[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett Keeps getting Dc/d

LifeOrDeath777LifeOrDeath777
Reactions: 400
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in General Chat
After getting 3rd job skills when attacking I frequently get kicked to the world selection screen, and have also been told that I am getting kicked for the hack reason. This use to happen a long time ago I remember, but I am surprised that it has yet to be fixed. I would assume that if a class is able to be made that there are no major issues like this available with it. If anyone has a cure for the kicking please let me know. I enjoy the class (no not a joke), but trying to play a character that is broken is quite difficult.

Comments

• LifeOrDeath777LifeOrDeath777
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I have determined that I get kicked when using the skills Blaster Barrage, and also Falling Star. Not sure if there is any solution to fix these skills, but seeing as they are Jetts 2 Main attacks during 3rd job I believe a fix is in order.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Falling stars from what I hear has a chance of crashing. I have a level 200 jett but I never used falling stars.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited January 2018
    Jett is just a broken class (in a bad way) altogether. They never seem to want to make it viable to play.

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2018
    I was on Jett just before I got hit with the Perm Ban Hammer! I did not d/c all that much though.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited January 2018
    Hi guys! I did want to check in with this thread and see if everyone is experiencing disconnects upon using the same skill(s) as Jett. We can inform our QA that certain skills seem to be disconnecting Maplers, but it would be great if we could provide better direction.
    MagicFoxhair
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited January 2018
    I'm actively working on my Jett this week, so i let you all know if I get d/c on Wednesday:)
  • PolymusPolymus
    Reactions: 730
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I don’t suppose there’s a way to connect Jett’s d/cing skills in association to getting randomly banned?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    I was just on my Jett before the ban bot took my account away.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    I was using Cosmic Upheaval and Falling stars. I got d/c one time on 1/17/18. Then got banned on 1/18/18. Cosmic Upheaval looks like your hacking could be why.
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited January 2018
    Can we get confirmation from additional users whether or not the above 3rd job Jett skills maybe triggering auto-bans on players accounts?
  • PolymusPolymus
    Reactions: 730
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    The current scenario we are considering is that people who are training jet and using Cosmic Upheaval look like they are hacking. Combined with a Kanna, it REALLY looks like you're hacking. We believe that there may be some legit players getting accused for hacking in this, if not similiar scenario. If there are enough people in this exact position and got banned for it, I believe all this merits a re-investigation at the least and should not be turned away blindly
    UnknownHero
  • HolyWatersHolyWaters
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited January 2018
    Polymus wrote: »
    The current scenario we are considering is that people who are training jet and using Cosmic Upheaval look like they are hacking. Combined with a Kanna, it REALLY looks like you're hacking. We believe that there may be some legit players getting accused for hacking in this, if not similiar scenario. If there are enough people in this exact position and got banned for it, I believe all this merits a re-investigation at the least and should not be turned away blindly

That's a good point. I wonder if that's whats causing the bans.

If that's true, it kind of sets a scary precedent on class selection. Like don't play Kanna you could get banned, don't play Jett you could get banned. As classes get published and reworked with new mechanics that push the boundaries I could see this becoming a problem, unless the auto-ban system is tweaked to handle the new interactions.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited January 2018
    217 Jett here and i can definitely say Cosmic Upheaval causes me to D/C.
    Looking for maps / methods to train on without using cosmic upheaval is awful, especially on Chuchu island. #0cdstarfallpls
  • DougDoug
    I as well can barely get through 5 minutes of training on chu chu island without disconnecting...
    Before the only other map that would constantly d/c me was stronghold knights but I could get around it by training at aliens with no issues.
    But now there's no way to get around not being able to train at chu chu... I don't even train with kanna but it does seem like I d/c in the middle of cosmic upheaval after killing mobs very quickly.
  • JiBriJiBri
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2018
    Here in end of Dec 2018, still experiencing DCs and losing my 2x exp buffs.
    From 3rd job onwards its constant. gets worse in 4th job
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited December 2018
    ummm most exp buffs stay active even if you are d/c. Even pendant of the spirit will stay.