[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Was reset changed?

Reactions: 735
edited March 2018 in General Chat
Did I miss something in the update notice about the server reset now?
Seems to me that the reset no longer resets the day like it used to, at 7PM EST the daily stuff reset, that doesn't appear to be the case unless it's because Nexon hasn't pushed the clock ahead an hour so hopefully the reset is in 3 minutes from my post because it's 7:58 PM right now EST.

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited March 2018
    UTC does not have day light savings. Your time changed not the server time.
    edited March 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    UTC does not have day light savings. Your time changed not the server time.

Moral of the story is server resets an hour after the old time... Noted...
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Server time itself is unchanged for UTC. For North America users, daytime savings has pushed 1 hour later. So now the reset for them is 5 PM PST/8 PM EST.
    edited March 2018
    Eh that would be a good move then to use UTC wouldn't require a server check to adjust the Daylight Saving ..
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    Eh that would be a good move then to use UTC wouldn't require a server check to adjust the Daylight Saving ..

If you're saying that reset time should be changed, no, then everywhere that doesn't follow Daylight Saving has to adjust.
    Also, this whole conversation happened when NA moved their clocks the other way like 6 months ago. >.>
    RadiantSight
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited March 2018
    Maple Story is literally a slight pain to play when you live in a country that follows Daylight Savings. If you are occupied in the morning/afternoons, you pretty much have one less hour to do everything before you go back to your normal routine day. It is pretty much 6PM reset for me.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Maple Story is literally a slight pain to play when you live in a country that follows Daylight Savings. If you are occupied in the morning/afternoons, you pretty much have one less hour to do everything before you go back to your normal routine day. It is pretty much 6PM reset for me.

No matter where you live, a Maple day is 24 hours long.
    Flemshin
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited March 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

No matter where you live, a Maple day is 24 hours long.

Assuming some people will put the extra hour at night or daytime. Not everyone has that.

Regardless, I'm more neutral to it since I do got some time afternoons and Nexon is starting to make event times 24/7 which is great, even though flag race and Kritias invasion still run in UTC time.
    YinYangX