[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon shut down FreeMarket and leaving only Auctio

Comments

• Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited January 2018
    They will just remove them and give a "compensation". Not really a biggie.
  • superhondasuperhonda
    Reactions: 400
    edited February 2018
    LOL, knew this would happen....
  • GhostAinaGhostAina
    Reactions: 740
    edited February 2018
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    compensation for fm shop codes better be at least equal to 1/3 of a marvel spin.
  • superhondasuperhonda
    edited February 2018
    The game is already dead, closing the FM just make it more dead no big changes here.

without botters / advertisment from them, the channel will look even less populated.
  • RichieHereRichieHere
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    So happy Nexon decided to do this even though it hurts an original player like myself. I just love how people can’t use FM now to display godly items for real money transactions. Hopefully, In the future nexon enforces the rules so that people can stop spending their money on items that are possibly duped just to show off their range.
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited February 2018
    About time they're getting rid of free market.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited February 2018
    This will do nothing to deter the botters/meso selling sites. They will just move into ardentmill, the towns, anywhere people gather and spam so much there that you can't casually converse with other players. You can report them but they'll still be there hours later still at it. They'll spam supermegas even more as well along with all the hundreds of players trying to sell their gears for cash. The game is going to get a LOT more spammy/annoying and of course.... a huge blind eye will be turned to it just like they have been doing with the same folks involved in these issues for years.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    This will do nothing to deter the botters/meso selling sites. They will just move into ardentmill, the towns, anywhere people gather and spam so much there that you can't casually converse with other players. You can report them but they'll still be there hours later still at it. They'll spam supermegas even more as well along with all the hundreds of players trying to sell their gears for cash. The game is going to get a LOT more spammy/annoying and of course.... a huge blind eye will be turned to it just like they have been doing with the same folks involved in these issues for years.

maybe but the fm also had illicit sale of goods for real world currency
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited February 2018
    Those people will still be doing their business with or without the free market as well. They'll just use smegas to market it now.
  • MehiaMehia
    Reactions: 605
    edited February 2018
    Those people will still be doing their business with or without the free market as well. They'll just use smegas to market it now.

Then can't you just report those who sell items for money?
  • BunnyWriterBunnyWriter
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited February 2018
    Mehia wrote: »

Oh you want to report [REMOVED] well thank god he stores it on [REMOVED]
    get my drift?
    unless you find a high level user like Armadil selling a 29star Nescher Bow for $5 - reporting is useless
    and by the time it gets looked at the item is sold 15 times and Armadil no longer plays the game

Moderator Note: We do not allow names being mentioned on the forums.
  • MehiaMehia
    Reactions: 605
    edited February 2018
    Mehia wrote: »

Oh you want to report REMOVED? well thank god he stores it on REMOVED
    get my drift?
    unless you find a high level user like Armadil selling a 29star Nescher Bow for $5 - reporting is useless
    and by the time it gets looked at the item is sold 15 times and Armadil no longer plays the game

I'm pretty sure people who sell items for money would not have names like [REMOVED] - those names are what people go for when selling meso for money. I have seen people setting up shops in the FM saying "PP USD only, offer $450, $200".

Moderator Note: We do not allow names being mentioned on the forums.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited February 2018
    I've reported 10 botters the last few days. Were they removed? Still botting the last time I looked hours later...
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited February 2018
    superhonda wrote: »
    This will devalue the game as the Free Market is not just a place for maplers to sell/buy stuff but it is also a place for socializing chatting, afking and showing off their Godly Gears as a way to show what they have accomplished in maples.
    and a nice stage for bots to spam the entire map with their meso selling websites which makes "chatting" almost impossible.
    dude this is 2018 not 2007
    DarkPassengerMehia
    edited February 2018
    DiximaN wrote: »
    superhonda wrote: »
    This will devalue the game as the Free Market is not just a place for maplers to sell/buy stuff but it is also a place for socializing chatting, afking and showing off their Godly Gears as a way to show what they have accomplished in maples.
    and a nice stage for bots to spam the entire map with their meso selling websites which makes "chatting" almost impossible.
    dude this is 2018 not 2007

lol
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited February 2018
    game already dying, and this will definitely kill it.
    edited February 2018
    July wrote: »
    game already dying, and this will definitely kill it.

no it won't
  • superhondasuperhonda
    edited February 2018
    This is like a Downgrade, instead of adding new contents to the game, they are removing contents.

This won't kill the game because the game is already killed.... Ever since they decided to the do the world transfer event, most of the servers become more dead. And ever since School season start again, the game is even more dead.

• WillowRosenbergWillowRosenberg
    Reactions: 520
    edited February 2018
    I've reported 10 botters the last few days. Were they removed? Still botting the last time I looked hours later...

This. I swear that the "report user" button is really an idiot counter instead. It gives Nexon a way to count how many idiots are walking around GMS. This has been an issue since the game went public - that the report user button effectively does nothing. I've reported users constantly for botting or hacking and a week later, there they are, still at it, hacking and botting on the same exact boards, no less. I used to think that Nexon really didn't give a crap about GMS, but I think the GMs care even less than Nexon does. I'd love to know what GMs actually do all day since most of them never actually do their job.