[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory Not Launching

AlphaZenAlphaZen
Reactions: 200
edited January 2018 in Tech Support
Hi, after the update to v192, maplestory won't run or start up from the Nexon Launcher anymore. I tried everything like repair install or the SoScreenMode thing and it still does not work.

Comments

• xXLucyLouXxxXLucyLouXx
    Reactions: 830
    edited January 2018
    One of the patch files from yesterday's patch is unfortunately detected as a virus and blocked by several anti-virus programs (for example Bitdefender).

Unfortunately you have to add maplestory as exception (in firewall and file protection) to be able to play again, if you have the same issue.
  • AlphaZenAlphaZen
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2018
    One of the patch files from yesterday's patch is unfortunately detected as a virus and blocked by several anti-virus programs (for example Bitdefender).

Unfortunately you have to add maplestory as exception (in firewall and file protection) to be able to play again, if you have the same issue.

Ok thank you, also how do I do that?
  • xXLucyLouXxxXLucyLouXx
    edited January 2018
    It depends on the antivirus program used, each has its own menu structure
  • Shark1004Shark1004
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2018

AlphaZen wrote: »

Ok thank you, also how do I do that?

Same issue is happening to me too please fix this Nexon.... and games crashes every like hour, is this a virus installed in the latest update?!
  • xXLucyLouXxxXLucyLouXx
    edited January 2018
    I assume that the patch file is not a virus, but some anti-virus programs just thinks it could be one. Whyever ...
  • RewasabRewasab
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2018
    Yup, im affected as well, i can recover the files and de-activate my firewall but it's still failing to install.
  • gimpygimpy
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2018
    im having the same issue; after clicking play on Steam, i'll see the normal NGS message in the bottom-right corner, and then it'll give me the classic "cannot connect for 1 of 3 reasons: maintenance, banned ip, or poor connection."

i've already tried re-downloading the game, repairing the game's files (verify game files on steam), and restarting my pc, but nothing has worked.

its worth mentioning that it works perfectly fine through Nexon Launcher, so is the issue coming from Steam? regardless if Steam is the issue, there's definitely something wrong with the latest patch.
  • Mar10DMar10D
    The Games Not Starting Form The Nexon Launcher After The Patch ..So You Want Us To Tell Are Antivirus Program To Over Look What ...Thats A Big What . It Will Still See It As A Virus Even If I Tell It's In The Nexon Folder And You Say It's Bitdefender But It May Be More That That.. Im Not Shuting My Antivirus Down To Play...You Fix It I'm Not Going To Open My Computer Up To You ....