[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher force to download&reinstall

JulyJuly
Reactions: 2,720
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
Bug type:
Nexon Launcher not working ok

Brief bug summary:
Nexon Launcher force me to download the game all over again.

More details:
Today my game crashed and caused my laptop to restart. After i opened Nexon Launcher it said "Download" instead of "Play".. while game already installed and it not my first time using Nexon Launcher... now i need to wait and download 9.90GB.. wtf? that's ridiculous!

Steps to reproduce:

I don't know.. try to close game in abnormal situation..

Date and time of the incident:

Today, 3/15/2017

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Exit out of the launcher completely (find the icon in your task bar, right click, and select "exit"). If you want to play it safe you can also try a full shutdown/restart afterwards. Then, open the launcher's game files (default: C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory), and delete the contents of the patchdata folder (not the folder itself). Open the launcher again and select "Repair installation".
  • JulyJuly
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Exit out of the launcher completely (find the icon in your task bar, right click, and select "exit"). If you want to play it safe you can also try a full shutdown/restart afterwards. Then, open the launcher's game files (default: C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory), and delete the contents of the patchdata folder (not the folder itself). Open the launcher again and select "Repair installation".

Hey, thanks for the reply. I did every step you said, when i clicked "Repair installation" it did "verifying..." for 3-5 seconds and than start again to download 9.90GB..

• Spongew0wSpongew0w
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2017
    its happening to me too... please help
  • JulyJuly
    edited March 2017
    It's done downloading and installing, and now i have maplestory installed twice in my computer.. one installed here:
    C:\Nexon\MapleStory
    and one installed here:
    C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata

what should i keep?

My Nexon folder size:
    37.7 GB (40,501,551,180 bytes)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    July wrote: »
    It's done downloading and installing, and now i have maplestory installed twice in my computer.. one installed here:
    C:\Nexon\MapleStory
    and one installed here:
    C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata

what should i keep?

My Nexon folder size:
    37.7 GB (40,501,551,180 bytes)

That sounds like you had Maplestory already installed before the launcher and the launcher just wasn't detecting it. You should keep the C:\Nexon\Library one; that's the default path for any Nexon game installed via their launcher and that path is more centralized if you ever install any other Nexon games. You could keep the earlier one and fiddle with the installation path in the launcher settings, though.
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited April 2017
    This bug keeps happening still to me too every time the game or my computer crushes, the launcher requires me to install the game anew and doesn't detect the old installation on which it worked before just fine.
  • ZèphyrZèphyr
    edited July 2017
    I've got the fix.

Steps.

1. find your installation folder.
    2. when you find that click your settings (in the Nexon Launcher) and click "Game Install / update"
    3. Once there click "Change folder"
    4. After you clicked that change the location to "Nexon", if installed before it should have a folder called "maplestory" in the nexon folder.
    5. Now when you go back to the launcher and click download there should be a pop up which makes you select the download location. If this says "[Drive]/Nexon/maplestory" you should be good.
    6. when started the download it should automatically find your installation, verify it and you'll be able to play within 5 seconds.
  • Yulius01Yulius01
    Nothing has worked for me... has anybody else came up with another solution?
    I'm not willing to reinistall the game everytime this happens..
  • Xylonator5Xylonator5
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2018

This has happened to me twice in the past 3 days, first time I just reinstalled it, but this time, i want to fix, because i was playing with a friend
    What happened was that I restarted my PC after closing maplestory because of lag, and I guess that's what triggered the glitch
    But now I'll try restarting Nexon Launcher
  • Xylonator5Xylonator5
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2018
    Xylonator5 wrote: »

This has happened to me twice in the past 3 days, first time I just reinstalled it, but this time, i want to fix, because i was playing with a friend
    What happened was that I restarted my PC after closing maplestory because of lag, and I guess that's what triggered the glitch
    But now I'll try restarting Nexon Launcher

Still not working, any of it, I have MapleStory 2 Beta, and i need to ReDownload it, but as for MapleStory Classic, I *just* need to "Update" for 11.7 Download and 12.3 install
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad
  • ZakayenZakayen
    I have selected an install location but it still installs under the default location.

I select change folder and it pulls up the location I selected, when I select open game location it opens the default location....
  • LethargusAgonyuLethargusAgonyu
    hey guys, this is the thing i do when that happend and works to me. u need.
    1. When Nexon dont detect ur download; go to where u install the game. (mapleStory, Vindictus, etc). take all archives and create a backup folder where u pull all archives of the game in that.
    2. unistall the game.
    3. when u download again the game select the same place as u intall the game where its installed before.
    4. let the game install some 50 mb. stop the donwload.
    5. go to the game folder and put the backup in there.
    6. go to the option of the game launcher and select repair installation. just wait when that finish.
    7. enjoy in the game