[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Clean Slate Scrolls

JosephrJosephr
Reactions: 300
edited February 2018 in Bug Reporting
I just spend 65 Clean slate on my superior pendant, they all failed.... and my diligence level is 10, so it's 20% succes rate. I have no idea what's happening, but i am almost certain this is bugged....

Comments

• ShadFTWShadFTW
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    There is no bug, and also level 10 diligence does not give you 10% extra, it is level 100 that gives you 10%. Also that extra 10% wouldn’t matter as it doesn’t affect the use of clean slates. So, overall it’s just a 10% chance of passing.
  • LamatoLamato
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2018
    Bad RNG =/= a bug.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    In my experience, Maplestory's Random Number Generator is bad. It has a tendency to give the same or similar results when called in quick succession. I've seen quite a few people like you, using 50 or 60 CSS with no success - and I've seen people passing 3 out of 10, or even 3 in a row.

When you're failing scrolls, the natural urge is to spam them as fast as you can, just to get it over with. But that's the wrong thing to do. Rather, when you're failing scrolls, take a break. Change channel. Go kill a few mobs. Give the RNG a chance to get out of its rut. Then try again. (There is no magic. I'm not going to promise that the next scroll you try will pass. But at least it will have a fairer chance than if you kept on spamming them).
    That's my opinion, at any rate.
    Good luck.
    Josephr
  • LoyalMSplayerLoyalMSplayer
    Reactions: 640
    edited February 2018
    ShadFTW wrote: »
    There is no bug, and also level 10 diligence does not give you 10% extra, it is level 100 that gives you 10%. Also that extra 10% wouldn’t matter as it doesn’t affect the use of clean slates. So, overall it’s just a 10% chance of passing.

it does work for clean slates but idk whether the 10% is additive of multiplicative
  • ShadFTWShadFTW
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    ShadFTW wrote: »

it does work for clean slates but idk whether the 10% is additive of multiplicative

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/4v6r17/questions_about_scrolls_that_are_affected_by_max/

Clean slates aren’t “considered” a scroll.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2018
    Hello

This isn't a bug.

In the future please use the MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines when posting in this section.

Link: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6845/maplestory-bug-reporting-guidelines#latest

Thanks