[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory M

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited October 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
I want eet, but I doubt we'll get it.
https://orangemushroom.net/2016/10/13/maplestory-m/

Comments

• GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2016
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2016
    ...not pocket maplestory - that's been out for quite awhile. Perhaps I should have been more specific. *updating 1st post*
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Honestly this makes me sad. They would rather abandon what they have already worked on to produce a new product that they will likely abandon in a few months again.

I do not understand why they felt the need to do this unless sales were falling so much that they decided they needed those sales on cubes for a phone version of MS.
    JettLuvsU
  • MattoneMattone
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Honestly this makes me sad. They would rather abandon what they have already worked on to produce a new product that they will likely abandon in a few months again.

I do not understand why they felt the need to do this unless sales were falling so much that they decided they needed those sales on cubes for a phone version of MS.

Pocket maplestory is an entirely different type of game from MapleM. MapleM is attempting to be an extremely compact version of maple tossed on phones, and obviously designed to suck mobile money. Pocket is like a single player grindfest with some optional multiplayer content. Not that M isn't grindy, goodness no, past level 35 you stop getting quests entirely.

And it's not like pocket is being abandoned. It JUST, not even two weeks ago, got an update adding kinesis to the game (he's much more fun than blaze wiz by the by). They're two entirely separate development teams. I'd suggest instead of talking about how they're abandoning it and all that nonsense you instead look at the game they're "abandoning" in the first place. For pocket maple, too, has cubes. It's much much more cash-grabby on top of that, since cubes can't be acquired without special events or login checks, and the best gear can only be acquired through gacha and numerous rerolls of various traits including potentials. In maple M you can get occult/strange cubes from dungeons starting at level 60, and boss mobs around that point too, just like the actual game, and the best gear is stuff from the higher end bosses.

The point i'm trying to get at here is they're two very, very different games. You can enjoy both, and there's no reason to think they're abandoning either one. Obviously maple M is getting the fanfare and events right now because it's new. Nexon does this with every mobile game they put out. Super fantasy war/fantasy war tactics had a crossover event with maplestory and maplestory 2 when it came out. OBVIOUSLY they're going to hype up a mobile game based on one of their higher earning IPs, when they have a pc game with the same name.

Now, you want to talk about abandoning games they already made, let's talk about the reused assets from maplestory live to pocket maplestory. Now THAT is some scummy stuff.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I wasn't referring to them abandoning Pocket Maplestory, I was referring to all of the products they've put in MS that they have abandoned. Bits system. Monster farm. Star Planet. They have a great game with regular MS. If they would simply focus all of their resources on it then it would be amazing and they would be making all the money they need, but instead they waste a lot of development time on side projects and whatnot that will never get as much attention as they need to be truly great, all the while more or less ignoring the actual game.
    Lilyflower
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2016
    lets hope it doesnt flop like the last 40 mobile games they made for maple
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    ehh nah maple is only forever a 2D p/c game and definitely not on our phones since the screen is so small and the maps are so wide
    Lilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Hmmm.... Nexon America is hiring a CM and GM for MapleStory Mobile.
    http://www.nexon.net/corporate/careers/all-jobs/
    Does that mean it's coming here?
    And why are those jobs "contract"?
    Lilyflower
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    they have pocket maple alrdy o-o
    Lilyflower
  • littledrummlittledrumm
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited September 2017
    unfortunately pocket maplestory and the korean pms is going away forever.
  • littledrummlittledrumm
    edited September 2017
    and plus nexon america does not offer mobile games support as of now.
  • littledrummlittledrumm
    edited December 2017
    i am currently playing maplestory m is this game and its awesome
  • littledrummlittledrumm
    edited December 2017
    only because i understand the language....
  • littledrummlittledrumm
    edited March 2018
    maplestory m is coming to america it will be available everywhere except korea japan china
  • littledrummlittledrumm
    edited March 2018
    it will be a world wide server almost world wide server except china korea and japan. korea already has one and i don't know if japan does?