[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to disable Message from spam user. very lag

FariosFarios
Reactions: 1,170
edited February 2018 in General Chat
How to hide this:
DHZws6U.png

Spammer
ZCXB8VU.png
Mehia

Comments

• BunnyWriterBunnyWriter
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited February 2018
    there is no option to disable / block PAYING USERS ;3
  • FariosFarios
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited February 2018
    there is no option to disable / block PAYING USERS ;3

yea :3 Paying users is God :)
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    There is no option to turn them off. Best thing you can do is ignore them unfortunately.
  • HolyWatersHolyWaters
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited February 2018
    It'd be nice if you could turn them off. Honestly though what is the point of having megaphones in the first place?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    Can’t ignore the lag friend. To have less lag you’d have to upgrade memory (RAM), graphics card etc
  • MehiaMehia
    Reactions: 605
    edited February 2018
    Farios wrote: »
    How to hide this:
    DHZws6U.png

Spammer
    ZCXB8VU.png

I support this! +1
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2018
    I'd love the option to not get the popup but still allow the Megaphone chatter in the chat window.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    I'd support this, to be frank, 99% of smegas are irrelevant and just not worth reading. Overused jokes, or just random things, to even inappropriate things.
    MehiaDaisukeHaruto
    edited February 2018
    yeah I'm not really interested in one guy's opinion weeks ago about Arwoo being a female dog over and over.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    >:)

They should include MVP chatter in the same channel as "System" to keep it all organized.

Even If I use my own channels, I still get MVP lag but this has been like this forever. One day, maybe, it will be adjusted or fixed.

>:)
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited February 2018
    I believe the only way to mitigate smegas, as of right now, is to switch to the "Combat" tab in your chat bar. Unfortunately, that also means muting every other chat channel in the process
  • LoyalMSplayerLoyalMSplayer
    Reactions: 640
    edited February 2018
    Rheariel wrote: »
    There is no option to turn them off. Best thing you can do is ignore them unfortunately.

would be nice if nexon implemented blocking this crap. its seriously annoying
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited February 2018
    Move to an empty server so you aren't spammed nearly as much. :D
    edited February 2018
    Haven't been on for a while but last time I was on, I kept seeing the TigerSmega 12 times in a minute, from one person, yelling about "GET RICH WITH [Removed]!" Each time shaking my screen, even with the shake option off, making my comp lag and just when it gets clear enough that the enemies are moving, TigerSmega hits again.
    Nexon, can we at least stop with the screen shake with the smegas?
    RoseDropFarios
  • RoseDropRoseDrop
    Reactions: 875
    edited February 2018
    The TigerSmega meso sellers are the worst. There's always a 50/50 chance of me lagging out when they start spamming.
    FariosDaisukeHaruto
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited February 2018
    Sorry, the guy paying is more important than you and you're going to see that messages whether you like it or not.
    On the good note, even if you can disable it, you're still going to get a lag due to the game's instability in general ;)
  • MehiaMehia
    Reactions: 605
    edited February 2018
    Pigaba wrote: »
    Sorry, the guy paying is more important than you and you're going to see that messages whether you like it or not.
    On the good note, even if you can disable it, you're still going to get a lag due to the game's instability in general ;)

I'd rather lag out from the game's instability rather than have people cluttering the chat box with garbage.
    edited February 2018
    The chat box is not my issue, I don't spend much time looking at it, don't even mind most of the Smega messages popping up in the corner, I try not letting enemies hide there. my issue is the Screen shake that most of the smegas do.. that freezes my client fast. I want shakeshake gone.
  • SoushiSoushi
    Reactions: 500
    edited February 2018
    There is a option in game to disable the screen shaking.