[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplehood Suggestions

xXLucyLouXxxXLucyLouXx
Reactions: 830
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everybody,

I made a suggestion for the next Maphohood NX rotation. Most of the new items from the last maplehood are included again, as a second chance to get all of them together. The new items have been chosen to be in line with the older ones and to synergize with each other.

24xnn6d.png

Feel free to add your own suggestions for Maplehood Gatchapon and Beauty Days ;)

Comments

• RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited March 2018
    I think this is a pretty nice list except for a couple of items. For instance, White Outlaw Shirt and Brisk are, from what I know, more expensive and trendy items, so I don't think they fit into the list. Also, I think the Fairy Dew Cap, since it's a bit similar to the Spring Fairy Fur Hat, might also end up on the expensive side once it is released, so unless it is a Maplehood Watch exclusive set, I don't think it's a good idea to put it in. In my opinion, the idea of Maplehood Watch is to offer "free" things that aren't amazing, but decent or better than nothing.
  • xXLucyLouXxxXLucyLouXx
    edited March 2018
    I do not think you should divide the items into cheap and expensive. It´s Maplehood, all items are untradable and most of them are older sets/items, which probably will not come into styleboxes in future. Also many items become much cheaper if they are long enough available in the style boxes, even if they are very popular or stylish.

As an example, the spring fairy set: Two or three weeks after it was in the box, I could buy the hat or overall for 1b-1,5b in many stores. It´s not that expensive.
    Personally, I wouldn´t count the butterwands in the current rotation in the selection of very cheap or unstylish items, as well as the camellia kimono.

The thread is not intended to discuss the appropriateness of each item in this list, or its chance to be included in the next maplehood. The list above is only a suggestion how could the next Maplehood look like and an invitation to add your own suggestions or wishes :)
  • RenniRenni
    edited March 2018
    I personally own an Iris Butterwand myself that I had purchased and equipped for a long time before it was released in the box, as well as Time Master Hat, and Dryad. I was never implying it was "very cheap or unstylish"; noticed I mentioned "decent" along with "better than nothing". All items in the Maplehood Watch box have generally been worth less than 2b mesos in my world (Windia) prior to their release in the box and had been re-released many times. From what I know, the Spring Fairy set was pretty popular in Windia and has so far only been released one batch in July, therefore the prices now have increased a lot. 2-3 weeks is not a lot of time in between to gauge prices, and this can be noticed by watching the prices of popular items from the MVP Style Boxes (but I also do not know what world you play on).

I'm very aware that Maplehood Watch NX items are not tradeable, though they have been re-released into style boxes again despite being the the Maplehood Watch boxes (with the exception of the new Arctic set). My reason for pointing out the more expensive items is because I already know that their prices will drop and that they will become less popular once they are in boxes, due to more supply and less demand, and that is exactly why they should not be in the "free" boxes. Imagine a 10b(+) item falling to a significantly lower price; a lot of people would be outraged compared to a 2b or less item. I've played other games where they re-release old, popular items in an easy fashion, making them suddenly less than 1/10th or 1/100th their original price. The market becomes a mess, and it's not fun. It's better for the prices of higher-priced, popular items to drop more gradually. That's why I would hope not to see this happen for Maple.

While you might not have intended for your thread to be a discussion on whether or not your suggestions are appropriate, I don't see why there couldn't be feedback on your list so that it could be improved. I was only giving my opinion as a suggestion for your list. All things on this forum are prone to responses, some supportive, some critical. I think if my response was just "I think this is a pretty nice list; the Flower Dancer set is appropriate and should definitely be included into the next season of Maplehood Watch", you would not have told me what was said in your last paragraph. If my response came off the wrong way then I apologize, but my intentions were to give feedback to help improve your suggested list.
  • xXLucyLouXxxXLucyLouXx
    edited March 2018
    Renni wrote: »
    My reason for pointing out the more expensive items is because I already know that their prices will drop and that they will become less popular once they are in boxes, due to more supply and less demand, and that is exactly why they should not be in the "free" boxes. Imagine a 10b(+) item falling to a significantly lower price; a lot of people would be outraged compared to a 2b or less item. I've played other games where they re-release old, popular items in an easy fashion, making them suddenly less than 1/10th or 1/100th their original price. The market becomes a mess, and it's not fun. It's better for the prices of higher-priced, popular items to drop more gradually. That's why I would hope not to see this happen for Maple.

Thats the point: White Outlaw Shirt and Brisk were not availible in styleboxes the last years. The Fairy Dew Cap has been in the database for a long time but has never been published. But all in all I understand what you want to say and that's why I did not include any recent items from last year's style boxes or such, where the probability is high of coming in future rotation (in my opinion).

Do you have a good suggestion for items which can replace the addressed items?

The reason of starting this thread have a collection of suggestions for nexon. If a discussion with 3-5 contributions is started based on each suggestion (no matter what kind), the tread becomes confusing, bloated and fewer people want to post suggestions.
  • RenniRenni
    edited March 2018

Thats the point: White Outlaw Shirt and Brisk were not availible in styleboxes the last years. The Fairy Dew Cap has been in the database for a long time but has never been published. But all in all I understand what you want to say and that's why I did not include any recent items from last year's style boxes or such, where the probability is high of coming in future rotation (in my opinion).

Do you have a good suggestion for items which can replace the addressed items?

The reason of starting this thread have a collection of suggestions for nexon. If a discussion with 3-5 contributions is started based on each suggestion (no matter what kind), the tread becomes confusing, bloated and fewer people want to post suggestions.

I think Cunning Sweet Pig & Mischievous Sweet Pig sets would be nice.
    427pssb2c.jpg
    Or the Baby Ram sets:
    pssbo7740.jpg
    Or this Choco set:
    00IHs-8537b46b-6b30-466a-9933-07fbb5c55339.png

Your Watermelon set and the Flower Dancer set look a lot more interesting though in comparison. ^^ I might have more suggestions later when I think of them.