[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

1000-1500 budget for gaming pc

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited January 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
For this budget what would be best and more price/performance value? Prebuilt gaming pc or custom built parts by parts

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited January 2018
    Update: So, I purchased this today. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0764HW116/ref=psdc_13896615011_t2_B0764HW117. Hopefully, I don't get lag issues anymore.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Update: So, I purchased this today. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0764HW116/ref=psdc_13896615011_t2_B0764HW117. Hopefully, I don't get lag issues anymore.

its nice one enjoyyy !
    DarkPassenger
    edited January 2018
    thank you
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited January 2018
    Specs should be more than enough for most needs. Only things that could be debatable are the screen and keyboard, but those are still probably pretty decent.
    edited January 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    Specs should be more than enough for most needs. Only things that could be debatable are the screen and keyboard, but those are still probably pretty decent.

Yeah, in a review I saw the color display wasnt the best without UHD, without the 4k the color display was 71% I believe but with it it's 94-97%

But this one was the best price per performance I could find. Cause others had to give up/cut corners on more stuff to accommodate the budget price point.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    This was a a very silly way of using my college money, but It used it to buy an Alienware during late 2016. Most of you guys may be pissed off why I decided to choose a laptop instead of a desktop, but I had a few reasons and the configuration I chose was good.

Here is a story how I ended with Alienware:

Alienware fascinated me in middle school when I first saw it at Bestbuy.com and on Alienware's old site when it had the m17x models compared to the 17s today. It was the first time I saw a laptop with lighting zones. I chose Alienware because my Mom promised to get my "any" laptop if I got a Principal's Honor Roll. Alienware 17x was the most expensive and interesting computer on Best Buy's site so I went with that. I wanted to copy Sheldon Cooper and have an Alienware like him. Too bad I didn't score that high, so I then relied on saved up money and I then did my window shopping on Alienware's old site. I found out about customizations and found out that Alienware m17x and m18x could run SLI or CrossfireX graphics in them! I then settled for the small, but OP Alienware m11x which was a deadly gaming notebook. I could had been waiting forever if I wanted an SLI laptop. Also, Alienware's new laptops today don't have SLI T_T.

-I had a Dell preferred account and a discount from AAA
    -I chose a laptop because the AC in my room wasn't able to cool me down and is loud as hell. A laptop allowed me to move my gaming down to the living room where my family has a good AC.
    -32GB DDR4 was perfect for gaming and video editing. The i7 6820hk CPU was ridiculous and no other laptops I saw had that at that time
    -8GB GTX 1080 was a great addition to the laptop
    -The display featured a 120hz G Sync Display with a 2560 x 1440 resolution. There was also an option of going 4K, but for 60hz and no G Sync, but I chose refresh rate and G Sync.
    -I saw the tech team of Dell showing the laptop's crazy cooling and massive heatsinks and fans
    -Even though the wrist area is a fingerprint magnet, my laptop felt very sturdy compared to other laptops.

At that time, there weren't gaming laptops with GTX 1080s, dual Nvm SSDs + HDD, 120hz display with G sync. It also came with Tobii eye tracking which the demo itself was mindblowing. So I felt happy knowing I chose the best laptop at that time. If I were still searching today, I might had chosen a Blade Pro for its similar specs to the Alienware 17 and it being a lot lighter (the behemoth I am wielding today weights 4.5kg!)

At this moment, I am saving my money for a desktop rig that would replace my current desktop. I plan to build a PC running off the Z370 chipset and new Coffee Lake CPU that will perform my laptop by a bit (you must be loaded, but I just saving up Chinese New Years money). My old Clarkdale PC (1st gen intel core CPU) with be the guest/family computer.

The memory for my upcoming build will be 2x 16GB (I plan on upgrading to 64GB without having to replace sticks) from either Trident Zs or Dominator Platinums (overkill but I do plan doing other things besides gaming and video editing.) The CPU and mobo will be an 8700k from Intel with its dozen threads and hexa-core madness as well as Maximus X from ROG. I saved up about halfway for my dream build and Chinese New Years is coming. Wish me luck!
    DarkPassenger
    edited January 2018
    I was about to get the alienware 15 but it was about 4-500 dollars more, only that it came with a digital copy of forza motor sports 7, but the specs were similar to the dell I ordered. And it was going to get here in a week instead of tomorrow with the one from amazon. The only difference between the two I was going to buy was dell has UHD display and Alienware was gtx 1070.

I got a laptop as well, cause I dont have the room as I live/sleep on a couch in the living room.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

Yeah, in a review I saw the color display wasnt the best without UHD, without the 4k the color display was 71% I believe but with it it's 94-97%

But this one was the best price per performance I could find. Cause others had to give up/cut corners on more stuff to accommodate the budget price point.

you can get good spec external monitor eazy same for keyboard and mouse
    the spec you got its nice maxed because those not eazy change long term
    agin hope it last you long and works smooth :)

ps: Dell its alienware but you pay extra for the RGB lights and logo :)
    edited January 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »

yep, saw the main site.

i dont have the space for a full pc thats why i got the laptop
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »

I use the backlit keyboard and other lighting zones for gaming in the dark since I am one of those people who are up at night but don't use the lights in my room. If I were I truly insane, I would had gotten a liquid cooled laptop from ROG or gotten a $9000 1080 SLI curved 21" laptop from Acer.
    edited January 2018
    So the new laptop I ordered on Amazon arrived today, the display is so crisp. Havent been able to download maple though since the updates are relatively big on new laptops. Also got a cooling pad/fan