[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Searching for items w/AH doesn't function properly

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Auction House, functionality

Brief bug summary: When searching for cash items under "all", upon clicking search, instead of showing all the cash items it only shows hats.

More details: at the category section in the auction house while searching in the cash tab,"all", you end up with hat results instead of all the cash items.
that also happens when clicking on "outfits" in the first item type search, and then "all" in the second and third, and the search would still show only hats instead of all the cash items that are being sold in the auction house.

Steps to reproduce:

1. go to auction house from every major town by clicking on the npc from quick move, or by clicking on ah from the game menu (you must be level 33+)
2. click on the search tab
3. click on cash items
4. make sure to set everything on the item type to "all" and click search
5. make sure to set the first item type to: "outfits", while leaving the second and third on "all"
6. click search

Expected result:

1. searching for cash items in ah while setting the item type to "all" on the three item types, should bring up all of the cash items that are being
sold in the auction house
2. searching for cash items in ah while setting the item type to "outfits" on the first while leaving the second and third options on "all" ,should also bring
up all of the cash items that are being sold in the auction house

Observed result:

1. while searching the auction house for cash items and setting the item type to "all" on three, or "outfits" on first and "all" on the second and third, instead of the search coming up with all the cash items that are currently being sold in the auction house, you only get results for cash hats.

Character name: irrelevant

Character level: irrelevant

Character job: irrelevant

World name: irrelevant

Date and time of the incident: since V.188 TuneUp Update

( Note: that the same exact search results appears when searching for all,oufits,hat )

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    This is still not fixed as of 3rd of January.
    Vimi
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    1. You can only add an item to wishlist if it is present in currently for sale (left tab) or market price. If an item is not currently for sale and has never yet been sold it cannot be added to wishlist. I should be able to add whatever item I want to the wishlist.

2. To try and circumvent #1 I tried listing an item so I can add it to my wishlist, but this is not permitted by the game. This seems like an arbitrary restriction with no reason to exist. I'm not buying my own items, I just want to wishlist it.

I misunderstood the meaning of wishlist (though to be fair it is not well explained). I thought if I wishlisted an item I would be able to see all listings for that item, but it is actually a feature to watch just one particular listing. So the restriction makes sense.

3. Searching using filters does not show all items under that filter, even if it is less than the max number of pages. Ex. If I search for all "legendary" equipment, I should expect to see all legendary accessories, armor, and "etc" (hearts). However, if I then NARROW the search to only include for example accessories, I see items that were not in the broader search. See screenshots below for example. I'm sure this is somehow related to the max page limit but it definitely should not work this way, it's just badly coded.

4. You can't refresh the most recent items put up (the default view when entering AH) without leaving and re-entering auction house.

Wishlist Error
    94EXNV9.png

Searching all legendary equipment
    Awtg03M.png

Searching all legendary accessories (shows items that were not in previous search ???)
    XvCyzPQ.png
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    To add to this:
    If you search for totem under armour, I am getting no resulsts:

Maple_180305_105451.jpg

But if you search for totem under armour -> etc -> totem

I am getting results:

Maple_180305_105434.jpg

If totems are a subset of armour you should be able to search for them in armour.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Adding this to the list of Auction House Problems/Bugs, which some are fixed in KMS, although we shouldn't ignore them on GMS
    better to fix it now then to wait for a new bug to appear.

To clarify: when searching under "cash" with "all" or "outfits" the result you get is only hats, when clicking "all" it should show,
    All the cash items that are currently listed in the auction house.

PS. i noticed that some cash items are not shown even when clicking the exact type ie: Cash>Outfits>Weapon, even though when searching the item in quick search it does show that it's listed and buyable.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2018
    Thanks. It's been forwarded.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2018
    To clarify: when searching under "cash" with "all" or "outfits" the result you get is only hats, when clicking "all" it should show,
    All the cash items that are currently listed in the auction house.

It does. I just checked it personally. It lists hats first. You have to scroll down to see other types of items.

I believe there's a limit on the number of pages it shows in a search; you can't scroll infinitely. You're likely in a server with a lot of people. A lot of people sell a lot of hats. A lot of hats means you hit the page limit before you encounter any other items.
    As for why there's a limit to begin with, I would have to guess it's to reduce loading time. The auction house appears to load all searched items at once, which makes it faster for the user to scroll through, but also increases the initial search time and memory usage drastically when the search parameters are wide.

So, yeah. It looks like a quirk in the system is that lists with a large number of results are truncated oddly, which prevents the user from lagging out during a search, but the system itself is working fine.
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

that's kind of an unacceptable limitation.. no other auction house in any other game is just like "yeah we don't feel like showing you any more items sorry". Searching from a database with sorting and pagination is a well defined problem in computer science with many solutions... any competent developer or even computer science major can write a query that gets the Nth page of items with arbitrary filters (potential, level, category etc) and ordering.. and this would be even faster on first load than the current "get first 300 items" which apparently is what is currently being used. There's no excuse for such a shoddy implementation.