[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory FEST Applications Open!

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited March 2018 in Vault
Hi Maplers!

For those who haven't heard, Nexon America will be hosting an event in April centered around MapleStory. We're looking forward to meeting hundreds of you guys and we have a lot of activities planned for this one day event!

Check out the details on our main website and don't forget to send in an application if you're interested:
http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/maplestoryfest

Feel free to discuss here and I'll try my best to go through and answer questions that I can.

Comments

• Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited March 2018
    Hi Arwoo!!

Are you able to disclose the capacity for the event? How many people will be accepted to come?
  • hidekisloverhidekislover
    Reactions: 700
    edited March 2018
    Can we submit more than one artwork in our applications? Or are we limited to one?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2018
    Questions from my Father:
    Where in LA is this taking place?
    When do we need to be there?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2018
    Hopefully, the convention center, I live near it.

And hopefully we get to meet that cutie Min Kim.
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited March 2018
    Ludus22 wrote: »
    Hi Arwoo!!

Are you able to disclose the capacity for the event? How many people will be accepted to come?

Hi Ludus! We're looking at potentially inviting around 400 from those that apply.
    Can we submit more than one artwork in our applications? Or are we limited to one?

You're more than welcomed to submit more than one!
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Questions from my Father:
    Where in LA is this taking place?
    When do we need to be there?

The exact location will be delivered to those that are selected from the applications. This will also include the details such as when the doors will be open.
    Hopefully, the convention center, I live near it.

And hopefully we get to meet that cutie Min Kim.

I'm hoping to have everyone get the chance to meet the devs outside of the Q&A, but we'll see!
    DarkPassenger
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Sadly I won't be applying due to working during the month, but I wish anyone applying the best of luck. :)
  • YoshumariYoshumari
    Reactions: 2,075
    edited March 2018
    Well then... I'll see about repairing, rebuilding, and refreshing my costume I wore at Anime LA and bringing it with me!

Y.K.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited March 2018
    Yoshumari wrote: »
    Well then... I'll see about repairing, rebuilding, and refreshing my costume I wore at Anime LA and bringing it with me!

Y.K.

Same, Im working on refreshing my Cygnus cosplay I made in Middle school (still fits!) since my Dad gave me the OK to apply.
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I was among those falsely banned since January. Activity seems to be one of the criteria so will this adversely affect me?
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited March 2018
    If you were falsely banned and released then that should have no effect on your application.
    Activity is also not a determining factor as we'd like to invite both existing fans and our fans of the past!

Also, I was updated that we'd be inviting more along the lines of 450 Maplers.
  • MattyMatty
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Sweet, thanks!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited March 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    If you were falsely banned and released then that should have no effect on your application.
    Activity is also not a determining factor as we'd like to invite both existing fans and our fans of the past!

Also, I was updated that we'd be inviting more along the lines of 450 Maplers.

I really hope Ill get to be one of them Arwoo, looking forward to it :3
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited March 2018
    i really hope during the f&Q someone that attent could ask about eu reboot situation

it has been months again without any new news.
    slowly its getting ridiculouse
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited March 2018
    oh and i just checked the last time a admin responded was april 2017

ALMOST 1 YEAR
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited March 2018
    I want to go but i cant renew my expired passport in time to cross the border and drive south to maple fest :(
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2018
    I hope whoever goes to the Q&A session has their questions prepared and written down ahead of time. Come up with 5 or 6 questions and then cross them off your list if someone else asks it, or ask for further clarification on topics where you think something was missed.

Speak loudly and clearly.

This one of the best opportunities to try and get answers. Even if we don't necessarily like the response it would still be somewhat preferable to the months of silence we normally get.
  • Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited March 2018
    As a local in CA and a mapler for most of my life, I really hope i get the invite! I cant wait :3
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    edited March 2018
    Someone should bring up the Gollux shop item restriction :V
  • Ray18317Ray18317
    Reactions: 200
    How do I personally message you about my situation?
  • QuunQuun
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2018
    What are the restrictions for my guest as a +1? I recall the application saying that +1's don't get the special gifts.
    Basically, what are the differences between the guest and the people directly invited- and what can they take part in?