[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wondroid ideas for less player stress

Comments

• CaptainEcchiCaptainEcchi
    Reactions: 630
    edited February 2018
    If they let us heal between gates on 1F, I'd be okay with that.

either that or:
    make the monsters hit for less damage
    make the monsters attack slower
    reduce monster count
    gain 1sec invincebility upon hit (like everywhere else)

that would be my suggestions.
    As many others mentioned before, clearing B1 is already kind of hard.. it really frustrated me to finally finish B1 and then get stuck on the last stage :c
    Kingofrunes
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2018
    After struggling for over 3 hours on B1 alone i decided to give up... idk if I will even do it again cause doing B4 to B1 again is stupid, don't understand why you cant leave then return to where you were

Yeah. That doesn't make sense to me either. Id rather have the checkpoint at B1 reset your timer back so that if I am stuck with 5 minutes I can feel a little less rushed and hence ruining my concentration.
    Kingofrunesbootlicker
  • ninestrokesninestrokes
    Reactions: 565
    edited February 2018
    I dc'd twice while I was at 1F. You know what happens then? The game brings you all the way back to B4 and you'd have to redo everything despite the progress you've already made. Where's the logic in that?

I agree with the above posts too. 1F has possibly the worst game level design in the entire Wondroid JQ for a melee character. Whether you pass or fail in this level is entirely based on what keyboard prompts you get at the gates because of the bad mechanics of this level:

1. Your normal melee attack has an extremely short range to hit opponents.
    2. Alert agents pretty much deal first strike on you because of reason 1.
    3. Agents knock you back a certain distance every time you get hit thus rendering you incapable of landing a hit until they get their hits done.
    4. Agents deal damage that are based on a percentage of your max hp - thus essentially giving everyone a predetermined number of hits to get through to the end. This would have been acceptable had the game given you avenues to heal or not made it so difficult to hit the enemy agents.
    5. Reasons 1, 2 & 3 compounded together guarantees that for each stack of enemies that appear upon reaching a gate, all of these agents would get a hit upon you before you could even deal damage on them. With the enemy agents dealing 3.33% of your max hp per hit, and the number of enemy agents appearing progressively increasing with every gate you clear, at the MINIMUM, they'd deal x! (factorial) hits on you or x! * 3.33% of your max hp in terms of damage dealt, where x is the number of agents spawned. (I got this formula by assuming they have first strike and you managing to kill an agent with one hit. Both the agents and you trade rounds).

By following this formula, you essentially get dealt at MINIMUM 20% HP at 2nd gate, 33% at 3rd gate, and 50% at the final gate. 20+33+50=103% of your total HP! The only reason why I was still able to clear 1F with my Shad and my Phantom is because there is a degree of glitchiness to this level wherein some of these agents jump and fall through the floor upon reaching a gate. Now imagine if you get to a gate where you only get arrow prompts. It automatically means your death because these agents would get at the least another round of damage on you.

I seriously had more trouble at 1F than at B1.

TLDR; 1F is hell for melee, please fix.
    PetalmagicKingofrunesShadowParadoxRennn
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    pepe wrote: »
    pepe wrote: »
    ^Yep, you just have to keep practising. I remember when wondroid first came out and everyone was in an uproar about the difficulty. But it started to simmer down once they got the hang of it. Be thankful that they actually gave you checkpoints. It honestly isn't difficult enough for the quality of equipment we're getting.

Tell that to the Ghost Exorcist Badge. That questline is super easy, much easier than doing Wonderoid and far less time/effort

Is ghost ship badge the standard for quest difficulty now? It's bizarre that you expect every other powerful item to be given out after 10 minutes of effort. Just take what you're given and stop demanding everything to be 'super easy'.

Uhm, even Sengoku badge (true BiS) is 500x easier to get than Wondroid heart. Same for the Pocket items given through Red Leaf/Sengoku High. Most of the event rings (also BiS) are just the usual grind for coins or do mini games.

You're being given a powerful equipment that has no comparison in reboot (the world which you're referencing since bis rings are event rings) and it bothers you that it isn't as simple as other quests. Lmao..

Anyway it's already too late for any major changes, you're going to have to pull yourself up by your boot straps and be stoic.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited February 2018
    Well, I'm gonna state a different opinion here: I don't think it's too bad. We are talking about a BiS heart, and hearts are NOT given out commonly, especially in Reboot server for the Reboot players here. Plus it's not like you guys should put in 2-3 hours and expect to just be handed something. There aren't many challenging things left in this game. Maplestory is just a big grind in general, but this event gives something new to the game, in my opinion. If it wasn't a heart in the shop I doubt yal would be complaining. This heart is more than manageable to obtain throughout the event period, and I don't think any changes to the current PQ are necessary.

Source: I completed the Wondroid Savior medal in season 1 by rescuing all the wondroids a year ago (without checkpoints). The first JQ took me 8 hours, but I proceeded to complete it over 40 more times (8 on my main and a bit over 30 mules) and most of my PQ's were finished in 15-25 minutes after that first JQ. It does get easier with practice. My flawless runs (had 3 of them) were just under 13 minutes.
  • FlemshinFlemshin
    Reactions: 635
    edited February 2018
    I have completed the intial rescue and while it is difficult i really think the problem lies in f1 more than b1. I was able to do the gates rather easy on a demon avenger where my leech was still working with auto attack on the guards after each gate. Other classes with low life are just screwed and have to hope for lucky commands on the gates. The gates really don't add much to the experience, at the very least take out the left right command one. If you care about player health, take out that evil left right command our hands/wrist will thank you
  • CyabackCyaback
    Reactions: 100
    edited February 2018
    Gentlemen this must be more balanced for the average of more quantity and with possibilities for the least skilled not only for one of 30 players.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2018
    Cyaback wrote: »
    Gentlemen this must be more balanced for the average of more quantity and with possibilities for the least skilled not only for one of 30 players.

