[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wondroids Uncompletable

ZeroBluxZeroBlux
Reactions: 1,100
edited January 2018 in Rants and Raves
Now if you're like me and you're playing with a mage, you cannot complete the last floor for Aster. Floor 1.
as to why that is, is because you lack a critical part in completing it. and whats worse is that you cant help it.
what I'm referring to is KNOCKBACK RESISTANCE
The guns from the guards can just shoot you all day long and push you back. Not to mention the swarms of guards coming after you when you destroy each electric fence. Along with the additional commands you need to add for each fence which just slows things down further. You can't outrun them and you cant attack them. You're basically stuck in a rock and a hard place.
Sure for most mages with Magic Guard, it might be easy, but with a class like ILLIUM, it is anything but. Illium does not have magic guard and the only additional defense they can get is from using their crystal orb. I even tried raising my HP and knockback using hyper stats but that helped with a big, fat, NOTHING.
This event is not fair and needs to be nerfed. Or better yet, just thrown out altogether. All of this work and frustration is from an ANDROID. Nobody deserves this.
Nobody.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Mihile link skill can help.
    Invulgo
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Unless they changed something the guards only spawn at certain points, so you can clear the first few and wait to regen your health a bit. actually I'm pretty sure regen was disabled. What worked for me on my beast tamer was just to kill one wave at a time
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited January 2018
    My biggest issue is B1 and I HATE how you can't checkpoint the stage if you want to leave the area... I don't want to do this another several hundred times just to clear my first save...
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited January 2018
    i find the rewards to be sorta garbage, the only good one worth getting is the heart, though i already have a good heart...anyway, the furthest i get is B1 but the conveyor was ferocious f3
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    edited January 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Mihile link skill can help.

true but mihile link doesnt last very long
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited February 2018
    I want the heart, but I'm not willing to be frustrated this much trying to complete these jump quests. Honestly i have other daily things to do than to waste hours of my time on this.
  • SlayerKev2SlayerKev2
    Reactions: 620
    edited February 2018
    Does anyone else get the feeling that floor b1 was made just to make people angry?
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    edited February 2018
    SlayerKev2 wrote: »
    Does anyone else get the feeling that floor b1 was made just to make people angry?

i thought it was at first until i saw zero's strategy. then it got easier.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    One thing I noticed was that you can't get near the fence and let the guards spawn anymore. (Not sure if this was a bug that was fixed or not). Now you actually have to input commands while they are coming towards you and it also seems like a lot more spawn this time around. I can't kill them before I break the fences anymore and now I just have to outrun them and pray to not get the god awful <-- --> commands. It feels like the lobby level is harder than it was last time and it shouldn't be that hard. I am still able to clear it, but its a lot harder now that you have the guards breathing down your neck.
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    edited February 2018
    Stallben wrote: »
    One thing I noticed was that you can't get near the fence and let the guards spawn anymore. (Not sure if this was a bug that was fixed or not). Now you actually have to input commands while they are coming towards you and it also seems like a lot more spawn this time around. I can't kill them before I break the fences anymore and now I just have to outrun them and pray to not get the god awful <-- --> commands. It feels like the lobby level is harder than it was last time and it shouldn't be that hard. I am still able to clear it, but its a lot harder now that you have the guards breathing down your neck.

and what class are you using to complete it?
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I play an explorer mage and magic guard definitely doesn't work inside since those guards do HP% damage lol. But yeah, the first floor is stupid as heck. Just gotta pray that the RNG gates are good with giving you easy QTEs
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    edited February 2018
    Rennn wrote: »
    I play an explorer mage and magic guard definitely doesn't work inside since those guards do HP% damage lol. But yeah, the first floor is stupid as heck. Just gotta pray that the RNG gates are good with giving you easy QTEs

i'd rather have a root canal than waste my time on nexon's idea of a "fun event"
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited February 2018
    mihile link skill doesn't work inside. Mage is probably the hardest class to do it on because no kb resist, no auto heal, no skill that helps you at all. I play nl so having shadow partner up lets me 1 shot the guards making it significantly easier. I have completed it on a mage before but man was it a lot more difficult. best strategy for mage is to just rush through it and try to finish before the guards get you. rip if you get the left/right thing.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    ZeroBlux wrote: »
    Stallben wrote: »

and what class are you using to complete it?

I'm playing a Wind Archer and an Illium this time around.