ton of apps that can be added. Legion app, Market app, link skill app, forum app, chat app, there's a ton of ideas that could be added as a companion app.
    edited January 2018
    Probably not in the budget. and wont happen if theres no chance to make money off the app(s)
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Nexon ads is the only way to make money out of it.
    edited January 2018
    Doubt it, the developers of this game would most likely be able to make these app(s), meaning they wouldnt have to pay for their own ads to be on the app. Unless they sell ad space, but If they're pop up ads, most likely it wont be popular. and I dont think anyone wants to pay for an app that does these simple things. Unless there's a way to mine reward points from the app(s) or a chance to win Maple Points or some incentive.

But most likely the idea of ads is the only way they would make some revenue off apps.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    That feature sounds really useful. It really sucks to have to log on just to re-list your stuff lol. Not that I do that often. I can imagine it being possible. Isn't the Auction House on its own server anyway?

RuneScape actually has a companion app that allows you to buy and sell stuff on the Grand Exchange (their version of the "Auction House"). It works pretty well, as far as I can tell. I don't use it though, cuz starting up RuneScape takes like <30s compared to the five minute investment you need to get onto MapleStory lol. And I don't merch much in either game.

Regarding montezation, I doubt they should bother. The point of RuneScape's companion app was to enhance the player experience. Happier players = $$$. Same should be for MapleStory's companion app. I guess if they're really desperate for cash, they could throw in some ads, but I think the rates for mobile're preeeetty low, unless you wanna put in the really intrusive ads that tick everyone off...

(also, RuneScape's app even lets you talk to friends and clanmates and has a (unfortunately lacking...) checklist for dailies/weeklies lol)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Doubt it, the developers of this game would most likely be able to make these app(s),

In their copious free time, right?
    Also, they are PC developers, not Mobile. There are similarities, but it's not the same.
    It's more likely to require a collaboration between Nexon's Mobile division (maybe the devs of Maplestory M) and the Maplestory PC devs.
    Fennekin wrote: »
    That feature sounds really useful. It really sucks to have to log on just to re-list your stuff lol. Not that I do that often. I can imagine it being possible. Isn't the Auction House on its own server anyway?

Auction House is its own server, per world, but it also needs access to your character data, for the 2k meso listing fee.

I think a simpler solution would be to have an "auto-relist" checkbox when you put something up for sale in the Auction House. If you check it, then your item will automatically be relisted at the same sale price every time the listing expires, until it sells, or you cancel the listing, or you lack meso for the fee. Nexon might not like this because they want us logging in every day, but the same objection could be made to the phone app.
    Of course, this solution doesn't help if you want to search other listings or relist at a different price or maybe even buy items or list other items from your inventory, but I feel that in terms of the ratio of development effort to functionality, it's the optimal solution.
  • MrDavidMrDavid
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2018
    Fennekin wrote: »

RuneScape actually has a companion app that allows you to buy and sell stuff on the Grand Exchange (their version of the "Auction House"). It works pretty well, as far as I can tell. I don't use it though, cuz starting up RuneScape takes like <30s compared to the five minute investment you need to get onto MapleStory lol. And I don't merch much in either game.

Regarding montezation, I doubt they should bother. The point of RuneScape's companion app was to enhance the player experience. Happier players = $$$. Same should be for MapleStory's companion app. I guess if they're really desperate for cash, they could throw in some ads, but I think the rates for mobile're preeeetty low, unless you wanna put in the really intrusive ads that tick everyone off...

(also, RuneScape's app even lets you talk to friends and clanmates and has a (unfortunately lacking...) checklist for dailies/weeklies lol)

that was my point.. sometimes people only log to see the ah, and doing so takes to much time..that's why i think it's an important app