Wow, and fyi, I am a lady :P but that is very articulated.
    UserRed
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited February 2018
    zayum zawg does that mean i'm special cause so many ppl here have probs with this event xd
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    4. Steam and Laser Damage
    Please just lower this...I heard in MSEA its like 10k damage compared to our 800k damage. That would give us a LITTLE wiggle room to screw up in this jump quest.

So, I've just been told this, but apparently there are now items hidden inside the JQ that protect you from the lasers once per item if you have them. Attack the boxes that are hidden around the stages, they can drop shields as well as Aspire coins.

So far, I know there's a shield (blocks one hit) and a Wonderoid Repair Kit (protects you from one accident report).
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2018
    Maybe a better thing would to just increase the amount of time you have on B1.
  • FlemshinFlemshin
    Reactions: 635
    edited February 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    4. Steam and Laser Damage
    Please just lower this...I heard in MSEA its like 10k damage compared to our 800k damage. That would give us a LITTLE wiggle room to screw up in this jump quest.

So, I've just been told this, but apparently there are now items hidden inside the JQ that protect you from the lasers once per item if you have them. Attack the boxes that are hidden around the stages, they can drop shields as well as Aspire coins.

So far, I know there's a shield (blocks one hit) and a Wonderoid Repair Kit (protects you from one accident report).

Good to know, part of the frustrating thing for me was just trying to figure out how everything worked. I hit one of those boxes open and got the accident report doing the intial rescue and thought that i couldn't hit those boxes at all, lol.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Flemshin wrote: »
    Good to know, part of the frustrating thing for me was just trying to figure out how everything worked. I hit one of those boxes open and got the accident report doing the intial rescue and thought that i couldn't hit those boxes at all, lol.

Accident Reports only ever occur once, for what it's worth. After you trigger it, it will not trigger again.
    In addition, you receive the free coins for each report.
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited February 2018
    This is what comes after B1

it only gets worse

Disgusting stage. If you get ← → command at 3rd gate, its pretty much over
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited February 2018
    I agree. Nexon please, put a checkpoint before steam hell, I have literally spent more time playing other games to calm down than actually trying to beat the level.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited February 2018
    B4-F1

-Stop force us all the way back to the beginning (if you die in b4 before the savepoint, contragz you just wasted your id card)
    -Starting all over from staircase is nothing but a waste of our time. Fix it to the entrance.
    -Remove **** random accidents

B4-B2

-Raise the difficulty a bit higher

B1

-Reduce the number of gas pipe(for those who suffer)

F1

Either
    1. Reduce the % damage of guards
    2. Reduce the number of guards by one at each gate
    3. Remove player-knockback
    4. Remove ← → command (the sole reason why players cannot rush and must take down guards)
    Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2018
    EXdest wrote: »
    B4-F1

-Stop force us all the way back to the beginning (if you die in b4 before the savepoint, contragz you just wasted your id card)
    -Starting all over from staircase is nothing but a waste of our time. Fix it to the entrance.

B4-B2

B1

F1

Either
    4. Remove ← → command (the sole reason why players cannot rush and must take down guards)

B4-b2 honestly seem FINE in terms of difficulty, b1 is just exponentially more difficult. I still wish the steam did less damage than one shot.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited February 2018
    B4-F1

B4-B2

B1

F1

Either

B4-b2 honestly seem FINE in terms of difficulty, b1 is just exponentially more difficult. I still wish the steam did less damage than one shot.

Well I personally think B4-B2 is a bit easy for me. Each stage takes less than 3 min, B1 takes less than 10 mim. F1 is indeed in the depth of hell which takes 45+ min.
  • tOSsCoINtOSsCoIN
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2018
    B4-F11

B4-B2

B1

F1

Either

In addition to F1, the animation of breaking barricade should be removed.

I observe the attacking pattern of security guard. The guard shoots three times consecutively -- non-stop -- and then rests for about two seconds. The damage inflicted from the security guard is 4% of the player's HP.

These computations are just assumption. Let's do the math.
    At the second barricade, there are 3 security guards.
    Each guard shoots three times and inflicts 4% of the player's HP.
    3 * 4% = 12%

Three security guards shoot together at the second barricade.
    3 * (3 * 4%) = 36%

At the third barricade, there are 4 security guards.
    4 * (3 * 4%) = 48%

Sum of these two barricades:
    36% + 48% = 84%

The player gets at least 84% damage inflicted from the security guards. The player's remaining HP after the third barricade is at most 16% of player's HP.

It is less likely to pass through the 3rd barricade. I suggest that using of healing items once or twice should be allowed.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    B4-F1

B4-B2

B1

F1

Either

Well I personally think B4-B2 is a bit easy for me. Each stage takes less than 3 min, B1 takes less than 10 mim. F1 is indeed in the depth of hell which takes 45+ min.

It may be easy for you, but there a lot of people who just aren't good. The difficulty is fine, it doesn't need to be raised higher just because you think it is too easy.
    Mehia