[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Removal of /Find command + Teleport rock option

Comments

• LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2018
    Nexon has always favored hackers. This change to help protect them more is no surprise.
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited March 2018
    Nexon has always favored hackers. This change to help protect them more is no surprise.

Haha, of course, I'm glad that we still have a few people like you who actually understand and saw the truth through nexon.

About 60-70% of the population in Bera are botters and hackers, so of course they'd rather protect most of their players, duh.
    ManiOh
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018

Haha, of course, I'm glad that we still have a few people like you who actually understand and saw the truth through nexon.

About 60-70% of the population in Bera are botters and hackers, so of course they'd rather protect most of their players, duh.

=)

watch ouuut watch outtttt
    dont public point at them,name and shame not good
    sadly they got rights in this game aswell

• Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,880
    edited March 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »

=)

watch ouuut watch outtttt
    dont public point at them,name and shame not good
    they got right in this game to :)

Everyone knows who they are and I'll continue reporting all illegitimate players as usual

I just don't understand what Nexon is thinking with this change. They ask for proof but make it harder and harder for legit players to get anything... They are in need of player support but at the same time they step on our feet
    Nibbo
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited March 2018
    Nexon has removed the ./find which means from now on we can no longer ./find people/friends/hackers, in other words, hackers don't even need to bother to go on "Offline mode", because nobody can ./find them anymore and report them (though it was useless and pointless anyway, lol) but now hackers/botters are even more safe, because people can't even bother them now, hackers always won at the end, but this time they won BIG time, it's like they're (nexon) trying to protect hackers.... real absurd....
    Sam016ManiOhNibbo
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited March 2018
    Who really cares? So they removed /find function and you can't track down botters anymore. Big deal. It's not like number of botters were going down anyway. It's an issue they will never ever solve.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    People were able to log onto another mule after being blacklisted and /find you prior to this change. If you were being harassed by someone, there was no avoiding it because of how blacklist worked and it could easily be worked around. This change protects players from being bullied in this game, and I like this change. You guys are acting like this is about protecting hackers/botters when it isn't, it's about protecting players that are getting bullied/harassed.
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited March 2018
    Sorrow wrote: »
    People were able to log onto another mule after being blacklisted and /find you prior to this change. If you were being harassed by someone, there was no avoiding it because of how blacklist worked and it could easily be worked around. This change protects players from being bullied in this game, and I like this change. You guys are acting like this is about protecting hackers/botters when it isn't, it's about protecting players that are getting bullied/harassed.

blocking whispers / going offline mode was too much? It was introduced in KMS because of streamers and other famous players being stalked.

The situation is not the same as KMS as everyone else has already said
    Nibbo
  • NibboNibbo
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I think it's more important to deal with hackers as this is a bigger issue. As probably half of Maple servers overall are hackers, if they were able to clean the game perhaps people would actually start enjoying the game more and more people would want to play. But what's more important is that they actually need to LISTEN to the community and do something about the tickets they get.
  • NibboNibbo
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Who really cares? So they removed /find function and you can't track down botters anymore. Big deal. It's not like number of botters were going down anyway. It's an issue they will never ever solve.

I think if more people actually bothered to take action, they might do something about it.
    Sam016
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Nibbo wrote: »
    I think it's more important to deal with hackers as this is a bigger issue. As probably half of Maple servers overall are hackers, if they were able to clean the game perhaps people would actually start enjoying the game more and more people would want to play. But what's more important is that they actually need to LISTEN to the community and do something about the tickets they get.
    They can deal with hackers by updating their NGS and taking care of it with in-game detections. Manually reporting in 2018 when there are sophisticated anti hacks out there is senseless. Protecting players from being bullied is more important than being able to /find hackers. Again, if they invested more into hack detection there would be no need for players to do something that is really not their responsibility.
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited March 2018
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/28489/scheduled-minor-patch-march-8-2018

Still no mention... Seriously?

You guys don't even have enough GM's to keep up with the hacker reports and you shut down one of the only ways where players can help you find evidence

Either step up your efforts against hackers or let legit players help you
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited March 2018
    Reporting them is useless anyway. I have reported the hackers/botters and they will still be in same place hours later doing their thing without any change. The botters and meso sellers are taking over the game because Nexon has allowed them too. There is almost no region I can go to where I don't see active botting or evidence of recent botting going on. There is already huge chunks of content that is unavailable because Nexon threaten PLAYERS for expulsion from the game for gaming on the same maps as botters but there are literally one or more hackers on every map in these portions of the game. Nexon has given the players no options if they want to experience that content. Yet the player faces the wrath of company while the botters roll on unencumbered. Clean up the game already.
    ManiOhSam016
  • ThatOneKannaThatOneKanna
    Reactions: 220
    edited March 2018
    Really in the battle of "Nexon VS Hackers" the hackers win every time, to deal with a tool used by hackers nexon needs to make an update and patch it into the game, taking down the server. All the hackers need to do is figure out a way to bypass nexon's fix.
    Really it boils down to nexon's solutions being little more than band aids for a gaping, festering wound, all they do is treat the symptoms. If they really wanted to stop the hackers they only need to remove the incentives for the botters, which amounts to getting rid of their customers.
    Sam016
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited March 2018
    I just wanted to mention that while it has become extremely hard for me to track down and report hackers, The GM team has managed to ban 5 of the 10+ hackers I have managed to record

While it took them quiet awhile to do so, I'm still happy to see them act (though I hope they can speed it up.. :()
    AKradian
  • KweoKweo
    Reactions: 1,035
    edited March 2018
    Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I think the removal of a global /find option was justified.

When it comes to hackers and botters, /find was a very powerful tool to investigate them. Here lies the problem: where do you draw the line between someone just 'investigating' , and stalking and harassment?

I believe that the player's duty is to report suspicious activities, hackers and botters as they come across them while they play the game. I think its outside of their duty to actually investigate such matters themselves (this is the job of the GM's). Basically, players play the game, GM's police the game. I don't think there was any intention for players to take on this role of policing or investigating suspicious activities.

Restricting the /find to friends and guild members is what many other games also do for privacy reasons and to prevent bad player behaviors (such as following someone that does not want to be followed). Players should have some right to privacy from other players if they desire it.
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited March 2018
    The amount of hackers infesting the ranks is getting rediculous and we still don't have an offical reply..
  • Sam016Sam016
    edited March 2018
    Sorry for bumping but we have off ranked hackers just climbing to 250 now without much of a problem due to no way of tracking them at all.

Why are these players even allowed back in game if they hack straight away???
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    ye lol offrank hackers but perm false ban other :)
    that luna 62dojo person just got offrank :(
    meanwhile from nexon i get warning to stop write about luna rankings and threat to get ban if i keep pointing/link
    (obvious breaking things from rank that get ignored in tickets)
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited March 2018
    If we remove hackers from the equation, would anyone miss it for any other reason?