[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Safe Mode/Black Crystals/Monsters bugged on Bera

White_ShadowWhite_Shadow
Reactions: 805
edited March 2018 in General Chat
Hello maplers! (Bera Server)
1-Yesterday I started doing balanced furies. And I was going to buy black crystals at Auction House, and I saw somebody selling like 7.000 black crystals. To craft 1 black crystal, I think you need 6 of black crystal ore. How did this person got this amount? Is it a hacker or a normal player that plays a lot? I was surprised.
2-I saw that people were talking about the safe mode control button, that "removed" the familiar button. People said that Nexon is aware of this, that it's a bug. But anyway, what is this Safe Mode control for?
3-When I'm going to any map, sometimes I see mobs concentrated in one place of some map. Is it a bug?
If I miss any words, I'm sorry, English is not my native language and I am not yet fluent. Thanks for the consideration.

Comments

• ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited March 2018
    7000 is definitely suspicious. i hoard a lot and even i only have like under 2000 of any refined plate or crystal.
    I don't have safety mode so i can summon familiar just fine so I don't know what it is
    probably a hacker did that
    White_Shadow
  • White_ShadowWhite_Shadow
    edited March 2018
    Arlong wrote: »
    7000 is definitely suspicious. i hoard a lot and even i only have like under 2000 of any refined plate or crystal.
    I don't have safety mode so i can summon familiar just fine so I don't know what it is
    probably a hacker did that

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunatly I bought some black crystals... I hate hackers. I'll not buy more. I just do not want to get banned by "helping hackers". But I really didn't know about that. Thanks
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited March 2018
    If they farm them on all their characters every day it would be all that hard to amass that amount rather quickly. It may be their major way to making money in the game. I've never seen anyone bot mining especially since they added the annoying directional codes that pop up every attempt or two.

White_Shadow
    edited March 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    If they farm them on all their characters every day it would be all that hard to amass that amount rather quickly. It may be their major way to making money in the game. I've never seen anyone bot mining especially since they added the annoying directional codes that pop up every attempt or two.

Yes, I hadn't remembered about the directional keys. Now I don't know... But for safety, I will not buy more black crystals. I'm afraid of getting banned. I didn't know about it as I said, so I think I shouldn't and won't get banned. I hate cheating/hacking, or taking advantage of them. I do not like to take advantage of bugs as well. Thank you!
    I said that I'm afraid of getting banned because I'm insecure, it's my personality, anything "wrong" that I do I think I will get banned.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Hello maplers! (Bera Server)
    2-I saw that people were talking about the safe mode control button, that "removed" the familiar button. People said that Nexon is aware of this, that it's a bug. But anyway, what is this Safe Mode control for?
    3-When I'm going to any map, sometimes I see mobs concentrated in one place of some map. Is it a bug?
    If I miss any words, I'm sorry, English is not my native language and I am not yet fluent. Thanks for the consideration.

2. Safe mode is basically a mini lock and semi-freezes your game until you put your pin back in (basically it's just there in case you're playing Maplestory on a public computer and leave the computer for a bit, it prevents others from messing with your game when you leave it for like 3mins).
    3. No, it's not a bug, and like someone said, it's the result of a hacker using a "vac(cum)" hack, where all the mobs are 'vac'ed to one location to be to killed.
    edited March 2018
    As I said I bought some black crystals from this big amout. Is this a reason for ban? (I think it was black crystal of hacker)
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited March 2018
    nexon doesn't usually give bans over buying from hackers unless it is a severe case. That is subjective tho. It's always best to be safe than sorry. A hacker doesnt need to bot and mine for black crystals they can just dupe them
    edited March 2018
    Arlong wrote: »
    nexon doesn't usually give bans over buying from hackers unless it is a severe case. That is subjective tho. It's always best to be safe than sorry. A hacker doesnt need to bot and mine for black crystals they can just dupe them

Ok. But now I learned. I will not buy more if I realize that something is wrong. I but some items, but now I will be careful.