[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What else can I do to enjoy more of Maplestory?

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited February 2018 in General Chat
Hi all, so I am stuck at a point in playing this game and I'd like to know what else I can do, aside from getting stuck and logging out 30 seconds after my character selection screen finishes loading. My account has several characters level 100+ with many close or just passing level 150 (from burning events). I am at this point where I think getting past more levels after 150 would be too much of a drag, or it could just be that I do not know how to enjoy the process leveling up, since I only do and have been doing solo play; pure map grinding to level up so slowly or just solo pqing for those few pqs that allow single player. You know, things have not been the same as before anymore, when I could look forward to make kills on Monsters or Bosses for rare drops while getting some levels along the process, nowadays things are just... Grinding, grinding, and more grinding without good incentive, it almost feels like the old GOALS are all gone, so the fun or the element of excitement and surprise simply just isn't there anymore, this is why I really need some advice, or maybe some of you could just tell me, "Maplestory just is not a game for you" lol. I mean, I still enjoy parts of this game; the part about different OP skills, part about exploring new contents that do not take much effort or time to explore unlike any seriously way too long story line, or the part about getting mesos then shop around (gotta love that). But yea, many different classes played up to level 100-150, too boring to go further (unless there is a way to make it fun), and new jobs just wouldn't be fun without the Burning event since it'll take extra time to level up, the pace would probably remind me of leveling up a level-150 character (even though it really is nothing close to that pain).

Please let me know how else I can enjoy more of Maplestory, or maybe I can just stop playing for another long time, before Burning comes back or feelings call for?
Guilds are not something I have ever thought of exploring even since I started playing Maplestory, not only bc I do solo play (easier on the little time I have) and also bc I had my doubts whether or not it really would make the game more fun... Any constructive advice would be much appreciated, I'd rather not give up on this game yet, although worst comes to worst I'll go on hiatus for another long time before coming back again, like said before, which I believe most players would do anyway, haha.

Comments

• ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited February 2018
    And it's also just that I do not see Maplestory as a game that is intended to have players treating it this way; leaving it a long time before coming back to play, although I could still be wrong about this idea. So ultimately, I need to know what visions exactly do Maplestory players and designers have in terms of -keeping players to play the game- bc there's just no way a game wants to lose its players, right? New events are cool, but what else? What if players, like me, just do not even look at the new events that come out, or that they simply do not trigger any interest? Different players have different interests, so what else does Maplestory offer, to keep players from leaving, short-term or long-term, to counter each of the different interests? I am definitely curious to find out, or... I am just thinking too hard XD (if you do not feel like playing, then don't play- kind of idea? lol)
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited February 2018
    nothing, nothing at all
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    They’re shifting focus into a different direction. So unless you enjoy the grind, there’s not much more to do.

I’ve been 211 on my Dual Blade since the V update. I barely get on an hour at a time. Only do stuff when a friend gets on during breaks/vacation from school.

They’ve been heading backwards with how they manage events as well, specifically the magpie event.

I wouldn’t mind the grind if it kept your wits sharp like FPS games with training reaction and reflexes, but the never ending cycle of button pressing just isn’t as alluring as it used to be.

It’s a good game, it has appeal with the progression system and graphics, and the music is nice but they headed in the wrong direction.

Ultimately, these kind of games (MMORPS, RPG (except maybe the new monster hunter game) are losing out to console games (story driven) or open world with better content.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    If you like OP skills, maybe watch a few 5th job skill showcases to motivate you to get to 200.

Do you enjoy bossing at all? At 150, all the more interesting bosses in the game are still inaccessible to you. Get to 180 at least to unlock them.

But, to be honest, if you don't enjoy grinding, story-dungeons, or event, then maybe this is not a game for you. It's a KMMO, it's all about the grind. Grind for levels, grind for nodestones to enhance your 5th job skills, grind for arcane symbols to get strong enough to reach the next higher level area. Story quests give a frame for grinding, and events can either be grindy or a break from the grind, but if you don't like those either... it's just a chat program with fancy dress-up options.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited February 2018
    bosses with rare drops are all level 200+ now. Just yesterday for example I went in with a party to beat damien and lotus. The old goals are still there, they've just been pushed back to higher levels. This is an mmo and designed to be played with other people not solo so maybe join a guild
  • KidoYaMingKidoYaMing
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited February 2018
    This is what I do you enjoy maplestory, I get all my characters to up lvl 150 or 210 for legion. I try to max out all my traits and professions. After that I would makes a bunch of adv giant pots or normal one and make new characters and lvl up with using giant pots lol. Trust me its funny when someone thinks you are hacking but truth is that you just have thousands of giant pots lol. Meet friends that dont mind if you play other games. Monster card collect, aim for goals like getting a character to SSS or complete a bunch of quest, aim to get max meso, fish, and explore all the maps in maplestory.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2018
    For a while now (after my paladin main had it's original (now restored minus the elemental ignore part), post-RED nerf), I've been trying to find a new main and have been challenging myself by speed running all my characters to aim for 200. Sad part is that once I hit the point where progression is almost at a dead stop, I quit the class entirely. I've taken interest in mechanic again this past week (this is perhaps the 5th mechanic I've made since starting this account) and the first time I've ever reached level 200 (now 207) on that job (and I love it even more so post 5th job) all because of the Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover announcement. Originally I found mechanic to be too clunky to be worth getting to 200, as I was not the summon-timing master I consider myself to be now, with Rock n Shock having a terrible cooldown period until getting the 25% cooldown cutter I've never gotten so far as to unlock, Mech had been so unappealing to me. Now, I find peace with my summons and am currently working on ways to improve my range so that my robot pals can 1 hit ko mobs to be the best map controlling class out there.

So since you've only gotten your classes to 150, perhaps try aiming for 200 like a few have said because some classes have that hidden potential locked by a high level requirement. Sometimes the class you never expected to main could actually be the class you like most but you shouldn't force yourself to like the class.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2018
    nothing, nothing at all

True.
    But the only thing that can make the maplers happy is when Nexon will finally take care of botters, I'm tired of their smega spams and spams in henesys.
    Unfortunately, Nexon will never ever take care of Botters, it's like they don't even care anymore.

Glad to see you're back bro! zehahaha