[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please bring back GameLauncher!

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please bring back GameLauncher.exe/Direct launch
    my reason for this is:
  • 1.The nexon launcher always forces you to redownload the whole game, when updates, or minor patches occur.
  • 2.There is no way to change accounts without exiting the game
  • 3.The Nexon Launcher have many stability issues ( outside and inside of the game )
  • 4.When gamelauncher/Direct launch existed, we didn't had as much problems as now,ie: when trying to launch the game, or even mid play. ( you could get a runtime error/crash, or simply it won't launch at all)
  • 5.Every other Maplestory service uses gamelauncher.exe/directlaunch (Including KMS), The only other known region that uses the nexon launcher is THMS, but they got the same problems that we face, because of their choice to use the Nexon launcher instead of Gamelauncher/direct launch.
  • 6.I Believe that if GMS were once again would be utilizing GameLauncher.exe ( many of our current problems would disappers or, massively reduced )
LightningSpark
  1. Should we get GameLauncher.exe/Direct Launcher Back?28 votes
    1. Yes
       96% (27 votes)
    2. No
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I agree.
    It's been way too long since Nexon decided to "focus their efforts" on Nexon Launcher, and it still can't reliably do basic stuff like download, install, patch, and launch.
    If the purpose was the somehow thwart hackers, then it obviously failed. They have their own launchers that bypass Nexon Launcher and also NGS.
    If the purpose was to bring the web notices closer to the players, then that's no longer needed, because we have the Maple News feature inside the game now.

So, please, give us back our old, primitive, but functional GameLauncher.exe, while you work on making the snazzy new Nexon Launcher function at least as well where it counts.
    PhantomMasterThiefMisterPENGUIN
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    YES it would make logging on my alts not a chore for all these hot weeks to come
  • LightningSparkLightningSpark
    Reactions: 575
    edited January 2018
    Yea, please bring back the launcher it was so much better then this one!
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Can we get official response?, after all, we do use this launcher to launch the game, and when there are problems, it affects Everyone.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    The good thing about Gamelauncher was it didn't need to load or update itself as much as Nexon launcher does. We can agree that having other games bunched into the Nexon launcher isn't working out, as well as they hoped it did.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Can we have an update on this ?
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    dont think they will giveup at this point just move on steam
    altho patching on nexon launcher its faster and better
    would you like to face with "slow patching" or often runtime issue/failed to load and other error but faster patching ?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2018
    I believe their main reasoning was for a central hub for all Nexon titles. So we wouldn't need different user names and passwords for each game.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I believe their main reasoning was for a central hub for all Nexon titles. So we wouldn't need different user names and passwords for each game.

You wouldn't need them regardless.
    All Nexon games use your "Nexon Passport" that you create on the website. It's always been that way, since long before Nexon launcher or even web launch.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    Reactions: 1,230
    I wholeheartedly agree. The current Windows 10 Updates to Windows Defender is interfering with Nexons Security measures when the games launches, treating the game like malware. You cannot fully disable Windows Defender, so it still runs a security programs in the background that you can view in Task Manager. It also interferes with Nexon Launcher. Windows Defender even monitors and controls connection to your computer and will shut off your wifi, dsl, or any other connection causing massive problems.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited March 2018
    Actually I would prefer no Game Launcher at all. Just download the MSgame.exe or whatever it was called. Why? With all these game issues I had to redownload the game several times just so I could install it again and 11GB is no small thing. I see no benefit in this Launcher thingy.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Actually I would prefer no Game Launcher at all. Just download the MSgame.exe or whatever it was called. Why? With all these game issues I had to redownload the game several times just so I could install it again and 11GB is no small thing. I see no benefit in this Launcher thingy.

What i'm suggesting is the OLD game launcher, that worked wonderfully, NOT the NEXON Launcher.
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    edited March 2018
    Well, I still prefer downloading the Maple Story exe file alone and playing it by itself without going throught a launcher.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Well, I still prefer downloading the Maple Story exe file alone and playing it by itself without going throught a launcher.

So just like in KMS, you Double Click on GameLauncher.exe, it shows a pop-up , you choose either launch directly or through the web-site , but i heard the web-site launch has many problems )
  • YamiTetsuyaYamiTetsuya
    edited March 2018
    Oh, I see. Btw... what happened to web-site launcher? I remember there used to be one for global, too.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Oh, I see. Btw... what happened to web-site launcher? I remember there used to be one for global, too.

they canceled it out a long time ago , also web-site launcher would be worse then the NEXON Launcher.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    So with what has happened with our Nexon Launcher today, i want to bring up this topic again,
    PLEASE NEXON, I'm begging you to Re-consider bringing back Game Launcher, we have had so much less issues with GameLauncher it it's not even funny anymore, it's just sad :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    I agree, and will bring it up again to Nexon.
    PhantomMasterThief