[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Restore True Freeze & Revamp I/L & Explorer Mages

RyoManRyoMan
Reactions: 1,230
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Freezing was never a OP skill, because we still died relatively fast, even back in old maple. Freeze never worked on bosses and some mobs were immune to it, not to mention all mobs were immune to it if they were higher lvl than you. Freezing worked just like Paralyze, in the same way, but Ice. This skill is vital to the our survival rate and what made I/L Mages Unique, like Poison Mist for F/P mages. Without it we have been a underwhelming class, riddled with nerfs so much so, that the class active spells take for ever to cast and teleport is a second off sync when pressing the key. Chain Lighting attack power, speed cast, and attack speed is snail pace when compare side by side with other classes. Ice Orb which is an awesome skill, need some improvements in casting speed (sooo slow ) and attacking speed (even slower), this skill should be restore to the same values it was when it was first introduced.

For All Explorer Mages:

Magic Guard Buff - Magic Guard is our One and Only Defense Buff. Over the years it have been getting Nerfed, when Magic Guard was never remotely OP at all. It went from having your MP absorb all attacks, to now having some attacks (most mobs over lvl 200) being able to bypass the MG and directly attacking HP. We went from being Squishy to teetering on 1H-2HKO's everywhere after lvl 150+. Restore the old values of letting MP absorbs all attacks, and let Magic Guard scale in strength as the character advances from 1st Job to 2nd and so on.

MP Eater - This Skill was vital in our survival, because we could steal MP from mobs as we attack, boosting Magic Guard effectiveness, while saving on pots. Without this skill to aid in our defense, we mages are left wide open like wounded animals. Also, let this skill Auto Buff in effect as the character advances in jobs, so that MP absorption rate can complement the growth of the MP bar and lvl of mobs.

Spell Booster - This skill is vital to our attack speed. It need a well over do buff in speed, so our attack rates aren't archaic, compare to other classes with blitzing attack speed.

For I/L - Thunder Spear - Please give us this skill again. With all of the imaginative and creative attacks of the other classes, Thunder Spear can have a new life of its own. This was our old bossing skill and it would be nice to see it make a return and join the ranks of the skills we have now, so we are not 1 dimensional.

Please consider retooling Explorer Mages so we can compete with other classes, in terms of mobility, survivability, and attacking.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2018
    Considering I/L is one of the stronger mages out there...I think Bishops need a buff waaaay more than anything. My level 200 bishop has less range than some of my 150s :T Give Angel Ray back its main mobbing power.
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    Bishops need a Boot in Attack Power for sure. Something that always plagued them. My main focus is spell casting and attack speed. Something that all explorer mages suffer in. But by comparison (I've played all mages so far) Explorer Mages are weaker and attack slower compared to Lumi's, Battle Mages, Evans, and etc.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2018
    and you just happen to be an explorer mage hmmm
  • RyoManRyoMan
    edited March 2018
    Whats the hmm for? Seeing Highlights videos of Curryishot back in 05'-06' made want to be an I/L mage.