[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Where's hekaton? Update Kritias?

ArlongArlong
Reactions: 4,645
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know this was asked around a lot but after 4 years this boss has still not been released. Also, kritias definitely needs a revamp. I say revamp but not much needs to be change really. How about make it so you get one of those envelope things above your head so you can teleport to kritias for invasion? No one does invasion, I think primarily due to it being out of the way for most people and you can't use hyper tele rock in there. Have it as an envelope and I think many people will do it. Also, the shop prices for tyrant gloves needs to be lowered. The prices are the same as kms and they have hekaton which makes it easier to get stones. We don't. If we don't get hekaton then the prices should be lowered. At the moment, since no one does invasions and the only other way is to do the daily quests which only gets you 1 stone per day. That will take 400 days, over a year to get enough to buy tyrant gloves. That is unreasonable. This shouldn't be too hard to change, just lower prices and maybe add the envelope teleport, or maybe make the daily quests give more stones.

Comments

• MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited February 2018
    Well I figure I know why Hekaton wasn't added in the first place for I figure it was mostly to due to shear amount of lag it brought when it came out years ago since it allowed up to 100 players to enter all at once. I can imagine the stress that must of put on the servers a moving map sized monster with 100 players spamming screen filling attacks, with pets, totems, androids, cash effects and so on. So we ended up with a version of Hekaton which was Gollux since it allowed for less players to fight him and beat him it had less lag on the whole.

But I do agree that nowadays it would've been nice to have him included in the game because of the reasons you mentioned above, plus he has a story debut nowadays so people are gonna want to know who the heck is Hekaton anyways and where did he vanish off to.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited February 2018
    They could had made the party size for Hekaton similar to Ursu which isn't a cross server 100 man battle.
  • ArlongArlong
    edited February 2018
    I mean if it worked in kms and ems I don't see why it can't work here. maple sea got a version where only 30 people enter which I think we can handle
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Arlong wrote: »
    I mean if it worked in kms and ems I don't see why it can't work here. maple sea got a version where only 30 people enter which I think we can handle

many things worked well in EMS i tho with merge they will take the expirance and knowlege :(

Malvon wrote: »
    Well I figure I know why Hekaton wasn't added in the first place for I figure it was mostly to due to shear amount of lag it brought when it came out years ago since it allowed up to 100 players to enter all at once. I can imagine the stress that must of put on the servers a moving map sized monster with 100 players spamming screen filling attacks, with pets, totems, androids, cash effects and so on. So we ended up with a version of Hekaton which was Gollux since it allowed for less players to fight him and beat him it had less lag on the whole.

But I do agree that nowadays it would've been nice to have him included in the game because of the reasons you mentioned above, plus he has a story debut nowadays so people are gonna want to know who the heck is Hekaton anyways and where did he vanish off to.
    its not lag as much as desine and spagheti code, cant be that hard when other version has it and works well
    but i guss hekaton still waits to be on list for "revmap/fix"
    we had GM summon monster event in towns with 2x more people attack with all kind of effect and wasnt that bad
    and am sure they can make eazy solution with disable most of the effects and hit box optimize etc etc ..... but yea....

or i think that they dont rly want work on it so we cant get gloves more eazy and fair
    in other hand to increase reasons why you would spin marvel and other $ methods .....

• MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited February 2018
    Yeah I agree with you guys that filtering out other users animation effects and lowering the party count down to 30 would be a step in the right direction for this boss to cut back the lag from him and it would be nice to have the option to fight Hekaton nowadays to make easier to get those sweet, sweet gloves.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited February 2018
    I've already suggested they reduce the price of tyrant gloves by half awhile ago, such a simple solution that doesn't meddle with spaghetti code and they still haven't done anything. Others have proposed similar solutions like giving the final daily 3 stones instead of 1 or making invasions 24 hour (bad solution but still).

I just don't ever see them bringing hekaton to this game, either they are embarrassed to bring this type of boss to a ghost town of a game or they are just lazy. A tyrant glove is like any other tyrant, its illogical to make it this rare since it booms easily.
  • ArlongArlong
    edited February 2018
    If even my dead server can manage 30 people for bingo, 30 for hekaton is absolutely doable. Invasions too, just have the envelope invite. Look at all the people that go for guild race. Even half of those people is enough to finish an invasion
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited February 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »
    Arlong wrote: »

many things worked well in EMS i tho with merge they will take the expirance and knowlege :(

Malvon wrote: »

its not lag as much as desine and spagheti code, cant be that hard when other version has it and works well
    but i guss hekaton still waits to be on list for "revmap/fix"
    we had GM summon monster event in towns with 2x more people attack with all kind of effect and wasnt that bad
    and am sure they can make eazy solution with disable most of the effects and hit box optimize etc etc ..... but yea....

or i think that they dont rly want work on it so we cant get gloves more eazy and fair
    in other hand to increase reasons why you would spin marvel and other $ methods .....

mm easy tyrant gloves could be reasoning behind it as their a big item

last time we had a gm summon event well one i took place in myself and few other players got dc'ed due to hack reason
    (probably due to running maple on min req at time but i say their was about 100ish players on map)

big picture to is you have to consider all users and systems that can run maple not all systems run it well on min req
    computer i run it on is bit over min req to run maple but every so oftan after a update its not even able to run maple at all...
    (i dont even wanna talk about my laptops seems like every laptop has a issue with memory use-age going over 100% when it comes to gaming)