[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

SCARLET RING BAD CHANGE

calypso008calypso008
Reactions: 100
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Good afternoon. I strongly suggest reconsidering the change they made to the item ¨Scarlet Ring¨
I bought the scarlet ring thinking about using my tyrant belt. but this apparently does not work. spend a lot of time and money buying this ring and the description of the item says that if you complete any set for lack of equipment.
You can not tell me that. I work all day, almost only play at night. and in the description of the item it still says it works. it can not be possible.
thanks for your time. I will play less and less now until you reconsidered this change.

Regards

Comments

• thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited March 2018
    You could just get a secondary pendant slot, a monthly one with RP is good enough. Then get two pendants, ring and earrings.

I rather getting the old system which the scarlet ring goes to highest set ID, but only goes to 1 set.

As for this current system, Nexon just fixed the fact you can no longer get double ring. Having a second ring including scarlet ring was actually a bug.

The old system i talked about, what was great is you could get pendant, ring, earrings and scarlet ring to get full superior gollux set, then getting Reaper pendant and Tyrant belt. That is an idea.
  • calypso008calypso008
    edited March 2018
    I understand what I have to do to obtain the effect, that of two superior pendants. the problem is that the minimum amount of RP that I collected use in cubes, because my rank is still low and I need to keep going up. If I had known that this ring would not work, I would not spend so much on it, nexon fails me because it did not make the change correctly by leaving it in the description of the item that is still working to replace a piece of the set.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    calypso008 wrote: »
    I understand what I have to do to obtain the effect, that of two superior pendants. the problem is that the minimum amount of RP that I collected use in cubes, because my rank is still low and I need to keep going up. If I had known that this ring would not work, I would not spend so much on it, nexon fails me because it did not make the change correctly by leaving it in the description of the item that is still working to replace a piece of the set.

But it does work to replace a piece of the set - if that piece is actually missing. If your set's ring is already present, it doesn't need replacing.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited March 2018
    It wasn't a bug. The scarlet ring clearly showed the multiple lines for sets in the results in the rings setup before the nerf. If it wasn't intended to do that originally they would have never added a second line to show the multiple set effects the ring applied too. It was just a scam change to get people to have to go out and spend money to obtain and make all new items or recube existing items to make up for the sudden loss in power from the nerf. No excuses or false truths are going to cover that up from either **** moderators or yes men players. I expect more of this kind of thing in the future from a company who blatantly seeks to steal my money and hard work out from under me without any compensation for the things they arbitrarily decide no longer need to function as they were originally intended. Meanwhile the game is drowning in meso sellers and botters with very little being done to solve the problem.... Nexon Global has all the wrong priorities when it comes to running this game.
    calypso008
  • calypso008calypso008
    edited March 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    It wasn't a bug. The scarlet ring clearly showed the multiple lines for sets in the results in the rings setup before the nerf. If it wasn't intended to do that originally they would have never added a second line to show the multiple set effects the ring applied too. It was just a scam change to get people to have to go out and spend money to obtain and make all new items or recube existing items to make up for the sudden loss in power from the nerf. No excuses or false truths are going to cover that up from either **** moderators or yes men players. I expect more of this kind of thing in the future from a company who blatantly seeks to steal my money and hard work out from under me without any compensation for the things they arbitrarily decide no longer need to function as they were originally intended. Meanwhile the game is drowning in meso sellers and botters with very little being done to solve the problem.... Nexon Global has all the wrong priorities when it comes to running this game.

This is.
    I spent a lot of time to buy that ring and use my belt. They damaged everything and they took away the desire to play
  • calypso008calypso008
    edited March 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    calypso008 wrote: »

But it does work to replace a piece of the set - if that piece is actually missing. If your set's ring is already present, it doesn't need replacing.

i need replace mi belt. i have sup ring, earrings and pendant.
  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    It's ridiculous.
    If the item was fixed the moment it came out, then it would have been fine since no one is at loss. Changing the functionality of the ring YEARS later is outrageous. Wasting people's money, time and turning an item into something worthless. Along with this change, and a cash item that didn't even work (ended up expiring, GMs saying they're working on it and won't give compensation), I'm actually frustrated with this game. Literally stealing money with no refund or consideration for the players that paid for their company.
  • FluorescingFluorescing
    Reactions: 590
    edited March 2018
    They should revert the functionality, and keep it as it originally was (whether glitch or not). Just like every other item that has this, future duplicates can be made without affecting the original. There was no mention of whether it was an exploited glitch or not, so it makes no sense to take away from the legitimate.
  • calypso008calypso008
    edited March 2018
    It's ridiculous.
    If the item was fixed the moment it came out, then it would have been fine since no one is at loss. Changing the functionality of the ring YEARS later is outrageous. Wasting people's money, time and turning an item into something worthless. Along with this change, and a cash item that didn't even work (ended up expiring, GMs saying they're working on it and won't give compensation), I'm actually frustrated with this game. Literally stealing money with no refund or consideration for the players that paid for their company.

It is for this reason that I have decided to stop playing.