[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Final Update Regarding the Kanna Bans

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited November 2017 in Announcements
Over the past weeks, we’ve seen Maplers express their concerns in regards to playing Kanna, due to a risk of potentially getting banned.

We would like to confirm with the community that we fully understand where these concerns stem from. This ultimately led us towards performing extensive investigations into each account during the period of Kanna bans.

After having investigated each case, here is what was decided:
  • Bans from this particular group of Kanna bans were revoked. Any accounts that are still banned after this action are due to illegitimate program detections unrelated to these Kanna bans.
  • Compensation is being planned for all Kanna characters who were previously banned due to this particular detection.
  • Maplers should have no concerns when playing Kanna legitimately moving forward.
  • We deeply apologize to legitimate Maplers who were caught between our efforts to address the issue of hackers in MapleStory.

We will do our best to avoid these cases from happening again in the future and continue to combat against the usage of illegitimate programs.

Thank you,

- The MapleStory Team
SherriClunkerspepeDaisukeHarutodarikManiOhKajichuu

Comments

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited November 2017
    Thank you Arwoo. I was afraid to train up a Kanna on Bera due to that. I have one but I kept chickening out of maps when a name like j9094dsfb would pop up in fear that something would trigger and my account would be toast.
  • ClunkersClunkers
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2017
    Good to hear the official response :) Will still be recording and streaming just in case but good to hear it seems to be over and solved. (PS please do not let this happen again D:)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Thank you for this update, Arwoo.

I am glad to hear that legitimate Kannas players should no longer fear being auto-banned, and that the ones who were banned will be unbanned and compensated.

I am sad to hear that cheaters will also be unbanned, and rewarded ("compensated"), for swamping the system with fake ban appeals.

I hope this incident does not discourage the team from developing more automatic hack-detection tools. I firmly believe that properly tuned automatic hack detection is much more effective than patrolling GMs.
    darik
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I firmly believe that properly tuned automatic hack detection is much more effective than patrolling GMs.

we still have those?
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2017
    Thank you for the update Arwoo, can't wait to play on my kanna it feels like its been forever.
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2017
    goooood to hear it got resolved.

now about 2 things

1) i still didnt see any respond about my message with eu reboot (almost another 2-3 months since you said they think about it)

2) if hackers are such a big problem and they cant hire more gms. how about decreasing the amount of normal servers by merging them together?
    ems had less hacker problems, because we only had 2 worlds and the gm could focus more easily.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2017
    I am wondering what would cause that o-0 I could get to 300 monsters added into collection by farming on my Kanna the weekend before the special collection event started.

Like that time when players would d/c when Rage is activated and having %chance to ignore %dmg potential.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    So, it's safe to play Kanna now?
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I hope it is. It better be safe. I miss my Kanna so much reeee

Though she's still gonna be weak =_=
  • asiandude25asiandude25
    Reactions: 325
    edited November 2017
    Got my account back! Thank you very much!
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    xCora wrote: »
    goooood to hear it got resolved.

now about 2 things

1) i still didnt see any respond about my message with eu reboot (almost another 2-3 months since you said they think about it)

2) if hackers are such a big problem and they cant hire more gms. how about decreasing the amount of normal servers by merging them together?
    ems had less hacker problems, because we only had 2 worlds and the gm could focus more easily.

I already asked on a stream about the eu reboot and arwoo already said that he doesnt have any new information on it so i guess is the same info they told us a few months ago.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    thanks for the work in the past few weeks arwoo

but i would like to add on this
    would have been nice if GM's and other nexon stuff did know about this case instead only investigation team
    they could have calm people at tickets with "we do investigate a isssue we cant say much we are sorry etc etc your ban will remain during this period and we try our best to work on this case"
    but all they did was without chek or explain give final word to all hacking.permanent ban remains and no future explain
    (even hackers gets lower punishment " only offrank", "short temp ban" ... )
    this also throws bad rep on ticket system that they do "auto" MSG and gives less and les trust include live chat aswell
    am happy that truth come at end for my friend and got unban (alltho was his only kish mule) but the frustration during this period 3-4weeks wasnt nice

hope the team take notes and do some changes

• TropismTropism
    Reactions: 1,415
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the update mate. Good luck to all the Kanna's and training <3
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited February 2018
    well i can put this to rest, i am glad my kanna is already at a level she needs to be for her link skill to be used sence its hard to level them now.
    Lilyflower
  • KajichuuKajichuu
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2018
    Does reporting people even do anything? like should i even bother? nothing ever seems to come from it and hackers will always be around. bums me out seeing an AFK character who is like 20 lvls higher than me and hes j***ing off somewhere while we all actually are trying at our own paces to climb the level ladder.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2018
    Kajichuu wrote: »
    Does reporting people even do anything? like should i even bother? nothing ever seems to come from it and hackers will always be around. bums me out seeing an AFK character who is like 20 lvls higher than me and hes j***ing off somewhere while we all actually are trying at our own paces to climb the level ladder.

Yes it does and it is appreciated if you keep reporting those you come across.
  • MatmonMatmon
    Reactions: 100
    Is it safe to make Kanna now?