[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anachievable achevments (area exploration)

HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
Reactions: 1,460
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2018 in Bug Reporting
This is not so much as a bug report as it is more of a technicality.

Brief bug summary:

Some "Area Exploration" achievments are unachievable, due to the maps being blocked, or just straight up unavilable.

More details:

Prime examples:

unHdz68.png
To get this achievment you have to visit the map called "Black Heaven Main Computer on Black Heaven".

So I went to the exact place:
0moE2FP.png

I firgured it may just be a map related to some quest, so I redid the entire black-heaven storyline, including every single quest in the area, on a second character (IGN: ZeroGiraffe) but not once did I happen to visit that map.

It does appear in the world map though.

hXemYCg.png

The same issue occurs with similar maps that USED to exist.

jdITgL0.png

To complete this chievment I will have to visit the map called "Palace of the Master"

As you can see in the message on the bottom of the picture, the area is blocked
cdLDbfa.png

However, through the use of teleport map, some players were able to access the now-outdated map.
Perhaps it is just not the same version of the map as was intended (I am guessing it has a different map ID)
T5GTJKW.png

It still doesn't register me as visiting the map.

Another example:
Nautilus - "Training Area" (has 2 versions, even though only 1 exists)

Character name: HolyGiraffe

Character level: 239

Character job: Bishop

World name: Bera

Date of the incident: 01 - Feb - 2018

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2018
    The Scrapyard one can be completed by doing the Dummie storyline.
    However, the same situation for the 2nd one also applies to the other level 200 maps.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    The Scrapyard one can be completed by doing the Dummie storyline.
    However, the same situation for the 2nd one also applies to the other level 200 maps.

which quest is that?
    Character specific?
    Whee do you start it?
    It did not work for me for the quest called "Take me away"
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    which quest is that?
    Character specific?
    Whee do you start it?

"Take Me Away" is part of Dummie's storyline, however it's not the end of the storyline. According to my questlog, "Take Me Away" is only the part where you and Dummie find an android's nameplate with strange markings (the number 10,000).

After completing "Take me Away", you still have to complete the following questlines:
    • Inside Black Heaven Again
    • Who Am I?
    • On the Secret Path
    • The Last Visit

When you complete The Last Visit, you will enter the Black Heaven computer room.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    which quest is that?
    Character specific?
    Whee do you start it?

"Take Me Away" is part of Dummie's storyline, however it's not the end of the storyline. According to my questlog, "Take Me Away" is only the part where you and Dummie find an android's nameplate with strange markings (the number 10,000).

After completing "Take me Away", you still have to complete the following questlines:
    • Inside Black Heaven Again
    • Who Am I?
    • On the Secret Path
    • The Last Visit

When you complete The Last Visit, you will enter the Black Heaven computer room.

Thank you, that was very helpful. I couldn't find this information through google.
    Also it turns out that you have to do daily commission quests to access the next quest, every time. (I just did "On the Secret Path", and I am required to do 3 more quests, so it will have to wait for tommorow)